Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 AM   #1
mnhunn

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTN
Angry All Alerts, Ringtones, profiles

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All, can anyone please help me. The past few days I have lost all the alerts on my phone so even the default ring tones and alerts for messages has gone including all my music. Can anyone help me please... Have take battery out and restarted, no luck.... It even affects my alarm clock
Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: All Alerts, Ringtones, profiles

Go through the steps of accessing your profile settings and changing them. At what step do you first have a problem? Are you able to access a profile settings screen, say LOUD, for example? Are you able to change the phone setting to something, any tone at all, for example? If some tones are there for you to select and some are now gone, were the tones/tunes you've lost actually still present in device memory, or not?

There are multiple possibilities here. You need to give some additional clues to narrow it down.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 01-29-2013 at 06:23 AM..
Old 01-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
mnhunn

Hi, thanks for the response. I can go into the settings but when go to change an alert or setting, then there is no music to select and the default tones that come with the phone are all gone and I only get MTN and BBM voice has an option to chose from. No alerts for SMS, notifcations, they all now coming through with a funny like three beep noise..... Any advice will be appreciated.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Ok, you said you took the battery out. Go ahead and do it again. Do it while the power is on, and wait a good 60 seconds before you put it back. Then test.

Offhand, if that doesn't work, I might try clearing the profiles data base using desktop manager, then doing the profile settings again. But I'm going to search and see if anyone else has dealt with this.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
mnhunn

Thanks, but no so such luck... The strange thing is if I go to for example set the tone for a text message, if I go to all alerts, which use to be your standard SMS tone, only options I get are BBM Voice Chat and MTN. This is what I get for all options when trying. And with music, only 4 songs of which I don't recognise them at all.... Thanks for trying to help ....
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Ok, let me be sure I understand what you mean by all alerts.

If I go to change the tone for text messages for my selected profile, I see an abbreviated list of tones, and at the bottom of this list I have All Music, All Voice Notes, and All Alerts.

Is the All Alerts selection I describe the same thing you are talking about? Do you see that list of tones, or is that gone?

I did a search and didn't find anything that looked similar to your issue. My theory is the profiles database has been corrupted and that is preventing the BlackBerry from showing you the available tones in the setup screen. That's why I asked if you can see any custom tones on the device that aren't showing in the setup screen. If they are there on the device (or on the microSD card) then they are there, not wiped out.

Anyway, check for your custom ringtones. That will answer the question whether they are really gone or not.

Use desktop manager and proceed as if you are going to do a selective backup. You will see how you can select a database on the device and clear it. Or the word may be delete. Same difference as far as we are concerned. Clear the profiles database. Then test.

If you don't see the stock ringtones in the profiles setup after clearing the profiles database, I don't know what else to do by do a clean reinstall of the OS.

Before you start doing anything, do a full backup first.
Closed Thread