BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 06:01 PM   #121
boedarnez
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Has anyone found a Store in Orange County, CA that will sell one without contract? The two stores I found with it in stock aren't budging until they get more in. Pissin' me off!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:01 PM   #122
damianp67

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1790 View Post
CT has'em all over the place.... I'd be happy to give you guys the number...
I called Stamford and Greenwich and they were clueless and didnt have them.
I ended up ordering it via phone, priority.I('m in Westchester County, NY)
Old 05-31-2007, 07:51 PM   #123
bsdmixmasters

Model: 8700c

Just got mine thanks to Socal Cingular. Thanks a lot, will be getting all my phones from you from now on
Old 05-31-2007, 08:33 PM   #124
djeddiebear
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile & Verizon

I called every store in Orange County and they all said they weren't going to sell it without a contract. The new one in Irvine (Woodbury) sold me one though.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:45 PM   #125
boedarnez

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdmixmasters View Post
Just got mine thanks to Socal Cingular. Thanks a lot, will be getting all my phones from you from now on
Where?!?! I so ready to go. Address? City?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:47 PM   #126
boedarnez

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeddiebear View Post
I called every store in Orange County and they all said they weren't going to sell it without a contract. The new one in Irvine (Woodbury) sold me one though.
What's the address/phone# of that store? Why were they willing to sell without contract? I've had no luck with OC stores today.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:01 PM   #127
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by boedarnez View Post
What's the address/phone# of that store? Why were they willing to sell without contract? I've had no luck with OC stores today.
It's up to the individual store manager to make that decision, and then pass it on to his/her employees.

Most of the stores will not sell a device alone when it's a hot item, as they make very little that way. They want your airtime and data business, this is where they make the money.

After the demand cools down and they have plenty in stock then most of the stores will sell to you, no problem.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:03 PM   #128
quillhill
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessandy View Post
If I recall, Kris' hubby is quite happy with plain 'ol tech. Nothing wrong with that!

I can't wait to see a Curve in person... but all the corporate stores in San Francisco have this draconian policy of "you touch, you buy" when it comes to devices in-box. So unless it's a floor sample, no luck for a Nit Picker like me if I just want to "kick the tires"!
Yep, WA is right, hubby has a blue unlocked/unbranded RAZR and has told me that when it dies I will have to get him another one just like it.

He has this strange desire to pay the mortgage rather than let me get a new BlackBerry. Weird.

I've got $155 from a phone I offloaded, but, that leaves another $200 at least since I can't sell my 7130c until I get a new Berry. So, looks like I have to wait another week at least unless someone can find me one, BNIB for around $155. LOL

Sigh. I will go play with one tomorrow somewhere since my morning is free. If only I hadn't needed to replace the front brake pads and rotors on my Mustang just on Tuesday, I'd put this on my credit card.

Oh, well. Hope y'all enjoy the Curve. I'll be joining the club soon. Hubby says when he gets his bonus which may be as long as two more weeks. O! The horror! ;)

I practically threw myself on the floor kicking and screaming "I want my Curve now!" when he told me that.

Why did this phone have to come out while I'm on vacation? If I were working I wouldn't have time for this.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:21 PM   #129
hrmaddie

Model: none

Went to a local store in Denton, TX after I called and confirmed they had some in stock. I walked in and told the lady I would like to purchase a Curve. She said sure, no problem, we have one left. As she was walking back some $#%@ stopped her and said it was sold and he was just waiting for the guy to pick it up. I heard this and inquired why they were holding one when I called yesterday and today and was told they were not allowed to hold them. Mysteriously they both fled to the back room, a few minutes later she comes back saying they are sold out. Dork didn't the guts to come and tell me the truth. I don't like being lied to, so I called corporate and filed a complaint. Nothing will probably ever come of this, but maybe just maybe the dork gets reprimanded.

I had one in hand this morning only to have it taken back from me, because it wasn't in the computer system at nine something. This is getting frustrating. Called a bunch of other stores, either were not getting them until late next week or were sold out.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:29 PM   #130
ChgoMike

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Default Chicago

I got mine this afternoon in Evanston. I think many in the Chicago loop will have it tomorrow.

