Old 08-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
project86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Automatic Shut Off???

Please Login to Remove!

Ok I am working on my computer. My phone is plugged in. Haven't touched it in over 30 minutes. It is just sitting there. All of a sudden, it flashes and it restarts on its own. What gives??? It has done this before.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted

Are you the original owner of the blackberry? Its actually not a bad thing that it is doing this. I have a program which a lot will agree automatically does a reboot on your phone at a specific time you choose. They say this frees up memory. It actually does help my bb run faster. "Quickpull" is the name of this application. If you are not the orginal owner check to see if this app is on there.

But I have heard of other people's bb doing this without that app. Usually it was because the phone was overloaded and just got bogged down or something. The phone kinda was doing this to free up something.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
project86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Well they need to make these phones like the iphone. You back out of an app, it's closed. I am tired of this free up memory bullcrap and having to do a battery pull on a daily basis. I have quickpull but I never set it up to do anything automatically. As far as it being someone else's phone, no, it's always been mine. I have already turned this thing in once, 2 more times because of issues and Verizon let's me choose another completely different model. I think I will say bye bye to Rim products for good and just go back to a standard phone. This is ridiculous.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
Well they need to make these phones like the iphone. You back out of an app, it's closed.
This will never happen, and there is a better change of the iPhone functioning in the future as your BlackBerry does now. You are certainly in the minority when it comes to this suggestion.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:20 AM   #5
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted

Well what I have noticed with the blackberries as well as with the iphones is someone is either going to love it or hate it. Blackberries are definitely not for everyone. Sounds like they may not be for you.

But just a little advice on the "quickpull" app; why don't you schedule it to do a reboot at a certain time automatically. It really does help.

Also to actually shutdown an app as opposed to just backing out only takes like 2 extra seconds if that. I bet I can close a program just as fast as someone can on an iphone. Actually I know I can. I have iphones. Lol.

And one more thing. If you think the blackberry is anyway cumbersome about the way it operates, then you are for a surprise with the iphones. I have 2 Iphones and my blackberry curve is the phone I use more than anything else just because of the quirkiness of the iphone. I still to this day can not send mms messages with an iphone. Oh and apple has the worst customer service ever.

Good luck with either.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #6
RayVoy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Z30
Carrier: Bell Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
. I am tired of this free up memory bullcrap and having to do a battery pull on a daily basis. I have quickpull .
I have quick pull as well, don't use it very often.
I have "Memory Cleaning" set to run every time I lock the phone (and I lock it every time I holster).
My phone is never turned off, and it's been a week, or two, since my last quick pull. And no, it is not set up to auto pull.
I just checked my memory, and it's over 29 meg.
To get to "Memory Cleaning", select "Options", "Security Options".

This works well for me.

Oh, and BTW, "Memory Cleaning" can be set to start while the phone is idle (and the idle period can be changed). This may be the reason your phone is coming off idle.

Last edited by RayVoy; 08-29-2009 at 09:15 PM..
Closed Thread