Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
Blackwind

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default New guy needs help please

Please Login to Remove!

I just got the berry about a week ago and i cant seem to figure 2 things out, would anyoen be able to help please.

1. cant send picture messages via txt messages.

2. i got it to keep track of information, i cant seem to be able to get txt. files on it. there are a few lists i would like to be stored on it and cant figure taht out either.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Old 08-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
olly666
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Use the search function...
Old 08-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
Blackwind

search is telling me to send of a second contact list, i dont knwo how to add contacts to it, a friend from another service(at&t) cant figure it out either.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Default Memo pad or tasks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwind View Post
I just got the berry about a week ago and i cant seem to figure 2 things out, would anyoen be able to help please.

2. i got it to keep track of information, i cant seem to be able to get txt. files on it. there are a few lists i would like to be stored on it and cant figure taht out either.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Have you tried memo pad??
You can save lists using memo pad or setup a task list...
Also, if you have a contract with At&t - Text is an extra...
Old 08-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #5
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:

Thank you,
Jeremy
PIctures need to be sent as MMS not SMS.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
Blackwind

the only options to send i have are send as.... Email, Facebook, Messenger contact, Y! Messenger the Messenger contact doesnt have any contacts on it i dont know how it put them on it is different than my addressbook
Old 08-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #7
monkeypaw

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
the only options to send i have are send as.... Email, Facebook, Messenger contact, Y! Messenger the Messenger contact doesnt have any contacts on it i dont know how it put them on it is different than my addressbook
Sounds like maybe a service book is missing or something like that. Try calling AT&T about that. Well before that try registering with the network again - Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table then pick a network and hit the BB options key and select "Register Now"

Also try from the media itself. Highlight a picture, hit the BB option key and see what options are available there for sending. Pictures have to be very small to send over mms so I'm not sure if it will try to send larger ones.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #8
mrsmacgyver

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile

Do you have an internet or email plan? This may be different for each carrier, but with some, if you don't have internet, you have to get a free blackberry addon that enables mms, the wap browser, and sometimes, instant messaging. If you don't have that, mms won't work. But like I said, it may be different for your carrier.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
Blackwind

yes i have a full data package through sprint, the at&t was a friend of mines, ive yet to see an option for MMS :( im still trying to work with monkeypaws advice, but my phone is already registered, i may just hae to take it in and ask them. Thanks so much for the help guys
Old 08-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #10
monkeypaw

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Yeah, I mean register again to kind of trigger service book downloads. Maybe try a battery pull for the hell of it. Other than that, sounds like you'll have to call customer service and see if things are set up ok.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:51 AM   #11
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

1. Sprint does NOT allow MMS messages, nor do they allow attaching media files to an SMS message (which would make it MMS). Send them as an email.

2. You can use this third party application to read and edit text files on the BB: http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...july-30-a.html

good luck.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:53 AM   #12
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly666 View Post
Use the search function...
That is NOT helpful, nor encouraged here.

Please, if you just MUST tell a brand new member to "search", offer a hint or a link as to where and what to search for.

Thanks for understanding.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #13
Blackwind

TY so much for the help. ill be dl/din the app soon. This is a great site, ill be here for quite some time
Closed Thread