Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: I made the switch- Torch to Captivate: REAL Pros and Cons

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanezam203 View Post
Is there a way to enable swipe on the Torch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by andriver View Post
I did the reverse. I went from Bold to Captivate to Torch. The young man at AT&T convinced me to buy the Captivate. He showed all the cool features, swiping, etc. I was sold. When I started using it the newness wore off. I did not like the virtual keyboard. The biggest drawback for me was not being able to sync my contacts and calendar from Outlook. Yes there are apps you can buy that will take care of this but honestly it should have been part of the package to begin with.

The Captivate is a cool phone but it is geared more to entertainment than business.
Yeah I can agree with that statement 100%. If a business individual wanted entertainment I wouldn't think he'd turn to a cell phone

I used a BB for years as I stated above and I never once synced my phone with anything on a computer. I think its fair to say that if I'm not syncing my calendar and contacts day by day, it probably wasn't being used to its full advantage. With that being said, no wonder I haven't seen all the flaws or issues that most people go through when they switch between the two devices. Again, my lifestyle versus other BB users, obviously doesn't demand the features that only a BB can provide.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #22
bbluvva

Model: 9800
Carrier: Vodafone

I've read through your thread and couldn't help but think that while it's good you made a profit selling those BBs, you might start to feel a bit of regret pretty soon, as the honeymoon ends with your Captivate-ing device.

Just like you, last year, I jumped on the Android bandwagon by buying an HTC Desire. I was bored with BlackBerry, as many BB users are but don't like to admit lest they offend the BlackBerry gods. I'd bought the iPhone 3GS on at least two different occasions, because I wanted more than just a messaging device with a crap browser, but each time they ended up on eBay in a matter of two weeks because the 3GS just wasn't cutting it for me in so many ways I don't have the patience to list now. The only real attractions I'd had to the 3GS were the screen size when browsing pages and the multitude of apps, some of which I actually "needed", primarily the eBay app (before there was an official one for the Berry). Still, my trustworthy and long-battery-lasting BB 9700 would always end back up in my arms. That was until the then-Desire-able HTC came out.

I'd gotten the phone and initially felt it and Android were the answers to my smartphone prayers. FINALLY, I had a viable alternative to the BB that had an excellent browser supporting Flash, had a large screen, handled email fairly decent (though still not to BB standards) and that had a host of apps very similar to the iPhone versions (or at least very viable alternatives). I declared to everyone that I finally was able to leave BB and even almost got some of my long-time BB friends who sought my counsel when buying phones (back then) to switch to the Desire... some were planning to switch when their contracts expired.

Alas, just like most relationships based on pure lust, the romance ended bitterly weeks later. Just like our friend here, I had convinced myself why it was better than BB (and in some ways it was). But, after the quirks started to get to me, I got pissed and tossed her to the wolves on eBay.

A MAJOR point of contention is how Google Sync messes up (oops, I mean, handles) synching contacts. Using Google to manage complex contact information is like buying a box of plain old cornflakes and expecting Fruit Loops. Or, to make it more relative, it's like typing a business proposal in Notepad instead of using Word & Excel. To put it simply, if you use the various fields in the BlackBerry Address Book or even the Android Contacts module, don't even think about using Google Sync unless you want to spend day after day editing your contact information.

The next big issue was the battery life. Did I say it was AWFUL? I'm putting it mildly. I sometimes had to charge my phone twice a day because I have a variety of email accounts, which were no problem for my trusty BlackBerry 9700, which still lasted sometimes 3 days of constant use. From the time I added all my email accounts and a few apps to the device, in a matter of hours, the phone would black out like a diabetic that didn't eat on time. This was a no-no as I needed to spend my time working and not nursing a phone back to consciousness, or tinkering with a task manager to kill background apps that seemed to come back to life after killing them religiously after use.

