Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
SRT4Johnny

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default OEM Leather Pocket question

Please Login to Remove!

Those who have the case I was wondering what you thought about it. I see theres an opening right where the camera lens is. I was hoping the lens would be covered up to protect it from dust since it will be in my pocket.

Has anyone tried putting the phone it upside down so the camera lens is on the bottom, Iwould think thatd protect it a lil better and only the bottom of the phone would stick out. My only question is does the the magnet still work to turn the phone in standyby mode if its put it in upside down like that?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT4Johnny View Post
Those who have the case I was wondering what you thought about it. I see theres an opening right where the camera lens is. I was hoping the lens would be covered up to protect it from dust since it will be in my pocket.

Has anyone tried putting the phone it upside down so the camera lens is on the bottom, Iwould think thatd protect it a lil better and only the bottom of the phone would stick out. My only question is does the the magnet still work to turn the phone in standyby mode if its put it in upside down like that?
i didnt think it was out yet, blackberry's accessories site says it is out on the 17th..

http://shopblackberry.com/_blackberr...ML69VPAQEF76WB
Old 07-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Mako5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T via Bluefish

I have one and it is GREAT! One of the best cases I have ever owned and I have had a few. I like it because I keep my BB in my pocket. With this case it is about the thickness of my wallet and keeps my BB well protected.

Re:your questions. The camera lens is covered up completely. The only part exposed is the LED flash. Putting the BB in backwards will shut off the screen. I also tried upside down and that will not work.

For $20 it is a great case if you do not need a belt clip.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #4
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict

where were you able to get these? i have been waiting until the 17th to order one online but if they are already available that would be awesome
Old 07-09-2007, 09:51 PM   #5
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

There is someone on here that has them....chinesecat
Old 07-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #6
dcboy78
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

My Rogers BB Curve 8300 came with one of these 'sleeve' cases. I found it useless because I'm a holster user. My other friends with Curves also got this case with their BB. I guess Canadians get the case for free.

If you want to buy one off a Canadian, PM me.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:46 AM   #7
No Longer Registered.

They are available to purchase.

If you are looking to get the 8300 Power Station, the leather pocket comes free.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:39 AM   #8
josue

Model: Curve
Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako5 View Post
I have one and it is GREAT! One of the best cases I have ever owned and I have had a few. I like it because I keep my BB in my pocket. With this case it is about the thickness of my wallet and keeps my BB well protected.

Re:your questions. The camera lens is covered up completely. The only part exposed is the LED flash. Putting the BB in backwards will shut off the screen. I also tried upside down and that will not work.

For $20 it is a great case if you do not need a belt clip.
absolutely, best ever, clip cases are crap (sorry my opinion), that one is slim and almost vey nice. Lucky I was when I discovered it in the box with the device!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #9
pspiegel
CrackBerry Addict

ordered from chinesecatt, I wish AT&T bundled these with the phones in the first place though...
Old 07-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #10
Mandizzle
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9800
PIN: 2322E11D
Carrier: Rogers

It came with my Curve in the Rogers box.. And it's probably the best case/skin i've ever used. I really like the fact that it puts my Curve to sleep and saves me some battery life as well it keeps it well protected in my pocket. I used to use the OEM skin for my Pearl and the only thing I miss about that is that it was somewhat sticky and wouldn't slide around my console in my car.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #11
gator12

What's the difference between the "leather" pocket from chinesecat $11.99and the "vinyl" one direct from Blackberry $19.99???:
Old 07-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #12
No Longer Registered.

There should be no difference since they are by RIM. The only difference is price. And why I am able to offer it for such low price? Low overhead.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:51 PM   #13
gator12

Thanks!

Ordering one now.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #14
queritor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesecatt View Post
There should be no difference since they are by RIM. The only difference is price. And why I am able to offer it for such low price? Low overhead.
So is yours really leather or is it vinyl? Your site states it is leather, but you also say it's exactly the same as the RIM one which is vinyl.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #15
aeitingon

Carrier: at&t
Question

I orderd the oem clipless sleeve from eBay. The magnet in mine is REALLY weak - sometimes it does not even work. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #16
Jimmy Bizzle

Carrier: At&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako5 View Post
The camera lens is covered up completely. The only part exposed is the LED flash. Putting the BB in backwards will shut off the screen. I also tried upside down and that will not work.
which way is the right way? my screen shuts off either way. but I prefer putting in where the BB logo on the sleeve is at the front of the phone and the Blackberry is on the back of the phone. To me, that seems to be the right way. If you look at it, it shows the phone's Blackberry logos in full on the front and back. It covers up the camera this way too
Old 07-11-2007, 01:57 PM   #17
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queritor View Post
So is yours really leather or is it vinyl? Your site states it is leather, but you also say it's exactly the same as the RIM one which is vinyl.
I said they are the same based on the Model # of the item. If they described their pocket as vinyl, then their's must be vinyl. When I receive my stocks, the package it comes in says "Leather Pouch" -- so I go with what the package says and it is leather indeed. I don't look at the name of the item, I go with the Manufucturer's Number. I always search by Manufacturer's.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #18
queritor

Quote:
I said they are the same based on the Model # of the item. If they described their pocket as vinyl, then their's must be vinyl. When I receive my stocks, the package it comes in says "Leather Pouch" -- so I go with what the package says and it is leather indeed. I don't look at the name of the item, I go with the Manufucturer's Number. I always search by Manufacturer's.
Actually, you didn't say anything about model number. Your exact words were:
Quote:
But if yours is leather and the model number is the same as RIMs, then I guess it's safe to assume the RIM version must also be leather. Or is it possible that the same manufacture number is used for different materials? I just want to make sure whatever I order is genuine leather.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #19
No Longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queritor View Post
Actually, you didn't say anything about model number. Your exact words were:
But if yours is leather and the model number is the same as RIMs, then I guess it's safe to assume the RIM version must also be leather. Or is it possible that the same manufacture number is used for different materials? I just want to make sure whatever I order is genuine leather.
Since we were talking about what is on my website in comparison with what's in the shopbbb, there was no reason why there was a need to point the Model # since you probably check my site already -- for which you can definitely see the Model Number as the item description.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 PM   #20
queritor

Quote:
Since we were talking about what is on my website in comparison with what's in the shopbbb, there was no reason why there was a need to point the Model # since you probably check my site already -- for which you can definitely see the Model Number as the item description.
I don't understand why you're being so defensive here. I just want to be 100% sure that your item is leather. If it's the same item as the RIM version, then either you or RIM has the wrong description. So can you guarantee that your item is genuine leather and also has the proximity sensors to send the BB to sleep?

These sites are selling the exact same model number and advertising it as vinylxxx8230; same as RIM.

Blackberry 8300 Matte Vinyl Pocket Pouch HDW-14090-001 at MobileCityOnline.com
Amazon.com: RIM BLackberry OEM Vinyl Pocket Case, Black for Blackberry 8300 Curves HDW-14090-001: Cell Phones & Service
eBay: BlackBerry 8300 Curve Vinyl Pocket Original New! (item 330145605878 end time Jul-16-07 12:56:46 PDT)
BlackBerry 8300 Curve Vinyl Pocket - Original (OEM) HDW-14090-001

Last edited by queritor; 07-11-2007 at 10:55 PM..
Closed Thread