Old 06-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
marley1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default What case would be good for me

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys, Sorry to beat a dead horse (i see a few threads already). Anyway i just got my curve and loving it but wanna keep it in good condition. I don't think i could bear myself to put it on a belt clip. What would be the best protection for in pocket wear??? I'm guessing just get one of the screen protectors, or is their some good case?
Old 06-06-2007, 05:41 AM   #2
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50

Either a Shield Zone full body skin or the OEM RIM Slip Case would seem to fit you best.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

My friend does the in pocket thing and get crap/lint in the roller ball all the time causing problems. I know the belt case is not for some but it is cleaner
Old 06-06-2007, 06:34 AM   #4
lgreenberg

I've been carrying my devices caseless for some time now. Started with the Treo 700, then the 750, then the Pearl and now the Curve.

[Knocking on wood] I haven't seen any negative effects, i.e. dust, dirt, etc. from doing so. [/end knocking on wood.[/b]

I do keep my device protected with a full body Shield Zone and have been using the OEM RIM rubberized skin as well with the Curve.

If dust is a concern then the OEM slip case is probably your best choice and it adds the least amount of bulk but still keeps the device covered.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:01 AM   #5
xxaarraa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: The New Cingular

I am not a fan of batman, but I like the belt case for a variety of reasons.
1. No chance of dropping the phone in the toilet.
2. No chance of lint and goo getting inside the track ball or under the screen
3. No chance of falling out when I'm running or walking fast or engaging in anything other than sitting around
4. No chance of popping out when I am on my motorcycle
5. Less distraction. If its in my pocket or sitting on my desk, I am more likely to check every email and be fiddling with it than when it is put away out of sight.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 AM   #6
marley1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
I've been carrying my devices caseless for some time now. Started with the Treo 700, then the 750, then the Pearl and now the Curve.

[Knocking on wood] I haven't seen any negative effects, i.e. dust, dirt, etc. from doing so. [/end knocking on wood.[/b]

I do keep my device protected with a full body Shield Zone and have been using the OEM RIM rubberized skin as well with the Curve.

If dust is a concern then the OEM slip case is probably your best choice and it adds the least amount of bulk but still keeps the device covered.
What is this OEM RIM rubberized skin? The full body Shield Zone sounds kinda weird, its like 6 pieces?? I was hoping it was just a condom type design.

And what is the OEM slip case?

(links to purchase please). i stopped at 2 cell phone stores all had cases that would fit but werent 8300 cases.

THANKS!!!!!!!!

**** btw curve is pimp, i dont get what the complaints are about this is my first BB and im loving it.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:13 AM   #7
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
I am not a fan of batman, but I like the belt case for a variety of reasons.
1. No chance of dropping the phone in the toilet.
2. No chance of lint and goo getting inside the track ball or under the screen
3. No chance of falling out when I'm running or walking fast or engaging in anything other than sitting around
4. No chance of popping out when I am on my motorcycle
5. Less distraction. If its in my pocket or sitting on my desk, I am more likely to check every email and be fiddling with it than when it is put away out of sight.
I agree that each has his own needs and wants and the belt case in not for everyone. My phone IS a distraction and is ringing all the time. I love it when I get off the phone and here come 4-5 emails! These calls are my company's life blood!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:13 AM   #8
lgreenberg

Slip Case - BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

Skin - BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

The skin comes in black, blue, green, pink, white and orange.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:31 AM   #9
marley1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
Slip Case - BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

Skin - BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

The skin comes in black, blue, green, pink, white and orange.
looks like we got a winner. i am gonna get a black skin and a screen protector.

i think im gonna get a shieldzone seems to be the best as its gonna fit prefect fit. Is shieldzone the best screen protector? I see the others ones but they seem to just be generic size.