Needless to say, after these experiences, switching back to my 9700, selling it and getting an iPhone 4 that survived 4 months before being sold again and then using an old Pearl 8120 I had as a backup for a month, while I waited to see if OS 6 would be all it promised and, finally, testdriving a 9780, I'm now back to [happily and unhappily] using a Torch for the past 3 months. I'm happy because I don't get any problems with the device itself and it has all the benefits of a BlackBerry with SOME decent improvement over OS 5. However, I'm unhappy because it's app support is still fair only in availability, mediocre in functionality and below par in terms of efficiency of the App World model. Plus, BlackBerry is still, sadly, boring unless you have a lot of time to chat.

The advise I'd give to anyone looking to "move on" from BB is to not be carried away by the "lust of the eyes" because many of these new devices have very appropriate names but don't foster a long-term relationship with the typical BlackBerry user who expects the level of integration of messaging and contact management that, so far, I haven't seen a platform been able to beat BB on. Always keep a backup BlackBerry for when you want to get certain things done until either RIM decides to get with the program and release something cutting edge like they used to in the old days, or until its competitors actually come out with something to make us end the relationship with our BBs for good.

Last edited by bbluvva; 02-10-2011 at 04:31 PM..
Old 02-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #23
duane534
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: Ask Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbluvva View Post
"A MAJOR point of contention is how Google Sync messes up (oops, I mean, handles) synching contacts. Using Google to manage complex contact information is like buying a box of plain old cornflakes and expecting Fruit Loops..."

"However, I'm unhappy because it's app support is still fair only in availability, mediocre in functionality and below par in terms of efficiency of the App World model."
I can DEFINITELY agree on the Google Sync comment.

The App World downfall is really because there are still devices running 4.3 out there...

I can't say it enough times. If you have a Torch, install 6.0.0.450. It is a DREAM compared to earlier builds.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #24
bbluvva

Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by duane534 View Post
I can't say it enough times. If you have a Torch, install 6.0.0.450. It is a DREAM compared to earlier builds.
Sounds like I'm gonna have to give that .450 a try. Is that a leaked beta?
Old 02-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #25
tbird57
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: OU812
Carrier: AT$T/Choked

Quote:
Sounds like I'm gonna have to give that .450 a try. Is that a leaked beta?
yes .450 is beta. .448 is official

Old 02-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #26
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I've read through your thread and couldn't help but think that while it's good you made a profit selling those BBs, you might start to feel a bit of regret pretty soon, as the honeymoon ends with your Captivate-ing device.

Just like you, last year, I jumped on the Android bandwagon by buying an HTC Desire. I was bored with BlackBerry, as many BB users are but don't like to admit lest they offend the BlackBerry gods. I'd bought the iPhone 3GS on at least two different occasions, because I wanted more than just a messaging device with a crap browser, but each time they ended up on eBay in a matter of two weeks because the 3GS just wasn't cutting it for me in so many ways I don't have the patience to list now. The only real attractions I'd had to the 3GS were the screen size when browsing pages and the multitude of apps, some of which I actually "needed", primarily the eBay app (before there was an official one for the Berry). Still, my trustworthy and long-battery-lasting BB 9700 would always end back up in my arms. That was until the then-Desire-able HTC came out.

I'd gotten the phone and initially felt it and Android were the answers to my smartphone prayers. FINALLY, I had a viable alternative to the BB that had an excellent browser supporting Flash, had a large screen, handled email fairly decent (though still not to BB standards) and that had a host of apps very similar to the iPhone versions (or at least very viable alternatives). I declared to everyone that I finally was able to leave BB and even almost got some of my long-time BB friends who sought my counsel when buying phones (back then) to switch to the Desire... some were planning to switch when their contracts expired.

Alas, just like most relationships based on pure lust, the romance ended bitterly weeks later. Just like our friend here, I had convinced myself why it was better than BB (and in some ways it was). But, after the quirks started to get to me, I got pissed and tossed her to the wolves on eBay.

A MAJOR point of contention is how Google Sync messes up (oops, I mean, handles) synching contacts. Using Google to manage complex contact information is like buying a box of plain old cornflakes and expecting Fruit Loops. Or, to make it more relative, it's like typing a business proposal in Notepad instead of using Word & Excel. To put it simply, if you use the various fields in the BlackBerry Address Book or even the Android Contacts module, don't even think about using Google Sync unless you want to spend day after day editing your contact information.

