Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
lskolnik
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Curve's Retail Arrival Today?

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, here we go. I'm wondering if the curve's release will be like the 8800s where the units trickled in to various stores around the country a day or two before the official launch date and was sold by some prematurely but not by others.

I called 2 local stores in Michigan, the first said they received their "dummy" model today but have no units in stock and probably won't for a few days as it will "likely be released online first."

The second store said there's been no release date announced yet and they would probably not be receiving them anytime soon. This is all so typical and repetitive.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
xxaarraa
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: The New Cingular

Same here, dummy model in, but no word on when the actual stock will arive.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
msarway
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

i called the store in NY wall street and they also said no cure until mid June they had no prices or dummy phone yet.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:18 AM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

But this thread says they will be available tomorrow!
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-may-31-a.html
Old 05-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
DieselRoxie

Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
But this thread says they will be available tomorrow!
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-may-31-a.html
Right, and its an official RIM press release as well on here.. I can't imagine it not coming out tomorrow when it's a RIM press release.. It's tomorrow guys.. It has to be..
Old 05-30-2007, 02:08 PM   #6
ARHYTHMATIK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none

Hmmmm.... I dunno. This says there will be some big "online" push first before it's available in the stores:

Tixx Alert: TICKETS and TOUR: Att to launch the new Blackberry Curve May 30th
Old 05-30-2007, 02:20 PM   #7
Revolver

Model: /8300
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular

It's in stores.

I just now (like 10 minutes ago) looked it over and was minutes from walking out with it today, until the ATT rep tried to quote me a price on it and said the pricing wasn't in their 'matrix' and when the barcode was scanned, it wouldn't register.

He said he believes I may be right when I told him at 0900 this morning that it was going on sale tomorrow, and that he will call me with info. Can anyone find the irony in that?

Anyway, I don't know about anywhere else, but in San Antonio, they've got them in at least one location today. I'm a new poster, but it doesn't get more evident than that that the 8300 will be on sale tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:56 PM   #8
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

It's coming tomorrow guys! Stores will probably get there shipment first thing in the morning, it's an official launch! The reps still have no clue, but they will when stock arrives tomorrow morning!
Old 05-30-2007, 02:58 PM   #9
mogrefy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Release slated for May 31st.

Payday, May 31st.

Coincidence? I think not!!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #10
lskolnik

Model: 9000

This is getting a little weird. I thought for sure that we'd hear from all around the country that certain At&t stores have received shipments already for tomorrow's release. That's how it was for the 8800. Is it possible that RIM or ATT want to avoid what happened last time with the premature sales so they made sure stores didn't receive units until launch day? Or is it possible that stores do in fact already have them but have been given strict instructions not to sell or even acknowledge their presence before launch day? That's probably giving them too mcuh credit!

In any event, seems like this is cutting it real close in terms of actually venturing into your nieghborhood ATT store tomorrow morning and being able to leave with a new 8300.

Just my 2 Cents!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #11
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
It's in stores.

I just now (like 10 minutes ago) looked it over and was minutes from walking out with it today, until the ATT rep tried to quote me a price on it and said the pricing wasn't in their 'matrix' and when the barcode was scanned, it wouldn't register.

He said he believes I may be right when I told him at 0900 this morning that it was going on sale tomorrow, and that he will call me with info. Can anyone find the irony in that?

Anyway, I don't know about anywhere else, but in San Antonio, they've got them in at least one location today. I'm a new poster, but it doesn't get more evident than that that the 8300 will be on sale tomorrow.

yup in san antonio which is the callaghan and evers store they'll have it tomorrow
Old 05-30-2007, 03:38 PM   #12
briuhn

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular

Called 4 corporate stores in the Reno, Nevada area. Their shipments had already come in for the day, and they had nothing. They also responded with the typical, "oh you mean the Pearl?" They said that they get shipments every morning, and that there is a chance it will come in tomorrow. None of the reps like we all agreed, had even heard of the phone, or had any launch info. Can we all post our findings in our respective markets to see which Cities will have the Curve in today/tomorrow for launch?

thanks for your help

Cheers
Old 05-30-2007, 04:00 PM   #13
SoCal Cingular
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular
Default cingular/ at@t stores

i work for cingular/at@t i just checked the shipments on the BB8300 by the sku which is in the computers and it is "64721" and no one in the country has any of these phones on order or they have not beens shipped YET!!!!
this means that the stores will not have them tomorrow or they have been shipped in their own boxes (like the treo 750) and it is not on an order they will just show up!
hope this helped,
Eric
Old 05-30-2007, 04:07 PM   #14
lark
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

I just got back from the local Cing/AT&T store. They had the 8300 demo phone available. No shipment this afternoon, nor were they expecting any tomorrow. I was told probably next week for in store.

As for the 8300, I am not sure I liked the keyboard. If there was an 8800 in stock, I may have bought that instead. The keyboard on the 8300 seemed to move around alot when I was pretend typing. Not just the keys, the entire keyboard jiggled. This may just be because it is a demo phone and not the real thing re: build quality.

The 8300 size was great for holding as a phone and seems like it will be very nice to carry. For me, I'm still on the fence between the 88 v. 83
Old 05-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #15
abell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: "The New" AT&T\Old Cingular (previously had T-Mobile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark View Post
I just got back from the local Cing/AT&T store. They had the 8300 demo phone available. No shipment this afternoon, nor were they expecting any tomorrow. I was told probably next week for in store.

As for the 8300, I am not sure I liked the keyboard. If there was an 8800 in stock, I may have bought that instead. The keyboard on the 8300 seemed to move around alot when I was pretend typing. Not just the keys, the entire keyboard jiggled. This may just be because it is a demo phone and not the real thing re: build quality.

The 8300 size was great for holding as a phone and seems like it will be very nice to carry. For me, I'm still on the fence between the 88 v. 83
All the old 72xx/71xx/8700 (back in the days when built tough) units had jiggley keyboards. would gladly sacrifice the keyboard firmness for that build quality to be back. I actually think you could run over the 7230 with your car and it'd be fine.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #16
futballer

Carrier: at&t

Thats not because its just a demo phone. Thats how the actual keyboard on the 8300 is, the entire keyboard goes down when you press just one key.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #17
blascrw

Model: 7520
Carrier: cingular
Default Alabama

Well,

We are a GSA contract, and we are switching from Nextel to ATT as we speak...
should have been completed today...but the yahoos at Nextel screwed up.

I had our ATT dedicated Gov't rep on the phone and he told me official release info he got this morning was tomorrow. He agreed to swap my pearl...

But he did not give me a ship date. I will call him again in the AM and ask.

Auburn, AL
Old 05-30-2007, 04:58 PM   #18
lark
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

Quote:
Originally Posted by futballer View Post
Thats not because its just a demo phone. Thats how the actual keyboard on the 8300 is, the entire keyboard goes down when you press just one key.
You are right, of course. I was just reading archer's comments on the keyboard in another thread, and he confirmed the keyboard jiggle. This does not seem like a really big problem for him, however, as he seems delighted with his 8300.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:39 PM   #19
tranman329

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Just got back from my local store and they had 10 in the back for tomorrow. I had the plastic display and I think i'll pick one up.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:59 PM   #20
ChgoMike

Carrier: at&t

Don't keep us guessing, tranman. Where are you located?
Closed Thread