Old 02-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #21
cwathne

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post

I'm not joking in the slightest. You and the OP are scammers. Pure and simple.

Would you like it if I came into your house and just started drinking beer out of your fridge that I didn't pay for? No, you wouldn't.
your argument would be valid if I was using TMo's wireless internet without paying for it; but the fact is that I am using MY OWN HOME INTERNET, THE INTERNET AT MY LOCAL CAFE'S, AND THE INTERNET AT MY UNIVERSITY.

Oh, and reading comprehension > you in more than one way; I am the OP.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #22
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwathne View Post
your argument would be valid if I was using TMo's wireless internet without paying for it; but the fact is that I am using MY OWN HOME INTERNET, THE INTERNET AT MY LOCAL CAFE'S, AND THE INTERNET AT MY UNIVERSITY.

Oh, and reading comprehension > you in more than one way; I am the OP.
Go boff yourself.

My point is still valid.

Last edited by dc/dc; 02-26-2009 at 08:02 PM..
Old 02-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #23
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

Please let's stop the posting in this forum. To have a data plan or not is solely a user decision.. no one can force someone to sign up for that. Both of you may be right on your thoughts but what is the point. BBF has a high reputation in the Blackberry world.. this kind of posting does not convey that. So please stop it.

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Old 02-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #24
raja_3012

Model: iPhn4

Mods .. can any one of you close this thread?

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Old 02-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #25
Perfect Storm

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoMayer View Post
From here it seems like Comunism, not Capitalism.
Might want to educate yourself on what comunism actually is
Old 02-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #26
Me-Q

Carrier: China-Mobile

Hi I am a new user of BB, since I read this thread I am more confused, I need someone to help me please...

I bought a BB phone in Hongkong when I just about to move to Shanghai China early this month, with the thinking of getting the BB data plan here in China, but when I contacted China Mobile I just realized that they don't have BIS, they have BES instead and I am not qualified to use their service.

I set up my browser to Hotspot browser and I have wifi at office and home but I can't connect to the BB messenger or YM or even to my email,

when I set up my email through the Email Setup, it has only one option and the option is "I want to use a work email account with BlackBerry Enterprise Server"
when I press next this message appear " Has your BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator provided you with an Enterprise Activation password?" when I choose "No" nothing will happen and if I choose "yes" and put my email detail, this message appear " Acquiring service connection...." then this message appear " Activation request failed. A service connection is unavailable".

So I tried to get some information in the internet and finally I bought a software for my 8900 called "im+ all in one mobile messenger" that can be use in wifi or gprs network to get connected using YM, MSN, Google Talk etc. but until now I can't access my email, does anyone can help me to do the setting or to get another software for my email??

Many Thanks.

Best Regards,

Me-Q
Old 02-27-2009, 02:07 AM   #27
LaoMayer
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: ---
Carrier: Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Storm View Post
Might want to educate yourself on what comunism actually is
For sure you didn't see my location. I'm sure I'm the right person to speak about communism on this forum. ;)

@Me-Q: Go to Options -> Security Settings -> TLS and set it to "Handheld".

Then go to Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP/IP and setup your APN (including username and passwoerd) given by your carrier.

Restart the phone by pulling the battery and use a 3rd software to check your email. My integrated browser works on WiFi too.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #28
Me-Q

Quote:

Restart the phone by pulling the battery and use a 3rd software to check your email. My integrated browser works on WiFi too.
Thanks a lot bro LaoMayer for your thorough explanation, I appreciate it very much, and do you have any idea which 3rd software give the best result?

Best Regards,

Me-Q
Old 02-27-2009, 10:27 PM   #29
anoopv16
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm588 View Post
do you get charged for browsing sites and downloading apps when on wifi?? I don't have a data plan but I can still browse sites and d/l apps on wifi. Am i getting charged for this?
No, T-mobile does not charge for wifi browsing. I have the same ..
Old 02-28-2009, 01:41 AM   #30
LaoMayer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-Q View Post
Thanks a lot bro LaoMayer for your thorough explanation, I appreciate it very much, and do you have any idea which 3rd software give the best result?

Best Regards,

Me-Q
I use Opera. It's the best so far. Visit www.mini.opera.com from your phone.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #31
Me-Q

Quote:
I use Opera. It's the best so far.
Thanks a lot bro LaoMayer and now my last question how do I set my IP because my carrier ask me to but I can't find it.

Best Regards,

Me-Q
Old 03-02-2009, 03:06 AM   #32
LaoMayer
Thumbs Must Hurt

For WiFi you don't need to setup any IP. Just connect the BB phone to your wireless router and that's it.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:59 AM   #33
Aikane

Carrier: Tmobile
Default Mahalo from Kona

Thank you for your help with this cwathne!! Now I can use my Blackberry with my paid cable WiFi in my three homes and two offices and T-mobile hotspots. I believe those that can afford data plans, WiFi should pay, and those that cannot should be provided access. This will allow the rise of talent and ability unfettered by the oft randomness of monetary good fortune.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #34
kankanman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmo

i gotsa a question about the 8900 without a data plan. i just upgraded my phone. i had the first curve then the shadow 2009 before this and never had data plans. on both phones, i used wifi to browse the web and download apps like gmail and google maps and would be able to use them. but i just got this phone and though i can browse the internet, why cant i use gmail and google maps? it says i need a connection but the wifi is clearly on.

and for those that said they can get free email w/out the data plan, are ya using the browser or somehow using the device to push email through wifi spots?

thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #35
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by kankanman View Post
i gotsa a question about the 8900 without a data plan. i just upgraded my phone. i had the first curve then the shadow 2009 before this and never had data plans. on both phones, i used wifi to browse the web and download apps like gmail and google maps and would be able to use them. but i just got this phone and though i can browse the internet, why cant i use gmail and google maps? it says i need a connection but the wifi is clearly on.

and for those that said they can get free email w/out the data plan, are ya using the browser or somehow using the device to push email through wifi spots?

thanks
Please get a data plan.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #36
Ramazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwathne View Post
FIGURED IT OUT

just incase there are any other noob's looking for how to do this....

Open your browser (yes, the one that isn't working) navigate to Menu > Options >
Browser Configuration. on the top, change browser to "hotspot browser". then go back to browser options and click general properties, here again change browser to "hotspot broser"

NOW WIFI WORKS WITHOUT DATA PLAN
That's not working for me!
Old 05-27-2009, 03:50 AM   #37
cjgonzales1900

Model: 8310
Carrier: att
Default exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisambo View Post
...says who??? the decision is best left to the owner with options presented to them. . . .

Why would you restrict people from using work-arounds? you must be heavily invested in RIMM . . .
I only use my 8900's internet when im home or at school both have free WIFI well i have to pay for the one at home but you get my point so why pay $35 a month to AT&T when i wont even use it and thats why there are work arounds lol
Old 05-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #38
abbytothemax

So dc/dc - the people who make BBs made the phone so that it could connect to wifi for free, yet using that very feature is..."scamming"??? There's this thing called logic, you should wiki it.

And I have the same issue with apps. When wifi is on, it won't connect. I don't know how to get to e-mail, which would be nice but it's not the end of the world.

Please no one tell me to get a data plan to solve my problems.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:02 AM   #39
lhsonic

Carrier: Rogers

lol... dc/dc, IMO, is wrong and right on several points

To the guy that compared capitalism and communism... one is an economic ideology and one is a political ideology.. LOL.. you were comparing apples to oranges. And yes dc/dc is right on this point.. he does seem to support what capitalism stands for.. Buying... and buying more and more supports the economy!

This is also what conspicuous consumption is. People that have purchased a BlackBerry without a dataplan... I believe purely got one just to show off.. like honestly.. you don't need a friggin blackberry to use JUST as a phone without taking advantage of what, imo, is a Blackberry's main selling point- BIS push email.. (that and of course BES for its truly business-orientated clients). There's also Google Maps and such which uses GPS but is useless in real-world scenarios without data... unless you really just wanna use it at home or at a hotspot...

However, he's wrong to think everyone needs a data plan, because not having one and using only wifi is stealing... I don't believe that... But I also ask why people need to use their phone's browsers at school and home where in today's world.. pretty much has access to a laptop or other computer especially if they can afford a BB.

Edit: WOW. i just read the post over.. it sounds incredibly noob and might not even make sense to many.. I think it's because I'm tired GOOD NIGHT>>>
Old 06-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #40
brownboy0000

Carrier: Tmobile

im doing find and all i want to do without a data plan my wifi and hotspot works fine.
Closed Thread