The next big issue was the battery life. Did I say it was AWFUL? I'm putting it mildly. I sometimes had to charge my phone twice a day because I have a variety of email accounts, which were no problem for my trusty BlackBerry 9700, which still lasted sometimes 3 days of constant use. From the time I added all my email accounts and a few apps to the device, in a matter of hours, the phone would black out like a diabetic that didn't eat on time. This was a no-no as I needed to spend my time working and not nursing a phone back to consciousness, or tinkering with a task manager to kill background apps that seemed to come back to life after killing them religiously after use.

Needless to say, after these experiences, switching back to my 9700, selling it and getting an iPhone 4 that survived 4 months before being sold again and then using an old Pearl 8120 I had as a backup for a month, while I waited to see if OS 6 would be all it promised and, finally, testdriving a 9780, I'm now back to [happily and unhappily] using a Torch for the past 3 months. I'm happy because I don't get any problems with the device itself and it has all the benefits of a BlackBerry with SOME decent improvement over OS 5. However, I'm unhappy because it's app support is still fair only in availability, mediocre in functionality and below par in terms of efficiency of the App World model. Plus, BlackBerry is still, sadly, boring unless you have a lot of time to chat.

The advise I'd give to anyone looking to "move on" from BB is to not be carried away by the "lust of the eyes" because many of these new devices have very appropriate names but don't foster a long-term relationship with the typical BlackBerry user who expects the level of integration of messaging and contact management that, so far, I haven't seen a platform been able to beat BB on. Always keep a backup BlackBerry for when you want to get certain things done until either RIM decides to get with the program and release something cutting edge like they used to in the old days, or until its competitors actually come out with something to make us end the relationship with our BBs for good.
Nice write up! I would have to agree with it 100% minus the fact that I wont be going back to a BB anytime soon.

I think its safe to say that a BB is the most advanced technology when it comes to mobile messaging (sms, mms, email, etc). With that being said, I too wanted something more. At least something that could browse web pages that I too needed to have access too. Even the iPhone can get the job done in that department and thats sad imo.

I've never in my history of mobile devices have ever relied on syncing contacts or calendar events so I can't compare the two, however, if I would have to guess on which device does it better my vote would go towards BB. With this not being a required feature for me, its not on my expectations list when I'm comparing devices.

The battery is definitely an issue BUT since smart phones, I have yet to have a phone that doesn't require a charge every single night. I even had an extended battery on my BB 9000 and even that would get me 1-1/2 days of use which still resulted in a charge somewhere throughout the second day. And to complain about battery life on something that does just about everything a netbook or laptop can do is stupid. Thats like the guy with the high horsepower car complaining about not having the gas mileage of a hybrid, lol (bad comparison- ok fine, a 4 cylinder gas car) The fear of needing to charge your phone is ridiculous. You can charge your phone just about anywhere these days. Learn your routine and know when you need to plug your phone in throughout the day, pretty simple or no? I still can get through an entire day (630am-11:30pm) on one charge AND of those 18 hours, 2 of them I'm using the device as a MP3 player at the gym. If it came down to it, I'd carry an extra battery with me- thats not a big deal when the device can do what it does.

OS5 was a HUGE improvement and almost kept me away from the Android phone (bought the Torch back in August instead of the Captivate with hope) but it still didn't do all the bells and whistles the Android does now and still to this second doesn't.

From my perspective and cell phone use, if messaging and placing phone calls was all I needed my phone to do then I would have stuck with the BB, however its not. The Android, from the three weeks we've been together, needs some improvements in the messaging department however the list of improvements the BB needs in every other department outweighs the flaws of the Android.

Cheers
Old 02-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #27
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDMJeRk View Post
Nice write up! I would have to agree with it 100% minus the fact that I wont be going back to a BB anytime soon.

I think its safe to say that a BB is the most advanced technology when it comes to mobile messaging (sms, mms, email, etc). With that being said, I too wanted something more. At least something that could browse web pages that I too needed to have access too. Even the iPhone can get the job done in that department and thats sad imo.

I've never in my history of mobile devices have ever relied on syncing contacts or calendar events so I can't compare the two, however, if I would have to guess on which device does it better my vote would go towards BB. With this not being a required feature for me, its not on my expectations list when I'm comparing devices.

The battery is definitely an issue BUT since smart phones, I have yet to have a phone that doesn't require a charge every single night. I even had an extended battery on my BB 9000 and even that would get me 1-1/2 days of use which still resulted in a charge somewhere throughout the second day. And to complain about battery life on something that does just about everything a netbook or laptop can do is stupid. Thats like the guy with the high horsepower car complaining about not having the gas mileage of a hybrid, lol (bad comparison- ok fine, a 4 cylinder gas car) The fear of needing to charge your phone is ridiculous. You can charge your phone just about anywhere these days. Learn your routine and know when you need to plug your phone in throughout the day, pretty simple or no? I still can get through an entire day (630am-11:30pm) on one charge AND of those 18 hours, 2 of them I'm using the device as a MP3 player at the gym. If it came down to it, I'd carry an extra battery with me- thats not a big deal when the device can do what it does.

OS5 was a HUGE improvement and almost kept me away from the Android phone (bought the Torch back in August instead of the Captivate with hope) but it still didn't do all the bells and whistles the Android does now and still to this second doesn't.

From my perspective and cell phone use, if messaging and placing phone calls was all I needed my phone to do then I would have stuck with the BB, however its not. The Android, from the three weeks we've been together, needs some improvements in the messaging department however the list of improvements the BB needs in every other department outweighs the flaws of the Android.

Cheers
First, did you mean OS5 was a huge improvement, or OS6? I don't think the Torch ever came with OS5?

I can't disagree with you at all. The BlackBerry doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" that the Captivate does. But the BlackBerry continues to be the best at 1)phone, 2)email and 3) messaging; and those three things are the top three factors for me. OS6 has greatly improved the other ancillary functions of the BlackBerry, but its still behind Android and iPhone in those ancillary areas. But to take your last paragraph:
Quote:
Here's my version:
Quote:
From my perspective and cell phone use, if messaging and placing phone calls was lower on the list of what I needed my phone to do then I would have moved to iPhone or Android, however its not. The BlackBerry needs some improvements in the ancillary, non-business functions however the list of improvements Android (and iPhone) need in phone, email and messaging outweighs the flaws of the BlackBerry.
That doesn't make either of us right or wrong, but highlights the demographic difference between those who are looking for primarily a business communications device, vs. those who are looking primarily for an entertainment device.

I commend you, by the way, for not making the argument I see made so often from first the iPhone and now the Android camps - that their app stores have so many more apps then BlackBerry does. Of course, that's absolutely true - and the kind of apps speaks volumes about the user demographics!

Quote:
Apple’s App Store is currently experiencing a plague of fart applications. Last week, I detailed one day in which at least 14 new fart apps were accepted into the store. And now, just in a quick search, it looks like there are about 50 apps all dedicated to making fart noises on your iPhone or iPod touch. Classy, I know, but why are there so many?

Because apparently there’s big money in fart apps — nearly $10,000 a day for the most popular ones.

Developer InfoMedia (Joel Comm), which makes iFart Mobile [iTunes link], has been releasing download statistics for the app each day since it launched. The $0.99 app has been in the top 100 paid apps every day since its launch, and has seen great growth. In fact, yesterday it hit the number one overall position with over 13,000 downloads. MacRumors ran the numbers, factoring out the 30 percent cut Apple takes from each sale, and determined that, yesterday alone, iFart Mobile made its developers $9,198.
That was over 2 years ago that there were over 50 to choose from - who knows just how many are there today!

iPhone fart app pulls in nearly $10,000 a day
Old 02-18-2011, 02:57 AM   #28
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yes I meant OS6- sorry.

it sounds like were both on the same page and honestly I think most people that have been in the same shoes would agree.

Bottom line- I personally was looking for more entertainment when I had nothing to do haha

Cheers
Old 02-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #29
tbird57
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Yes I meant OS6- sorry.

it sounds like were both on the same page and honestly I think most people that have been in the same shoes would agree.

