Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
phalpern
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: t-mobile
Default No "Send" option when replying

Please Login to Remove!

We have 1200 BBs at our firm and I have one user with a problem we have never encountered before.

We just upgraded our BES server to 4.1 and this user can send/receive messages fine, seems to have all the new features, but when he receives a message, clicks Reply and types in his text, then clicks the trackwheel again, there is no Send option listed.

He can successfully compose and send new messages and can forward messages successfully with the Send option, just cannot reply.

He is out of town now and this is a HUGE time and frustration problem for him (and, by definition, for me).

Anyone seen this before? Searches with RIM and on other sites prove fruitless. And, before you ask, I am in a branch office and not on the RIM support call list, and I would like to solve this without corporate office getting involved.

Thanks!

Paul
Old 12-20-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
Airmark1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT uhhhh Cingular uhhh I mean ATT

I am having this problem with my Link2Exchange email right now. My AOL, BB, Gmail and work email all work fine...it is just the one of my addresses that has no "SEND" in the Reply form.

I have seen this before. I totally forget how it got fixed.

?was it a cat i saw?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
tomryan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

It sounds like a missing service book for a bis account.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:47 AM   #4
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

I'd delete and resend the message services service books. If you can narrow down which particular messaging service is affected then just delete those specific service books and resend.

Pulling the battery first (if you haven't already) is probably best.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:57 AM   #5
phalpern

Thanks, I have done all that. I also believe this is a service book issue, but finding out which one is a mystery. Since he is traveling, it is impossible to get him to help me as he does not have the time.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:16 PM   #6
MobileRC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

I believe I have seen this before. Does this happen for new emails as well? I can't recall the solution but it is likely 1 of 2 things

When he composes a brand new message it is using a default account such as his corporate email. The emails he may be replying to could be off of his bis account, it could be a matter of him deleting the service books off the device manually and re sending from his bis account.

Or it could have to do with it not being able to find the original message and or sender. Its hard when you are one place and the user is traveling. I'd try to figure out what accounts he is using on his BlackBerry and which version of bis he is using.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:15 PM   #7
phalpern

Thanks, MobileRC. We use BES,. not BIS and he has only his corporate account on that unit. He is replying to newly arrived messages.

We have previously deleted his Desktop [SYNC] service book and resent it. He is in the air right now, so I'll have to wait to see if anything worked. I'll let you know.

Paul
Old 12-22-2006, 02:24 PM   #8
MobileRC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Rogers

I remember I ran into this issue and I believe it had to do with restoring an old backup file so there were no message services associated to the emails that were restored. I didnt find a solution, I just had to deal with it. :P Sorry
Old 12-22-2006, 03:10 PM   #9
rjones

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalpern
He can successfully compose and send new messages and can forward messages successfully with the Send option, just cannot reply.
I have had this issue and was on the phone with RIM and my service provider for about 3 hours and we tried every which way to resend the service books, but nothing work. Finally I just wiped the user's blackbery and ran Enterprise Activation wirelessly and the problem was resolved.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:41 PM   #10
phalpern

Thanks for the replies. Since the user was travelling to a city where we had another office, I had that local IT guy give him a new sim card and 8700g unit and backup/restore from his problem unit.

That strategy eventually worked, although it took about one full day for his calendar to fill in wirelessly.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #11
PETEYWESTRAW
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AY TEE AND TEE

The same thing happened to me and had to end up wiping the handheld, but it happened after I tried to download a different OS.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:43 AM   #12
john45

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

The same thing happened to me and I had to wipe the unit twice in order to fix it. It was a major pain.
Closed Thread