Old 01-09-2013, 04:01 AM   #1
nmgmarques

Model: 7910
PIN: N/A
Carrier: OPTIMUS
Default Can't send SMS to specific contact

Please Login to Remove!

Hi.

My bosses BB is having a strange issue. As per topic title, he can't send SMS to a single specific contact. Other contacts seem to work fine, but this one contact just won't send. As soon as we hit send, it says the network is unavailable. The funny thing is that if we send it to the contact number (typing the number directly without selecting the contact from the contacts list), the message sends. We have tried deleting and recreating the contact, making sure the number is correct. No success.

Tried searching but found no issue that is quite the same as this.

Normally we would just hard reset the phone, but it's hooked to our BES in Germany and every time we ask them to set up the phone again, something else goes horribly wrong. For example, last time I requested help, they reset everything and we ended up loosing all info on the phone. Local backups don't work anymore because Desktop Manager asks for the backup password but then tells me the password we have been using is wrong, won't accept the new password either. So all my old backups are useless.

Any help appreciated. The issue is driving me nuts and I can't find a solution. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Can't send SMS to specific contact

The usual thing that controls the text messages is the plan features. Sending a text using the dial number sounds like it is bypassing some restriction placed on the BB by the BES on it's IT policy for the user. Because your having issues with the BES support, unless you can get to someone who can work with you you may be stuck. It might be easier to just have them delete the BB from the BES and then add it back and copy a working users info for setup. Almost sounds like my IT department! but mine is in the US.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
nmgmarques

Model: 7910
PIN: N/A
Carrier: OPTIMUS
Default Re: Can't send SMS to specific contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
The usual thing that controls the text messages is the plan features. Sending a text using the dial number sounds like it is bypassing some restriction placed on the BB by the BES on it's IT policy for the user. Because your having issues with the BES support, unless you can get to someone who can work with you you may be stuck. It might be easier to just have them delete the BB from the BES and then add it back and copy a working users info for setup. Almost sounds like my IT department! but mine is in the US.
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to try and get someone from the IT department in Germany to look into this issue. But I am a bit reluctant to have them delete and re-add the device. As I already stated, they always seem to manage to make it a bit worse. Something always goes awry, gets deleted, is lost, ends up locked, etc...
Closed Thread