The following updated DST 2007 tools will be available on the website this morning. www.blackberry.com/dst2007/patch:
1. Patch Manager v2.3
This is a brief note to say that there is a new version of Patch Manager (v2.3) being posted to the website this morning. BlackBerry
. This new patch manager fixes various issues we have received via Technical Support from the currently posted Patch Manager v2.2. The final release notes will be posted with the updated Patch Manager, but the 2 main fixes are as follows:
· In DST 2007 patch manager version 2.2 and earlier, the user was prompted twice to restart the BlackBerry® device but was not forced to restart it. In DST 2007 patch manager version 2.3, the user is prompted up to four times, once per hour. The DST 2007 patch manager forces a restart after the fourth prompt.
· In DST 2007 patch manager version 2.2 and earlier, if the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Mobile Data Service transport was not available, the DST 2007 patch manager did not work correctly with the BlackBerry Internet Service Browser. This issue has been resolved.
Note: If companies have already deployed the DST patch with previous versions of the patch manager then this is not required to be used unless they require the above fixes.
2. DST2007Query.exe Tool Update
There will also be an updated DST2007Query.exe tool posted to the DST2007 website today. This new DSTQuery tool will also help various issues we have received via Technical Support from the currently posted DSTQuery.exe tool. The final release notes will be posted with the new tool, but below are some of the key highlights.
· (SDR121742) Previously, the DSTQuery tool would report users in an "Awaiting Patch" state when they in fact were already patched. The new DST2007Query.exe tool will now have an added command line switch to 'force' a synchronization of the DST information to make sure the accurate information is returned to the server to be queried. This will work regardless of what version of Patch Manager (1.5, 2.2 or 2.3) is on the device(s) in question.
· High level steps to diagnose and address this scenario are:
(1) Run the DST2007Query tool and check for devices in the 'awaiting patch' state;
(2) If there are then run the new tool with a command line switch "-invokesync" during off hours;
(3) Reboot the SYNC server;
(4) Wait to let the data sycnhronize; and
(5) Then re-run the tool again (Step #1) hours later, or ideally the next morning.
· (SDR120331) Previously, the "Patch Not Required (Optional patch available)" status was not returned for device software versions 184.108.40.2065, 220.127.116.117, 18.104.22.1688 that already have the updated DST table. See BlackBerry
(SDR122287) Support for IBM DB2 databases (not just SQL)
Now where did I put that number for Goodlink... It's around here somewhere