Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question Service Books/no email after .93 upgrade

Please Login to Remove!

Hi:

Its been about 12 hours since I upgraded, I tried re-sending service books etc.. Still not receiving email, don't have my browser or myfaves. Everything else works and upgraded fine.

My question is, would it be a bad idea to call T-mobile and ask them to resend my service books and refresh myfaves and browser? I don't want them to know I am using 4.5...

Thanks
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I see you said you've done this... but as a refresher (and for others):

All steps described here: My Email Stopped Arriving - BlackBerryFAQ

Did you do a HRT > Register?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
Helmdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I see you said you've done this... but as a refresher (and for others):

All steps described here: My Email Stopped Arriving - BlackBerryFAQ

Did you do a HRT > Register?
I did all steps with the exception of calling service provider. I am reluctant to call being that I am using 4.5.. Do you think I can still call even though I am using 4.5??
Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Yep. You don't need to tell them that you are running 4.5. If they ask your OS version, tell them 4.2, as I honestly don't think this is a OS issue.

Have you tried deleting all the service books related to email, browser, provisioning and my faves, and then rebooting the BB... verify visually the SBs are deleted... then do the HRT register or Send SBs from the BIS?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
Helmdawg

Quote:
Yep. You don't need to tell them that you are running 4.5. If they ask your OS version, tell them 4.2, as I honestly don't think this is a OS issue.

Have you tried deleting all the service books related to email, browser, provisioning and my faves, and then rebooting the BB... verify visually the SBs are deleted... then do the HRT register or Send SBs from the BIS?
I haven't tried deleting all the service books. I will try that now. Yes, I did re-send service books from my BIS.. but will try it again after I delete the service books.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #6
Helmdawg

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
I haven't tried deleting all the service books. I will try that now. Yes, I did re-send service books from my BIS.. but will try it again after I delete the service books.
I just called T-mobile and still not receiving data/emails. They were however able to refresh my myfaves but suggested I "reset my device."

Please forgive me for asking this question as I have never had to roll back a OS or re-install. Can someone point me to how to either re-install this .93 or roll back to .81??

I greatly appreciate the help!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #7
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Rollbackk = downgrade, on your PC > Control Panel > Add/Remove Progs, remove the .93 OS, and make sure the older OS .81 is still installed. Open DM > App loader and proceed with the downgrade. The loader will downgrade the OS.

Or, do a JL Cmder wipe and load .93 back on there. I am just sure it should work.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
Helmdawg

Quote:
Rollbackk = downgrade, on your PC > Control Panel > Add/Remove Progs, remove the .93 OS, and make sure the older OS .81 is still installed. Open DM > App loader and proceed with the downgrade. The loader will downgrade the OS.

Or, do a JL Cmder wipe and load .93 back on there. I am just sure it should work.
Thanks Much JS!! I will do this when I get back from the doctor. I am going to try and reload .93.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #9
rivviepop

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Just saw this thread Helmster - see my reply in the other thread, I had some similar minor issues. Mine eventually worked themselves out after time. :(
Old 10-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #10
Helmdawg

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmdawg View Post
Thanks Much JS!! I will do this when I get back from the doctor. I am going to try and reload .93.
Well, I tried downgrading to .81 (wiping device wouldn't connect for me) and still NO data service. Receiving text messages and phone calls fine.

I upgraded to .93, registered handheld, resent service books (numerous times), deleted and re-added my email adresses and still no email or internet explorer browser (just t-zones).

I am at my wits end with this. Seems to be an issue (as Rivie pop) pointed out earlier. I guess I have to wait and see...

Last edited by Helmdawg; 10-13-2008 at 09:11 PM..
Old 10-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #11
dynamicrockstar469
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: ASU eliboM-T

Wirelessly posted

Downgrade to 4.2.2.327/4.2.2.180 http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade
Old 10-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #12
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Helmdawg, with JL_cmder, you may need to give it several tries with both battery in and out. It will recover 95% of all BlackBerrys, and those usually have serious issues with no OS loaded, etc. I just gotta believe it will work.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #13
Helmdawg

Quote:
Helmdawg, with JL_cmder, you may need to give it several tries with both battery in and out. It will recover 95% of all BlackBerrys, and those usually have serious issues with no OS loaded, etc. I just gotta believe it will work.
As of right now, still no emails... I will retry JL_cmder with the battery in this time. I tried several times with it out and no luck.. Sucks I actually have to use my laptop to answer emails
Old 10-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #14
Helmdawg

Question

Quote:
JS:

I was able to wipe my BB with the battery in and it gave me the 507 message. Right now I am loading the OS which didn't seem to have my 3rd party apps. etc.... Do I load my back-up once the OS has installed?

Please bear with me as this is the first time I had to fix my BB this way. Thanks
Old 10-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Well, you are in a good direction then.

Yes you will have to reload your third party apps, again, fresh (which is not always a bad thing with a new OS--I did this twice and my BB seemed so much snappier and quicker), and probably a goodly higher amount of file free.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #16
Helmdawg

Quote:
Well, you are in a good direction then.

Yes you will have to reload your third party apps, again, fresh (which is not always a bad thing with a new OS--I did this twice and my BB seemed so much snappier and quicker), and probably a goodly higher amount of file free.
Still NO email... I am about to throw this thing against the wall. I resent service books twice since doing a wipe and fresh install....

Further, I just realized that I didn't get docs to go because I deleted the ALX when optimizing prior to this fiasco. Does that mean I will have to re-install the OS on my PC and re-register to get sheets to go?
Old 10-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #17
SMF
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

This might be obvious but have you connected via desktop manager and reset your encryption key? I've very infrequently had to go into desktop manager under the advanced email item and manually regenerate the encryption key. I've done this with outlook open and connected to my exchange server. I would try it.

SMF
Old 10-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #18
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

I don't think this user is on a BES that would require an encryption key.

@ Helmdawg... wow! NOT receiving the service books has got to a carrier issue then. That has been the hangup each time, hasn't? When you go to Options > Adv > Service Books... it is completely empty?

You never get the Registration message in your message folder AFTER the service books are resent or a HRT registration?

How old is this device? If it is still in warranty, I am about to suggest a return if you can... but if it is a SB sending problem, I don't know it would help that.

One more Q: Go to your BIS account and SURE your PIN is still registered with your BIS account.

Last edited by JSanders; 10-14-2008 at 04:42 PM..
Old 10-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #19
Helmdawg

Quote:
I don't think this user is on a BES that would require an encryption key.

@ Helmdawg... wow! NOT receiving the service books has got to a carrier issue then. That has been the hangup each time, hasn't? When you go to Options > Adv > Service Books... it is completely empty?

You never get the Registration message in your message folder AFTER the service books are resent or a HRT registration?

How old is this device? If it is still in warranty, I am about to suggest a return if you can... but if it is a SB sending problem, I don't know it would help that.

One more Q: Go to your BIS account and SURE your PIN is still registered with your BIS account.
This is a BIS account and the correct pin is entered. This is my second device. The one I purchased new had to be replaced within 6 month due to a short in the phone causing it to shut off.

I am/have been on the phone with RIM for 90 minutes and counting. They are going to "re-set" my data.. I am actually waiting for them to let me know they are done. They did say this has happened latley, mostly from the OLD facebook application but that is not the case for me since I don't have it installed. Will touch back to let you know.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #20
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Please do.

TMo has pushed the facebook install shortcut to their devices, but if you haven't isntalled it, it should not affect you.

I know you'll update us.

Are you ever getting the registration message--and no SBs at all install in your SB screen? Pardon me if you have answered this, I don't see it.
Closed Thread