BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
danybp

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Soon to be a new blackberry owner! Need ADVICE!!!

Please Login to Remove!

hi,
I am planning on switching from verizon to other service provider and get blackberry along the way
and i thought i should ask for advices here

1) i was thinking AT&T since they are cheaper (family 1400 min with texting) but is there more cheaper and reliable service provider?

2)but if i get blackberry, do i have to get data plan along with the blackberry?

not sure if its worth it at this point. so i might test it out for a bit

3)which blackberry should i get?
i dont twitter or facebook. just want it for email ,web browsing and typical uses. and speed is important for me. (my friend had storm and it kinda looked slow)

4)where should i buy blackberry?
wireflyDOTcom (no link rule) this website says that i can get some blackberrys for free if i switch from verizon
is it reliable and is it the best deal i can get if i switch from verizon?

5) termination fee- my termination fee comes up to 300 bucks at verizon.

ive heard that some service providers pay for that. i called AT&T twice and second guy said yes and after talking to his boss he said they dont do that

so i was wondering is there any service provider who pays for termination fee?

and if not. is there a way to lessen the termination fee or pay the fee in parts? like monthly?

lol thats alot of questions
ive done some searching got alot of conflicting result

anyway thank you and hopefully you can maybe help me out a bit !!

Thank you
dan
Old 08-27-2009, 01:23 AM   #2
ablackberryblog
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
Carrier: Verizon

Dan

You have a lot of questions there.

My question for you: why are you getting rid of Verizon?

Then we can work out the rest.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:50 AM   #3
danybp

well first of all, they have crappy ass customer service.

they tell me i had a house phone line which we never used it before( i didnt even know the number. )

and to prove that i never used it, i need a subpoena cause they do not actually keep track of it and need subpoena to access the data directly or some technical shit

and ive been busy and been just paying the bill. but recently i noticed that ive been getting charged for extra 10-60 bucks since last year and past 6 months its been 30-60. for premium texting. i said wtf is that and asked for refund.

and they said i had agreed to pay for something which is bs. it was obvious that it was a ****ing scam. but they wont refund it. i am fed up with their ****ing bullshit service.

ive lost hundreds of dollars. from phony phone and premium texting

i want the personal pleasure of saying "**** off" when they tried to change my mind last min.

and verizon is just generally more expansive per month.
so either way pardon my french and it will be greatly appreciated if you can answer the questions
Old 08-27-2009, 05:03 AM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

hi,
I am planning on switching from verizon to other service provider and get blackberry along the way
and i thought i should ask for advices here

1) i was thinking AT&T since they are cheaper (family 1400 min with texting) but is there more cheaper and reliable service provider?

2)but if i get blackberry, do i have to get data plan along with the blackberry?

not sure if its worth it at this point. so i might test it out for a bit

To fully use the services i.e. email, and internet you need a blackberry data plan. Most if not all carriers in the US now require you to get the data plan with the blackberry

3)which blackberry should i get?
i dont twitter or facebook. just want it for email ,web browsing and typical uses. and speed is important for me. (my friend had storm and it kinda looked slow)

Bold. If I remember correctly, its the only 3G BB that AT&T (if you go with them) offer.

4)where should i buy blackberry?
wireflyDOTcom (no link rule) this website says that i can get some blackberrys for free if i switch from verizon
is it reliable and is it the best deal i can get if i switch from verizon?

google wirefly scam and find lots of articles about their poor service and scamming for extra money. if you are switching carriers just go to the carrier store or online.

5) termination fee- my termination fee comes up to 300 bucks at verizon.

ive heard that some service providers pay for that. i called AT&T twice and second guy said yes and after talking to his boss he said they dont do that

and if not. is there a way to lessen the termination fee or pay the fee in parts? like monthly?

As a personal customer you're gonna have a hard time getting any carrier to agree to pay for your termination fee. And I don't think Verizon will let you pay in installments.

lol thats alot of questions
ive done some searching got alot of conflicting result

anyway thank you and hopefully you can maybe help me out a bit !!

Thank you
dan

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 08-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #5
ssyates

PIN: 309B86A0
Carrier: Sprint

My wife and I are on a "Simply Everything Data Plan" with 1500 minutes/month for both of us, unlimited data, unlimited texting, tethered interconnection to our laptops, web browsing, SprintTV, etc. It costs us $129/month less 25% discount for my company's affiliation (IBM Retired).

Their Customer Service has been good and the Phone/Data coverage has been great. We had tried Verizon, but for less service, they wanted twice the price, so we dropped them after 7 days. We also tried AT&T's iPhone, loved the phone and apps, but the telephone service was the PITS, so we dropped them after 10 days.

Some folks hate Sprint, but we have found the service to be better than their competition for much less $$$.

I have to change my Profile from Verizon to Sprint...

Last edited by ssyates; 08-27-2009 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: Profile has been updated...
Old 08-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #6
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

My advice is to make sure (like you're doing) to do all of your homework before making a purchase. Nothing worse then finding out after you've made the jump that it doesn't fit your needs.

Your #1 priority should be the coverage for the provider your moving to. All the bells and whistles and great deals don't mean a thing if you have crappy coverage.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #7
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Definitely make sure you have coverage where you need it. Best way to do this is to really test things out during your trial period with the new carrier so you can cancel if they don't meet your needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danybp View Post
well first of all, they have crappy ass customer service.
At&t's has pretty poor customer service in my experiences over the years (both with my personal lines and when I was doing corporate BB support).

Quote:
If there is, I seriously doubt they'll pay your ETF [b]and/[b] subsidize your new BB.

Quote:
That's a question for Verizon. Again, I doubt it.

Last edited by takeshi; 08-27-2009 at 10:24 AM..
Old 08-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #8
danybp

after talking with 3 customer representative.

the third one admitted something was wrong with the bill (180 bucks on select plan 1400 min with 3 lines_. and decided to refund me atleast 3 billing cycles. \

so i am sticking with verizon i guess

but i still stick to my word. they got shitty ass customer service. the customer reps had power to refund me. they just decided not to.
and the local verizon store ****ed me over by putting me on a plan i didnt want/need and agree to(the rep said its probably "a mistake")

but i got my refund and my bill is down to 100 from 180. so i am sticking with verizon for now.

my contract is up in 2 months so i am prob gonna get a blackberry there.
i got couple questions about that but i guess i will make different thread for different topic.

and thx everyone for answering my question
Closed Thread