BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
Cocooningweb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Cellular South
Default Rove's Mobile File Manager to donnect to a Winwdows Domain?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi:

I'm on a BES, behind the firewall. I'm pretty sure of this since when connecting to our jabber I'm only using an internal IP.

I downloaded Mobile File Manager this week and was able to connect to an FTP outside of our corporate network, pretty cool. Yesterday I tried mapping network drives on our domain but I can't seem to figure it out.

It reaches the drives, but I won't authenticate my account. As my user name I tried domain\username, domain/username, I also tried to put the domain in the "Windows Browser Host" field in the "Windows Networking Setting" and using my username in the "Windows User Name". I also tried leaving the "Windows Browser Host" blank and using only my username, but my connection is always declined.

Do I have to configure anything on the server side? Has anyone succeeded doing this?

Thank you.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
WhiteRonin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers

Cocooningweb, I see a couple issues based on your description:

The Windows Browser Host should not be the Domain, but instead is the computer in your network from which Mobile File Manager fetches a list of available domains and computers. Do not use a Domain Controller host name. Instead, use another host such as your BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Exchange server or a file server.

You should not need to use domain\username for the username as the domain that the computer is on will be automatically used.
Closed Thread