Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #81
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA
Default Re: Upgrade Makes Me Look For Another Phone

Please Login to Remove!

I'm glad you've got it mostly squared off.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #82
The Sand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

We do have it squared away! I "hid" the wrong mailbox - so I was looking at the main one thinking it was the other one - once a text came in (we separate) I knew I was looking at the wrong one. Duh.

I can't find the ability to save a browser message in this OS so maybe they bailed on that feature and that was why the prior browser messages didn't transfer. You can "send/copy" the link, etc. though which will work.

We are both thrilled and love it!

Thanks so much for your help with the SMIME!

Sandy

Last edited by The Sand; 09-25-2011 at 01:49 PM..
Old 09-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #83
The Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sand View Post
I can't find the ability to save a browser message in this OS so maybe they bailed on that feature and that was why the prior browser messages didn't transfer. You can "send/copy" the link, etc. though which will work.

We are both thrilled and love it!

Thanks so much for your help with the SMIME!

Sandy
Here is what we did to get around this - go to the home screen and hit the BB Key and select "Add folder" and call it "Browser Messages." Now when you are in the Globe and want to save a link hit the BB Key and select "Add to Home Screen," under Location tap and a drop down menu will appear and you can select your newly created folder called "Browser Messages."
Old 09-27-2011, 05:37 AM   #84
Redchilli

Model: z10
Carrier: TELSTRA AUSTRALIA

this is an AT&T issue , not a BB issue.
[ wrong message sorry]

Last edited by Redchilli; 09-27-2011 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: reply meant for another message
Old 09-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #85
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT&Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankarlinski View Post
So, what ever really happened with this thread??
OP finally was convinced he was wrong, and just stopped talking?

Its been in interesting thread...

Well, I better get back to work with my Encrypted, VERIZON, secure blackberry.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
When the the cheerleaders here gave info that was directly opposite to what I got from operational adminstrators, tech support at both ATT and RIM and personal experience from several other individual users like myself I decided to invoke the Pig Rule and move on.

Still come back to this forum occasionally for entertainment and to see the struggles of the hobbiest and those who have given up on official tech support.

Have Fun.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #86
The Sand

In today’s tech environment it’s important to make sure you are “Server Ready.” Have one main pst. In Outlook that holds what is private and only upload to the server (whether that be Hosted Exchange, Hotmail or AT&T’s Address Book) a streamlined, modified and/or slanged version of your info for syncing. With the way smartphones are headed… with how many corporations are trying to get to your private data and location via apps, etc., that is the only way to have any peace of mind. Right now, the powers that be are currently arguing if it’s legally okay for the police to walk up to you and take what is off your smartphone with a device that is capable of doing just that. Being “Server Ready” alleviates some of the stress. Smartphones aren’t meant to be standalone devices anymore and using them that way isn’t smart. We weren’t asked if we liked this – it’s just the way it is.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #87
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

This is getting ridiculous. If you're still frequenting the forums, you'd have come across this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
NoBox, I know you still think you're right and everyone else is wrong, but here is the word, straight from AT&T support forums:

Quote:
<What is the AT&T Address Book?>

On the AT&T Blackberry Torch 9800, under Setup, there are different icons for features you want to set up. One of them is called AT&T Address Book. When you click on that icon, it begins the registration process for AT&T Address Book. You have the choice to Accept or Decline.

Once accepted, all future contacts created on the device can only be listed on the AT&T Address Book contact list. It is no longer possible to create contacts in the Default address book on the device.
Note carefully where it says there are different icons to set up features you WANT, and you have to CLICK ON AT&T Address Book to begin the registration process, and you HAVE THE CHOICE TO ACCEPT OR DECLINE.

Sometime, during initial SETUP, using the SETUP app, you CLICKED on the icon for AT&T Address Book and then CLICKED on Accept.

I never used the SETUP app (choosing to set my new Torch up via the online AT&T BIS site), so I surely didn't CLICK on the AT&T Address Book icon, and therefore I didn't have to click accept or decline. Pretty simple, really!

Torch 9800: How do I disable AT&T Address Book? - AT&T Community Support

This proves your stance is incorrect, and you have selective hearing of those who you speak to. It is straight from AT&T's site. The proof is right in front of you. If I told you that pigs could fly, I am sure you would believe that too. Obviously you believe what people say if it is what you want to hear, regardless if there is proof proving it incorrect.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]

Last edited by jsconyers; 09-29-2011 at 08:24 AM..
Old 09-30-2011, 07:28 AM   #88
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

NoBox is a lesson on confirmation bias.

He finds the two or three people who are as ignorant on the subject as he is and believes them because they agree with him.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #89
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

You folks do realize how silly this is don't you? I post that it was a joint issue with ATT and RIM and give the reasons. Replies are that I'm wrong ad nauseum. I talk to folks at both companies whose job it is to provide support to us customers and who provided their names. They are not mysterious folks hiding behind UserIDs. These people who their respective companies count on to provide accurate and helpful information agree with my comments. No amount of internet bullying changes the facts no matter what you may think.

