Old 10-23-2008, 07:17 AM   #1
Axel2k5

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Unhappy Newbe Needs Help Sync-ing BB Mail to Outlook Inbox

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys/Girls...

I need help before I get to the point where I have no hair left to pull out!!

I'm new to the BB world being a long time Windows Mobile user. My company has just purchased a BB for me to evaluate. Our IT contractor has set up a mobile email account with our service provider (Vodafone UK) and configured our company server to 'push' incoming mails to the BB.

We do not have BES but I received a mail in my BB inbox informing me that, "My BlackBerry Internet Service Account is now Active". I don't know the significance of this if any. We use MS Server & Exchange Software with MS Outlook. I have BB Desktop Manager Software version 4.6.

We are successfully sending and receiving emails on the BB and Outlook. However, after being on the road (and receiving, replying, deleting, moving emails etc) and returning to the office... we then face the task of reconciling all the emails.

At this point we are syncing calendar, address book, contacts and memo's fine... i.e. calendar changes made on desktop show up on laptop and vice versa, as well as changes in address book.

However, emails are not syncing, or reconciling... which leaves us with a very time consuming process to clean up.

Question(s):
1) Should we be able to sync and reconcile emails in this scenario with the software listed above?
2) Do we need additional software - and if so, what?
3) I have heard and seen some postings about "redirector" software but not sure if that is the missing link here, or how it would be applied. Any clarification on that would be greatly appreciated.

Another problem which I imagine is connected is that I am receiving messages in my outlook mailbox from [email address]. these messages contain some kind of data and the text says, "do not remove or delete!" I had over 40 of these messages in a 12 hour period! I called Vodafone and they recommended that I re-install the BB Desktop software but chose the option for internet email instead of company email during the install process. I did this but now the 'reconcile messages' option is grayed out and not selectable and I'm still getting these 'data' messages!

Can anyone help.... please???
Old 10-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
markhutchison
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Wirelessly posted (8130, Bell Mobility)

The absolute best option fo you would be to install BlackBerry Professional Software on your MS Exchange box. You can download the software from RIM for free with one licence.

To stop the emails you are receiving you may need to manually remove the relevant Service Books. On the BlackBerry go to Options, Advanced Options, Service Books and delete any service books that reference "Desktop" or "Redirector".
Old 10-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #3
Axel2k5

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Question

thanks for the reply markhutchison...

this BB Professional software you refer to, is it the BES or another software application?

I will try your suggestion regarding the service books when i find some screen capture software so i have a copy of the settings prior to trashing them. As a matter of interest what are these 'service books' if it's not too difficult to explain?
Closed Thread