Great device!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:13 PM   #131
douxuluvme

Model: 8100

In San Jose, CA - one store said they didn't get them and one store said they had them in the back but weren't releasing them yet. I asked why they were not releasing them and he said they just weren't. I think it's cuz I had my pearl in my hand and he figured I wouldn't be upgrading, just buying. Man, I got SO frustrated today.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:29 PM   #132
archer6

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lskolnik
looks like yet another beautifull rollout by the ever clueless At&tingular! The writing was certainly on the wall for this over the last few days.
Hmmm had no problem getting mine this morning. Every launch that Cingular has done this year has been exemplary at my local store. Not only did I get my Curve today, launch day, about a month ago I got my 3G RAZR V3xx on launch day, prior to that a couple months earlier I got my Samsung Sync on launch day, I also got my 8100 Pearl on launch day. I could not be happier. Whatever I want, they have done for me.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:36 PM   #133
archer6

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccess
It is really just another phone to them. You can't really expect them to be as excited as Blackberry forum members are for the latest, greatest.

If they had the ability and desire to obtain and retain all the latest information about each device that they offered, with few exceptions, they probably wouldn't be working in cellular sales.
Very good point. Another consideration is the huge turnover of devices rapidly replaced by more new models.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:41 PM   #134
archer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lskolnik
Store #4 in Detroit: "huh? you mean the Pearl?"
Me: No the Curve, BB 8300, just released today
Store: "huh...haven't heard nothin yet"

And this too was a corporate store

I give up
Even though most of is find the Corp.stores lacking in terms of training & knowledge, it's rather like dealing with the government due to current transition & rebranding to the new AT&T. I'm not making excuses for them, just an observation & some known facts I'm aware of.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:58 PM   #135
sgm-co
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour
Carrier: verizon
Default Denver and Parker Colorado

Denver store says
"should have in stock early next week"
Parker (20min south of Denver) says
"Oh should have them in a few months"

We are the geeks that know more then they do!
Old 06-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #136
MiaImolaZHP

Default Fort Lauderdale Score!

Got mine this evening at the Fort Lauderdale Corporate Cingular/AT&T Store at 1015 N. Federal Hwy - they had two but then they had one when I left

The sales associate was very knowledgeable and knew about the Curve. He held it for me while I tore my way through rush-hour traffic to get to his store.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:21 AM   #137
lgreenberg

PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50

Well I ended up having to work a little magic to get mine.

Story -

Called my local store yesterday morning and the salesperson told me they had the Curve in stock. I said I'd be right down to pick one up.

I show up at the store and the manager tells me the salesperson was mistaken. They hadn't received their shipment of Curves yet but were expecting them some time that day. I made a little stink since I had driven all the way down to the store because the rep. told me they had them. The manager agreed to hold one for me when they arrived and to call me when they got there.

An hour or so later she called me to tell me they had arrived and that she would hold one for me. I told her my wife would stop by on her way home to pick it up for me.

Wife goes to the store and a new rep. who's helping her tells her she can't sell her the phone because they don't know the full retail price yet. Wife calls me. B.S. I say. I get her to get the manager and eventually, after about 30 minutes they figure out how to "ring" it up.

Long story short, I've got my Curve and I like it.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:33 AM   #138
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
Well I ended up having to work a little magic to get mine.

Story -

Called my local store yesterday morning and the salesperson told me they had the Curve in stock. I said I'd be right down to pick one up.

I show up at the store and the manager tells me the salesperson was mistaken. They hadn't received their shipment of Curves yet but were expecting them some time that day. I made a little stink since I had driven all the way down to the store because the rep. told me they had them. The manager agreed to hold one for me when they arrived and to call me when they got there.

An hour or so later she called me to tell me they had arrived and that she would hold one for me. I told her my wife would stop by on her way home to pick it up for me.

Wife goes to the store and a new rep. who's helping her tells her she can't sell her the phone because they don't know the full retail price yet. Wife calls me. B.S. I say. I get her to get the manager and eventually, after about 30 minutes they figure out how to "ring" it up.

Long story short, I've got my Curve and I like it.

Blah blah blah-all we want to know is what case the green lantern has chosen for this new bb

Mine is coming via UPS scheduled for delivery today- tracking # confirms it
Old 06-01-2007, 07:35 AM   #139
lgreenberg

PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly View Post
Blah blah blah-all we want to know is what case the green lantern has chosen for this new bb

Mine is coming via UPS scheduled for delivery today- tracking # confirms it
LOL.

Well I ordered all the cases RIM had available (pouch with clip, slip case and skin.)

I'll let you know my thoughts when they arrive.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:41 AM   #140
jwolf7722
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

No luck here in Ohio. Called 2 local stores they knew nothing.
Closed Thread