Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
leftleg_

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon USA
Unhappy Desktop Manager and new install of BES

Please Login to Remove!

I have two Blackberry's on my BES for Exchange server working just fine. Contacts, emails, and internet on the devices work. I have one user who had a Blackberry for a couple of years, but he just used BIS and the Desktop Manger to forward emails to his device. I took his devices and activated it with the BES server. The problem now with this device is that he can send emails, but not receive. I took a look at his user account on the BES server under the Users tab and noticed that his Status message said Redirection disabled. I right clicked on his device and and tried to enable redirection. It seems like the server accepted the changes, but his BB still cannot receive emails. Do I need to connect his BB to his Desktop Manager software and "remove" the features that he enabled on the device before emails get redirected? I tired searching the forums here, but I'm not 100% sure what am I am searching for. I'm sorry if I posted this question in the incorrect forum, but I am new to the BES software and BB's themselves. Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

Here is the little status page of the users BB.

Creation Time: 2/24/2009 9:30:42 AM
Redirect to BlackBerry device: True
BlackBerry MDS Connection Service Enabled: True
Wireless Message Reconciliation: Enabled
Wireless Calendar: Enabled

The folders choosen for redirection are his Inbox.

Thanks,

John

Ok, I did notice this.. Under his account under the User tab it does indicate that messages are being filtered. I compared his account to my account. On my account I do not have any filters defined. On the problem account he has two filters defined.

To & BCC Default
CC Default

Could this be the issue? When I look at the properties of the filters it shows FALSE for the enabled option... I assume this means they are not enabled or the Desktop Manager software is the issue. I should add the user lost his USB sync cable. I just picked one up today. Should I remove his Desktop Manager software? Does the Desktop Manager software somehow work with Outlook to forward message? I assume this is my issue, but I want to check with you expericed BB Admins first.

Last edited by leftleg_; 02-25-2009 at 02:07 PM..
Old 02-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
leftleg_

I was wondering if my question made sense? I noticed people have viewed my post, but no one has responded. I'm not trying to sound impatient, but I'm a new BES admin and I'm wondering if I'm not using the correct terminology.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

some of us admins have a life, it may take a day or two for a response sometimes.

Sounds like a service book for BIS is still there on the device.
Have you looked at the magt logs on the BES yet?
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:14 AM   #4
leftleg_

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post
some of us admins have a life, it may take a day or two for a response sometimes.

Sounds like a service book for BIS is still there on the device.
Have you looked at the magt logs on the BES yet?

Thanks for the response. I didn't mean to come off like that. I was wondering if I wasn't describing my problem correctly. I understand everyone has a life on here. Really, I didn't mean for that last post to come off like that. I'm checking the logs on the day I added his device and will compare them with the day I added mine. I may just try resending the service books to the problem device.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
leftleg_

Smile

Ok, so I removed the Desktop Manager software because it was a very outdated version. I download the latest and greatest version and setup the problem BlackBerry so he can copy software and music and what not. I then resent the Service Books. I then looked at his user account on BES and under User Properties/Redirection/Message Forwarding/Redirect to BlackBerry device was set to False. I changed this to True and all seems to be happy. Thanks for the heads up on the Service Books.

If a user is configured for BIS and is using Desktop Manager software, is there a proper way to move the user to BES?

Old 02-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

Last time I wiped the phone, uninstalled DM and made double sure it was a BES dataplan and all worked well. That was a few years ago though.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Closed Thread