Bottom line- I personally was looking for more entertainment when I had nothing to do haha

Cheers
Dont slide off into the sunset,I enjoyed this thread

Old 02-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #30
zlayrex

Carrier: O2 UK

Hi OP thanks for the post I enjoyed reading it!

I do totally agree with you on most points (except the camera, it seems pretty ok to me, about the same as most 5mp cameras i've seen). I've dabbled in Android myself, and yes in terms of an entertainment phone os, it's superior. But something just makes me want to use my blackberry more than an android or iphone. I can't explain it.

This seems to be the case for thousands of others too, it must be. There's just something about blackberry.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #31
perpetualjon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Great conversation! I recently went through a similar decision process as I've been gearing up for my annual upgrade. Coming from a Bold2, I was seriously considering finally going to any number of the large-screen Android phones but in the end it came down to the fact that I use my phone as a major communicator for my life and business. I can't give up my physical keyboard (fat fingers aren't much good on a touch screen), I do a LOT of cut and paste and can't imagine giving up my trackpad pointer for that work, and messaging MUST work fast. I gave up a 4.3" screen, 8MP camera and any number of amenities for those core needs. A couple of days into my purchase, I'm already sure I made the right decision.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #32
Mycopsycho

Carrier: ATT

Great thread! I appreciate all the to-ing and fro-ing on this issue since I am due for an upgrade before too long and have been looking into the new Android devices and OS upgrades coming out and wondering if I should make the change. As pointed out over and over, it's all about how you use your phone and what you expect out of it. Keep up the comments.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #33
GoHawks63
Thumbs Must Hurt

My son has the Captivate and I have to concur that the display is absolutely breathtaking, but as others have said, I still need the physical keyboard.

My family has covered each of the platforms.

I have the Torch
My wife has the iPhone 4
My oldest son has the captivate
My youngest phone has the HTC Surround on the Windows platform

My least favorite out of all of them is the Windows phone. Very underwhelmed.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:53 AM   #34
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm just going on a rant so in no random order here is an update-

I've been holding my breath (or my fingers for that matter) on this reply as I'm sure some of you will be shocked and others will be on the "I told you so bandwagon" but it appears that I'm sick of the Captivate (after switching from the Torch)

I miss a real keyboard. About 3 weeks ago I was at work and my boss had asked me to do something on her BB for her and I grabbed it and missed the way that it felt in my hands. Given her's is a Curve it still felt right in my hand(s).

For the record when I mentioned "real pros/cons" in my original post, I see why someone got upset. I didn't have real pro or cons at all come to think of it. I later realized that through this experience the average user wouldn't get back on the forum and post an update so I thought I would do so.

Like I said I ended up selling a broken Torch and a used one as a package together on eBay for $550 I believe. I got the Captivate for $190 or so. I feel like I did alright.

I think the Torch was great and the new OS6 made life a lot easier, thats for sure. I didnt like the shape of it, I didnt like the slider and that might have steered me towards a change (I had a Bold 9000). It appeared to me that the BB for me might have been the 9700, which I was able to buy today with an Otterbox case for $150 (used for a month from a close friend). I hope to get AT&T on the phone tomorrow to switch my plans around because from the reading that I've done I wont be able to swap between the phones as I wish I could. There are some days I can see where I'd like to use an Android phone and there are others when I wouldn't. I think a BB and netbook would be more suitable then a Android phone. Androids do too much with too many bugs, poor battery life and the list goes on...

I'm sure what else to say other than I'm happy to be back!. A cellphone in my eyes needs to do a few things absolutely perfectly and the Captivate didnt do that- and I'm not getting into details.

Cheers!

PS- After all the sales, I still think I ended up making money somewhere- maybe not but at least I try out the 9700 without giving up my new paper weight to make a final call :D
Old 04-10-2011, 05:10 AM   #35
tbird57
CrackBerry Addict

I was waiting for you to update....when this thread started,the BB was toast..you had a new love! .....could you articulate your experience?
Old 04-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #36
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird57 View Post
I was waiting for you to update....when this thread started,the BB was toast..you had a new love! .....could you articulate your experience?
Basically I needed a real keyboard
It wasn't convenient enough to answer or write emails anymore.
I was able to get it to sync with my email clients but it didnt do it well enough.
Trying to navigate throughout the phone was a nightmare (to me at least).
I wasn't able to use the device to take notes at church or at school as it was too hard to type and access ALL of the keys on a keyboard.
There was no really working voice dialing option that worked well.
The phone was wayyy to big (compared to the 9700; I think the 9800 is still too heavy and big imo)
Ring tones were too quite, I never felt it vibrate when it was in my pocket.
The contacts got all messed up syncing with Facebook, GMail, my simcard contacts.