that way i can toss it in my pocket, if it falls out it has a little bit of rubber on the corners.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:15 AM   #10
marley1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Also is there a member on these forums that sell those accessories? rather help out the smaller guys
Old 06-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #11
abell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: "The New" AT&T\Old Cingular (previously had T-Mobile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marley1 View Post
Also is there a member on these forums that sell those accessories? rather help out the smaller guys
I got a buddy that runs a store and he feeds his kids on selling accessories like that, glad to see you want to help out the little guys, his site:

BlackBerry

Good to see Little Sue and Baby Bobby will be getting their bread and rice tonight!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #12
marley1
Thumbs Must Hurt

that site linkedc to blackberry.com i wentback through the forum and i see eShopLimited? Im sending him a PM for the skin.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:27 AM   #13
abell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
that site linkedc to blackberry.com i wentback through the forum and i see eShopLimited? Im sending him a PM for the skin.

I know, was supposed to be a joke... i was hoping it displayed blackberry . com not just the wording, oops... joke gone bad.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:29 AM   #14
marley1
Thumbs Must Hurt

lol i didn't get the joke =p

am i not into blackberries enough heh.

o well sent him a pm but it says out of stock on site may have to order through blackberry.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #15
abell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
lol i didn't get the joke =p

am i not into blackberries enough heh.

o well sent him a pm but it says out of stock on site may have to order through blackberry.
Wasn't really a bb joke at all... it's like if you said you wanna support a local retailer and I told you about my buddy who runs a little shop called Walmart... lol.... when you walk can you hear the sound of the air rushing over your head j\k

But seriously... the best cases are always the ones from RIM... I don't have a use for a belt clip so I ordered the sleve... cost $19.99 and my instant gratification kicked in and I paid $15 for the overnight shipping... but if you give it a couple weeks I bet they're $10-15 shipped on ebay.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #16
marley1
Thumbs Must Hurt

yeah i ordered from eSHOPlimited.com - Your one place to buy authentic BRAND NEW OEM accessories says its original equipment.

now to get a screen protector
Old 06-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #17
abell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
yeah i ordered from eSHOPlimited.com - Your one place to buy authentic BRAND NEW OEM accessories says its original equipment.

now to get a screen protector
I ordered direct from RIM cause when I checked eshopunlimited was sold out... plus I typically won't buy from that kinda place... a bit too sketchy as far as longevity\etc\selling OEM for less than list right when a device comes out. A couple years ago I did that and it turned out they were cheap cause they were seconds (b-stock) oem cases... mehh... I'll spend a couple more bux and support RIM.

I ordered a shieldzone or whatever shield someone else referred to... the only comment I have is "$15 for a sticker?" ... I guess they just started a 20% off summer promo, dunno details, i deleted the email since i had ordered and paid, but the feedback I have is that I ordered it three days ago and it hasn't shipped according to them, yet.... and that's unacceptable. When it's a sticker and I pay $15 ($5 of which was shipping) I expect same or next day shipping, all they have to do is put it in an envelops and attach a 39 or 40 or whatever a stamp costs these days... but I'll bet it shows up in 10 days with a bulk mail stamp on it so the $5 I paid for shipping cost them $0.29 to get it to me within 10 days rather than $0.39 to get it to me in 3 days... ok going on a tangent now, I'll stop.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #18
marley1
Thumbs Must Hurt

see what ya mean. yeah well i ordered from eShop, seem to have a good forum precense. He pm me saying there was 1 left so i ordered it. Meh im cheap ill save a few bucks =p

Shieldzone ill get soon enough, but yeah i know what u mean about shipping. But u gotta figure thats where they make some profit. Selling for such a cheap price, gotta make a few bucks on shipping. But eh, kinda lame. If that shieldzone comes in a box i mite email them saying to stop wasting my trees!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #19
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Call me old fashioned but my favorite all time case was what the swivel belt clip leather case for my Blackberry 7520! It has no flap over the top and the device slipped into and removed so nicely. The current model for the 8300 is a little higher on the belt and the swivel is not near as compact.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #20
BoxWave
Platinum Sponsor

Model: Pearl

We offer the Active Case along with other BoxWave 8300 Accessories.

Chris-
BoxWave Accessories
Closed Thread