Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
tkfische

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default freezing problem

Please Login to Remove!

hi all, just got my tour a few weeks ago and other than crappy battery life havnt had any problems with it until just now. i was in the middle of writing an email and my tour suddenly froze on me then went to a completely white screen with the watch thing ticking. it did that for about a minute and i was trying to hold the power button to turn it off. i didnt pull the battery but after that it turned back on but went through some security verification screen that said it passed. ive never seen that before and was wondering what that was. all my contacts, messages, emails and settings seem to be OK but when i hit the BB button on a menu it opens the full menu instead of the short menu, even when i have it set to open a short menu. any suggestions?
Old 07-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
tkfische

oh and i had all the unnecessary programs in the background closed out, except for 2: for some reason the facebook app and the poker game that comes with the tour wont close even when i try to close them
Old 07-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I would do a battery pull. That should fix it, if it does it again I would consider exchanging your device for another.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
tkfische

I actually just did that - pulled the battery out with the phone on and left it out for about a miute, then when I turned it on it did the same thing that I just described with the security check thing so I'm confused. That didn't resolve the short/full menu problem either
Old 07-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Sounds to me like you may have a hardware problem. You could wipe and restore the OS for good measure if you would like. However, if it were me ... I would probably exchange it, since the device is so new.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #6
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

The OS could be flaky sometimes. I would do what was suggested above

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
tkfische

uh oh thats no good. i cant find anything else thats wrong with it, but yea for a $200 phone i wouldnt want to find this out later and be screwed. just to double check to make sure im not an idiot, when you go into your email and highlight a message and press the BB button, with the short menu there should be an option to expand or view the full menu or something like that correct? thanks a ton for the reply
Closed Thread