Like everyone else, I am unable to successfully use the DSTQUERY tool to see if the Patch Manager on the device sucessfully implemented the DST patch itself. I am deploying the device patch via wireless to 91 users today, and we are upgrading our infrastructure tonight.
I found a way to confirm if a device has successfully implemented the patch.
Download the Blackberry Resource Kit (from Blackberry's support site), and run the HistoricalStats utility from the command prompt (be sure to use the correct syntax and point it to the date you are deploying i.e. today). The utility will create a csv file that contains tons of information including MDS TO and MDS FROM. I have confirmed with the users that successfully received the patch, that the MDS TO column should show around 62KBs.
I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but I wanted to put it out there.
he never said he can't run it, he said he can't "successfully use the DSTQUERY tool to see if the Patch Manager on the device sucessfully implemented the DST patch itself." so yes, he obviously means the latter, which is the same for me and for many others in many threads. stop picking on the guy.
nice tip re the resource kit, btw; i might give it a try later.