I'm sure alot of my problems with the Captivate were user error and lack of information and lack of motivation to research it however just after using the 9700 for the past 4 hours, I've done things today that I wouldnt have normally done that NEEDED to be done.

Bottom line- the BB does what a phone is supposed to do (for me at least). I dont need to be entertained during my downtime which isn't often anyhow. If you need a bells and whistles phone that is unreliable and requires you to spend wayyy to much time modifying it and still doesn't work and still needs kernel updates, rom reflashes, back ups, etc then I an Android is for you.

I'm going to try out the 9700 for a month before I sell off the Captivate just to be sure but I'm pretty sold (I know Ive said this before) on BB. It is what it is

Cheers
Old 04-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #37
dulcamara
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

I am wondering about this now. My workplace will switch my email from a very poor imap server to google enterprise within a month or two. At that time I can

1) move from link2exchange to exchangemymail and get google support from a BES

2) buy an android phone from verizon (which it must be, because ATT will not sell me the $70/month unlimited international data plan anymore, but I am grandfathered in if I stick with BB)

I like the unified mailbox and the BB <--> google enterprise apps looks very nice. Right now I am leaning toward staying with BB and getting a Bold touch when it comes out. I can be convinced otherwise, however, and this thread has been very useful.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:13 PM   #38
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
I've been holding my breath (or my fingers for that matter) on this reply as I'm sure some of you will be shocked and others will be on the "I told you so bandwagon" but it appears that I'm sick of the Captivate (after switching from the Torch)

I miss a real keyboard. About 3 weeks ago I was at work and my boss had asked me to do something on her BB for her and I grabbed it and missed the way that it felt in my hands. Given her's is a Curve it still felt right in my hand(s).

For the record when I mentioned "real pros/cons" in my original post, I see why someone got upset. I didn't have real pro or cons at all come to think of it. I later realized that through this experience the average user wouldn't get back on the forum and post an update so I thought I would do so.
No "I told you so" here. Instead, a thanks for coming back and honestly relating your changed perception after a few weeks of REAL usage of the Captivate. Yep, the specifications of the Captivate are ahead of the Bold/Torch in many ways. But real-world usage has brought you back to the reason so many of us still swear by our BlackBerrys. As a phone, as a mobile email device, and as a text messenger, in the real world it really is more functional than Android/iPhone. Now as far as a consumer "entertainment device" goes, it loses. Boils down to what you need and want.

Again, thanks for coming back and admitting your change of heart! This continues to be one of the best threads I've seen here for comparisons without flames and nonsense arguments.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:15 AM   #39
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
No "I told you so" here. Instead, a thanks for coming back and honestly relating your changed perception after a few weeks of REAL usage of the Captivate. Yep, the specifications of the Captivate are ahead of the Bold/Torch in many ways. But real-world usage has brought you back to the reason so many of us still swear by our BlackBerrys. As a phone, as a mobile email device, and as a text messenger, in the real world it really is more functional than Android/iPhone. Now as far as a consumer "entertainment device" goes, it loses. Boils down to what you need and want.

Again, thanks for coming back and admitting your change of heart! This continues to be one of the best threads I've seen here for comparisons without flames and nonsense arguments.
Thats the whole reason why I came back. You always read about great changes and the latest and greatest of whatever a product might be but no one ever comes back and says why they've stopped using it or problems they ran into.

Glad I could help and happy to be back on the forums and not updating my Android with the latest ROM an/or kernel update :P
Old 04-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #40
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

about a week later and still the 9700 hasn't let me down.

I actually like it better than the 9800! Its much more smaller and compact (even with the OtterBox case!

Cheers
Closed Thread