Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
tpollard81491

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Default So Frustrated!

Please Login to Remove!

My keyboard started acting up. The 'e' button started acting up then finally didn't work. Tried to unlock the phone and typed in my code which has a 2 in it. Forgetting the 'e' just stopped working I typed in the passwork in wrong and now it's asking me to type in the word 'blackberry'. Well, that has an E as well. F M L I've been locked out of my phone for about 3 days now. Tried just about everything. I realized that if I can get away from the type in blackberry nonsense I can use the symbols to type in the '2' needed in my passcode. But no matter WHAT it wont stop asking me for the word blackberry.

Sprint is absolutely USELESS. Got the Curve in February. A month later the screen goes completely white. They replace it saying something about a faulty update. When they put back the window screen part however they didnt attach it properly and days after dust appeared under the screen and a week later the piece fell off. Went back, guy told me to come back another time 'cause he didnt have the window screen part. Dont have the time to drive down to a highly congested, no parking area to wait on line for a hal;f hour etc etc etc. Running around with aphone that doesnt have the window part on = the lil sticker gettingmoist from touching it etc and turning red and marking it "water damaged". Well I never got the damn thing wet or dropped it in water and the Sprint guy is citing this as a reason why he will NOT even look at the damn phone! Are you kidding me?! I have a ton of sensitive data that i seriously need and now im STUCK. can someone PLEASE help me to the enter passcode part and skip the enter "blackberry"?!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 AM   #2
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT
Default Re: So Frustrated!

i am having the same issue on my 9780 and got approval from the RIM and TMO that they will replace the phone when I come back US. may be reinstall of device software resolve the issue.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Did the device get wet? That is a typical problem caused by moisture damage.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

As far as entering blackberry with a broken e key, I don't know any way around it, especially if pressing the e key does nothing at all. If pressing the e key does result in typing some character sometimes, and sometimes it's an e, then possibly you could repeatedly press e followed by delete until you get an e, then skip delete and enter the reset of your password. But sounds like you are saying the e key is totally dead. Bummer.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread