Old 03-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
neutrax
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default R.I.Pieces......funeral for my phone

Please Login to Remove!

YEP.....it happened one of those AMAZING things we all dread my girlfriend was mad cause the dog pissed on the clean clothes that were in our room well my wonderful (and i mean it i really do love her) grabbed the pants i had just taken off minutes earlyer. we sat down to watch a movie and figured we'd goto bed since it was getting late. went for my phone and said.....HMMM... i thought i took my pants off right here....the rest wasnt as funny.... anybody know if the electronics are for sure toast or if its salvage-able id need a new screen frickin hyper drive spin cycle did a number on that one!...

BTW ive got a BB 9530 for sale....um....new upholstry....lol (car commercial joke)
Old 03-27-2009, 01:54 AM   #2
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrax View Post
YEP.....it happened one of those AMAZING things we all dread my girlfriend was mad cause the dog pissed on the clean clothes that were in our room well my wonderful (and i mean it i really do love her) grabbed the pants i had just taken off minutes earlyer. we sat down to watch a movie and figured we'd goto bed since it was getting late. went for my phone and said.....HMMM... i thought i took my pants off right here....the rest wasnt as funny.... anybody know if the electronics are for sure toast or if its salvage-able id need a new screen frickin hyper drive spin cycle did a number on that one!...

BTW ive got a BB 9530 for sale....um....new upholstry....lol (car commercial joke)

Does it turn on...what happens if u turn it on...and if u need a new lcd screen than try
Cellular Accessories - Microsoft, HTC, Alcatel, Apple, Acer, LG, Panasonic, Nokia, BenQ-Siemens, Access

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!

Last edited by xxDruMMer BoYxx; 03-27-2009 at 01:56 AM..
Old 03-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (overwhelmingly stressed)

Let it dry atleast 5 days before trying to apply any power!!!!

Most damage is doine when power is applied while moisture is still present within the device
Old 03-27-2009, 07:45 AM   #4
markhutchison
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Wirelessly posted (8130, Bell Mobility)

Remove the battery and dry it out as best you can. I've been told that dry rice can serve as a dessicant and absorb the moisture as it evaporates.

If you can get the moisture out and none of the circuits are either shorted or corroded you may be ok.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
cscotty
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

...Wait, so she washed your pants without checking your pockets? I love to check pockets before doing the wash. I find so much money
Old 03-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
fish2find
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: the tail on the Donkey!
Carrier: Verizon

Ive seen that rice tip on many similar threads, leaving it the dry rice a few days will help dry up any moisture.

Also had to chuckle on the pockets, Honestly my son KILLED a dryer with a pack of gum he left in the pocket. No joke. Seriously killed it, ALWAYS check the pockets!!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
j8830

Model: 8830
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish2find View Post
Also had to chuckle on the pockets, Honestly my son KILLED a dryer with a pack of gum he left in the pocket. No joke. Seriously killed it, ALWAYS check the pockets!!
My 13 year old daughter did a number on my dryer as well when a pair of her pants with a full bottle of nail polish went through it...and broke. Thats what I get for letting her do her own laundry.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #8
neutrax

I figure ill prolly claim it on insurance since thats 50 bucks for a TOTALLY NEW storm (supposably asurion doesnt have rights to refurb storms yet) its like 99 for a new screen and thats to say that the Battery is still good the internals are fine and ill have to wait like a week before ill know......thanks for the advice and thanks for the tip on the site they do have some cool stuff probably going to get me some new toys off there.....
Old 03-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #9
neutrax

BY THE WAY invisiblesheild screen protector did its job screen is broke BUT not scratched ANYWHERE and all the peices are still in place. WELL WORTH THE 20 i spent on it.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #10
fish2find
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: the tail on the Donkey!
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
BY THE WAY invisiblesheild screen protector did its job screen is broke BUT not scratched ANYWHERE and all the peices are still in place. WELL WORTH THE 20 i spent on it.
Woot, now there is a silver lining!! LOL