Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #1
knishfish

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TELUS
Default BB Desktop wants to delete thousands of Outlook Calendar Items

Please Login to Remove!

Each time I go to synch my 8830 with Outlook 2007, BB Desktop wants to delete all of my calendar entries in Outlook. I can continually import Outlook into my BB but this takes a lot of time and prevents me from entering calendar data into the BB & having it synch with Outlook. I had to replace my 8830 because the last one stopped working. When I first synched the new BB, it naturally worked. Without closing the desktop app, I synched again and it behaved the way one would expect, however, there were no new items on either side to synch. THe important point is that BB Desktop did not try to delete all of my Outlook Calendar items on that initial re-synch. A day later, I have attempted to re-synch by opening up the BB desktop and then plugging in the BB. The desktop now wants to again delete all of my Outlook Calendar items. I also have multiple calendars in Outlook (but am only trying to synch with one). Any ideas on how to fix this problem so that the BB synchs properly with Outlook?
Old 01-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6
Carrier: AT&T

Check your options in your calendar and make sure it is set to keep appointments forever.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
knishfish

Default Follow on issue

Thanks NCBuckeye. Your suggestion helped solve the big problem but now there is a another issue. I first "Input" and refresh the calendar on the BB (ie. I overwrite all data with Outlook data). When I synch again, I get the following conflicts (and lots of them). THe example below is for a recurring all day event, where it seems that Outlook stores it at 12:00 am & the BB didn't receive or store the time associated with the original record. Do you know the answer to this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg synch problem.jpg (70.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-17-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6
Carrier: AT&T

There is an option to make all your appointments on outlook "win" over the blackberry. It is on the click box on that page. It is a conflict so it comes up. Once you go through all of them it should be fine after that.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:43 AM   #5
knishfish

Thank you for your help. THere were about 70 updates that BB wanted to make to Outlook and vice versa. Almost all of these records were old so I just set the date range for updates to 999 and 999 for past & future respectively & I think I'm in business. I appreciate your sage advice.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:49 AM   #6
morterd

Model: 8120
Carrier: orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBuckeye View Post
There is an option to make all your appointments on outlook "win" over the blackberry. It is on the click box on that page. It is a conflict so it comes up. Once you go through all of them it should be fine after that.
Hi, I am having the sam eproblem.

Can you clarify what you mean by:

"There is an option to make all your appointments on outlook "win" over the blackberry. It is on the click box on that page. It is a conflict so it comes up. Once you go through all of them it should be fine after that."

Where is the click box, and on what page is it?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
djfj

Carrier: Sprint
Default Oulook Calendar Deletes

On your Blackberry, go to the calendar, then hit your menu key and choose options. Under options you'll find a choice "Keep Appointments". It will let you choose between 15, 30, 60, 90 days and Forever.
Closed Thread