Then, rather than take the word of human voice communicatiion you choose to accept the word of human communicatiion that is on the web. Hmmmm, putting something on the web makes it more authoritative than voice? Now That is silly.

My big error was in assigning a higher degree of confidence in the privacy of my information just because it was on a blackberry than it deserved. Now that I know it is Just Another Phone and after talking to ATT and RIM I've changed the way I store information. And I've downgraded blackberry from the high positon I used to hold it. All good.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #90
jsconyers

What is silly is you. AT&T put it in writing that the user has to accept the terms and condition to use their Address Book, which is obviously something you did but don't want to admit to it.

The fact that they posted it to their website makes it official. My company has official policies too, but if I go around telling someone that policy is not true, just because I work for the company, doesn't make my word more meaningful than the official policy.

I don't understand why you just won't admit that you ACCEPTED the T&C and it uploaded the contacts at that point, than making a huge stink out of an otherwise non-issue.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #91
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

NoBox, you are, without a doubt, a complete idiot. You have no idea what you are talking about, you don't understand simple concepts, you actually think customer service reps provide accurate and helpful information as a rule, and you keep coming back here for more. Unreal.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #92
DallasFlier

PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBox View Post
Will leave this thread now to the blackberry defenders of the faith and move on to more important things.
Quote:
You folks do realize how silly this is don't you? I post that it was a joint issue with ATT and RIM and give the reasons. Replies are that I'm wrong ad nauseum. I talk to folks at both companies whose job it is to provide support to us customers and who provided their names. They are not mysterious folks hiding behind UserIDs. These people who their respective companies count on to provide accurate and helpful information agree with my comments. No amount of internet bullying changes the facts no matter what you may think.

Then, rather than take the word of human voice communicatiion you choose to accept the word of human communicatiion that is on the web. Hmmmm, putting something on the web makes it more authoritative than voice? Now That is silly.
  1. The troll who announced a while back that he was gone, had "more important things" to do, continues to prove he obviously does NOT have anything more important to do than troll.
  2. Yes, as you point out it is MOST DEFINITELY silly - to consider taking the anonymous claims (on the web) of mysterious folk hiding behind the UserID "NoBox" rather than the posted, documented information directly on AT&T's official corporate website. After all, it makes perfect sense that the official corporate AT&T website is MUCH less authoritative than anonymous rants from NoBox on the internet with absolutely no written documentation whatsoever.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #93
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Nope, I keep coming back just for the fun of it. You keep citing things that are contrary to experience of the people I know and the people the companies have trained. I find that most interesting. Attempting to bully your way out of it doesn't wash.

You can or cannot believe what I post. Your choice. But, the source of the information is at supervisory levels in the respective companies. So, you are arguing with them, not me. I'm just putting their words here. I suspect it is you they would use the word "idiot" to describe.

But, since you are getting so contentious and I've made my decisions this thread has no more utility to me.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #94
DallasFlier

PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

August 23rd:

Quote:
Will leave this thread now to the blackberry defenders of the faith and move on to more important things.
September 30th (many posts later):

Quote:
But, since you are getting so contentious and I've made my decisions this thread has no more utility to me.
Any bets on whether the troll is REALLY gone or not?
Old 09-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #95
jsconyers

Riddle me this then, Batman.

The 9800 was an AT&T exclusive device. That would mean everyone with an 9800 on AT&T would have this issue since it is an "issue", right?

Then why are you the only one that has reported this "issue" on this forum, or any other forum?

It couldn't be because YOU accepted the terms and conditions of this app which allowed for it to sync your contacts to AT&T's server, could it?
Old 09-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #96
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Nope, I keep coming back just for the fun of it.
No, you don't. What's clear is that you can't help yourself.

Quote:
You keep citing things that are contrary to experience of the people I know and the people the companies have trained.
So you know some other idiots. That's not something to be proud of.

Quote:
I find that most interesting. Attempting to bully your way out of it doesn't wash.
Bully my way out? Not hardly. If you consider my actions as bullying, then you have mighty thin skin. And I have nothing to get "out" of.

Quote:
You can or cannot believe what I post. Your choice.
Yes, it is my choice, and no, I don't believe you. You said it yourself: "Hmmmm, putting something on the web makes it more authoritative than voice? Now That is silly." Ergo, just because you wrote it doesn't mean that what you wrote has any validity at all.

Quote:
But, the source of the information is at supervisory levels in the respective companies.
And?

Quote:
So, you are arguing with them, not me.
No, I'm having a conversation with you. I'm not making any attempt to argue with anyone... you, them, your friends...

Quote:
I'm just putting their words here. I suspect it is you they would use the word "idiot" to describe.
Funny. I have this sinking feeling that when they hung up with you, your name went on the wall of shame in their respective offices.

Quote:
Please let this be true.

PS: Magic bananas.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.

Last edited by ifonline; 09-30-2011 at 03:52 PM..
Old 09-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #97
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Amazing.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread