Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 03:33 AM   #1
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Today Plus Theme - 9700 Clean, stock look

Please Login to Remove!

I threw together a simple Today theme for the 9700, same appearance as I did with the 8900 in this post:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/medi...tock-look.html

Most of the additions people wanted from the previous theme are implemented in this one such as rolling from different icons on the bottom to the calendar and messages entries. I have also taken advantage of the added features of Theme Builder 5.0 and added in some zoom in and zoom out effects when opening or closing an application and the fade effect is used between the homescreen and the icon / application list.

Let me know what you think, be nice to know if there's repeat people using the theme that had it on the 8900.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Theme Name: Today-9700
Theme Author: HaTaX
Theme Cost: Free
Theme Credits: RIM (All stock graphics)
Supported Device Model(s) and OS: Bold 9700 OS 5.0
Download Link(s): Click here to download OTA (ALX at the bottom of the post)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Home Screen:

Icon Menu:

ALX for loading with desktop manager:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Today-9700-ALX.zip (382.5 KB, 3605 views)
Old 11-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
AZPorsche911

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile

Exactly what I was looking for. Much Appreciated!
Old 11-18-2009, 11:52 PM   #3
CrazyT
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320

Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!!
Old 11-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
BigBlackAv

Model: 9800
Carrier: Evil Globe

this is awesome...I have a request...can you make it w/ a black background, or is "theme builder easy enough to learn to make that change myself?
Thanks for doing this!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

It's fairly easy to do yourself, and honestly if you wanted to make it that much easier, I could just give you the theme file itself and you could edit it, and make the background black yourself.

If you feel up to it, grab theme builder and play a little with it. Send me a PM when you've got it installed and all and I can get you the theme builder file for this theme and you can just edit it from there.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
Lovin2act

Carrier: Tmobile

Hi Hatax!! I love this theme and used it on my 8900 too! Quick question, when I go into the media folder, the explore option is missing. Is this theme related? Cause when I go into the stock themes, the explore function comes back. Thats my only hang up thus far...but its kinda important for me.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:44 AM   #7
lbeetles

Model: 8110
Carrier: T-mobile

Hi, HaTax is there any chance you could make this theme with just the calender and also a weather block??
Old 11-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
CrazyT

Model: 8320

I've been using your theme for last 2 days and it's great but I noticed that it doesn't preview SMS on the home screen. When emails come in, I can see the sender and subject but this doesn't happen to SMS. Is this easy to fix?

I'm using OS 5.0.0.321
Old 11-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #9
Lovin2act

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
I've been using your theme for last 2 days and it's great but I noticed that it doesn't preview SMS on the home screen. When emails come in, I can see the sender and subject but this doesn't happen to SMS. Is this easy to fix?

I'm using OS 5.0.0.321
I noticed that too. I bet it has something to do with the new threaded sms feature that is on OS 5.0 and up.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
Sefirato

PIN: Ask God by praying for my PIN :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeetles View Post
Hi, HaTax is there any chance you could make this theme with just the calender and also a weather block??
Seconded that. That's what I had on my 8320 before I upgraded to this phone. I LOVE it, so it would be great to see the same theme I had on the Curve onto the new Bold.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #11
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

I looked into the media folder not having the explore option anymore and you are correct! I am willing to bet that it's a bug in the new theme builder with changing the application hierarchy in the theme. I'll do some testing in the next day or so and see if there's anything I can do to get that folder functionality back. I also use the explore option and for a temp easy fix I put the "Files" shortcut in there so I could get to the storage explorer.

SMS messages have been kind of redone with OS 5.0 and also with BBM 5.0, so I'm thinking those messages aren't going to appear in that list anymore. If it appears in the messaging app (Messages icon on the menu) then it should appear on the homescreen as well.

You guys really like those versions without the messages on there huh? When I'm tinkering around this weekend I'll try to get one without the messages for you. Would you rather have full screen calendar or half screen with 3 entries?

