Old 12-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
what1801
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Blackberry Desktop Software - How to delete calendar or address book

Please Login to Remove!

Problem - I can't find the option to delete calendar appointments or address book entries in Blackberry Desktop Software. I go to Device > Delete Data but the calendar and address book are deemed and read-only. Does anybody have an idea how to do this?

I just upgraded from Desktop Manager and that one was listening to me when i asked to delete calendar appointments or entries in address book.
Please, I need some advice here.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Default Re: Blackberry Desktop Software - How to delete calendar or address book

No, no previous RIM/Desktop Manager software had the ability or function to edit or add or delete contacts and calendar appointments from directly within the Desktop Manager.

You must sync to an application like Outlook or Outlook Express, or another.

DO you want to delete or remove the ENTIRE Address Book or Calendar data from your BlackBerry... that's a different story.
Is that what you're trying to do?
Old 12-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
what1801
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Default Re: Blackberry Desktop Software - How to delete calendar or address book

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
No, no previous RIM/Desktop Manager software had the ability or function to edit or add or delete contacts and calendar appointments from directly within the Desktop Manager.

You must sync to an application like Outlook or Outlook Express, or another.

DO you want to delete or remove the ENTIRE Address Book or Calendar data from your BlackBerry... that's a different story.
Is that what you're trying to do?
Exactly. I'm sorry i wasn't explicit enough. I can't find the option to delete the entire calendar or address book.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

If the see the Calendar and Address Book in the Desktop Software > Tools > Remove data, and it is greyed out, then disconnect your device from the USB and look on the BlackBerry at Options > Advanced > Service Books.

See if you have the service book for [DESKTOP]Sync, and if you do, scroll to it, press the Menu key > Delete.

Then reconnect to the Desktop Software and try again to see the Address Book and Calendar and remove the data.

You can return and UNdelete that service book once you've done the above.
Closed Thread