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to see some people are going to get some use out of it.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:30 AM   #12
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin2act View Post
Hi Hatax!! I love this theme and used it on my 8900 too! Quick question, when I go into the media folder, the explore option is missing. Is this theme related? Cause when I go into the stock themes, the explore function comes back. Thats my only hang up thus far...but its kinda important for me.
Good catch on this problem, seems to be if you edit the application hierarchy at all, the media folder loses it's enabled features. I set it all back to default, so after you install this version you'll have to arrange some of your icons again.

Otherwise, the original OTA post has been updated, and here is a new ALX for those that load it through desktop manager at the bottom of this post.

Sorry for the problem! At least it's an easy fix.

Once I hear what others would like on the screen without messages, I'll get that whipped up quick.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Today-9700-ALX.zip (381.9 KB, 518 views)
Old 11-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #13
Sefirato

PIN: Ask God by praying for my PIN :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX View Post
You guys really like those versions without the messages on there huh? When I'm tinkering around this weekend I'll try to get one without the messages for you. Would you rather have full screen calendar or half screen with 3 entries?
Full-screen calendar with the weather slot above the bottom-left corner of the screen.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
Lovin2act

Quote:
Good catch on this problem, seems to be if you edit the application hierarchy at all, the media folder loses it's enabled features. I set it all back to default, so after you install this version you'll have to arrange some of your icons again.

Otherwise, the original OTA post has been updated, and here is a new ALX for those that load it through desktop manager at the bottom of this post.

Sorry for the problem! At least it's an easy fix.

Once I hear what others would like on the screen without messages, I'll get that whipped up quick.

No worries it would be a very easy thing to overlook Thanks so much good sir!!! You is the man!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #15
rpolisoto

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Personally I'd like full screen calendar with a single line for messages. I find it useful to launch the message window without wasting a home screen icon, but the preview loses its value once you read the message.

Thanks!!
Old 11-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #16
batrad

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular

Nice theme

Second the request for a black background with a weather icon slot on the left

Appreciate if you can make the changes or send me the theme file so I can try my hands at it...
Old 11-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #17
sreckie

Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up Theme for Themebuilder 5.0

Hi,

Can you please email me the theme that you designed so that I can try to make some mods?

I like the theme. Thanks very much.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #18
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Been getting acquainted with the BB Composer and I'll be updating the theme soon to add a feature I don't understand it's absence in OS 5........ "F" for the profiles menu..

May add some other things as well, but wanted to give a heads up I would be making some additions..
Old 11-28-2009, 06:59 AM   #19
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Alrighty people, I've uploaded a new version to the OTA path posted in the OP. The new version brings back the "F" for profiles on the homescreen! I can't apply it to the icon menu as it won't let me use a SVG file there.

Also made some changes to the icons background to be more transparent to better show the background. The blue focus overlay for the icons has been made transparent and a little lighter as well. I thought these additions help show off more of the background while keeping the stock look.

I've also attached a new ALX zip file if anyone needs it.

Let me know if you load it and what you think! I'll upload some pictures of it later if people would like to see the changes..
Attached Files
File Type: zip Today-9700-ALX.zip (383.2 KB, 486 views)

Last edited by HaTaX; 11-28-2009 at 07:08 AM..
Old 11-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #20
gotfelix

Carrier: Rogers

Hey Hatax,

First of all thanks a lot for the theme! It's simple, but very versatile. I was wondering if you could send me the theme file so I can edit it with the BlackBerry Theme Manager? I just want to edit the background for the lock and application menu screen.

Thanks! =D

Quote:
Alrighty people, I've uploaded a new version to the OTA path posted in the OP. The new version brings back the "F" for profiles on the homescreen! I can't apply it to the icon menu as it won't let me use a SVG file there.

Also made some changes to the icons background to be more transparent to better show the background. The blue focus overlay for the icons has been made transparent and a little lighter as well. I thought these additions help show off more of the background while keeping the stock look.

I've also attached a new ALX zip file if anyone needs it.

Let me know if you load it and what you think! I'll upload some pictures of it later if people would like to see the changes..
Closed Thread