Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1 View Post
BBFileScout update to 0.6.1

What's new?
* Search will now display the total number of hits
* New Option: Directory Structure loading Thread ['Slow'|'Normal'|'Fast']

Matthias
Ah, much, much better! I set the loading option to slow and 0.6.1 now starts up as fast as the pre-0.6 versions. Well done, thanks!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #182
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

Matthias - I must say that your application has progressed into a very very useful app. I am thoroughly impressed with the functionality you have built into it.

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM   #183
emacf1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeek View Post
Ah, much, much better! I set the loading option to slow and 0.6.1 now starts up as fast as the pre-0.6 versions. Well done, thanks!
Thanks for the positive feedback... so it really looks like, that some devices does not like multi threading... I am happy, that the solution could be so easy to implement... [I hope this work for others too]
Old 04-17-2009, 03:02 AM   #184
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.6.3

What's fixed?
* I made a very stupid mistake - I trusted a information that was no reliable xxx8211; and I did not spend enough time to verify this information. I deeply regret what have happened but I can not make this undone xxx8211; I hope tpdkdesign.net & everaldo.com can forgive me for this error - again my apologize.

As consequence all Icons (incl. the main app icon) had to be replaced (I am not confident, if the current symbols will be the final ones xxx8211; but at least the I bought them from fasticon.com)

Installation & Update
You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias

Last edited by emacf1; 04-17-2009 at 04:31 AM..
Old 04-18-2009, 04:06 AM   #185
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.6.4

What's new?
* I am sorry that there is again another update within 24h - but the initial new icons, that I have bought where IMHO not optimal for the Blackberry® device - so I have worked the last 24h with high pressure on an update for the icons of BBFileScout and finally after spending the night with "pushing pixel around" I am more or less happy with the result.

I hope now the contrast for the icons is improved and if there is somebody around who would like to help me with further improvements please do not hesitate to get in contact with me.

Installation & Update
You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage (Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout.)

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
Attached Images
File Type: png icon_collection.png (18.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-19-2009, 08:02 AM   #186
emacf1

BBFileScout news

What's new?
Even if a software developer is a lousy author for a manual I have started with some sort of user manual for BBFileScout - currently there are two first raw chapter versions:Matthias
Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #187
ChezDigital
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

While organizing the pictures on my Storm, I came across a couple situations where some added features could be beneficial. The first fairly simple, the other maybe not...

1. Let's say I'm moving 10 files from root directory the subdirectory A. 9 of the 10 files exist in the subdirectory, but I already know ahead of time that I want to replace all duplicates. When I encounter the first duplicate, I am prompted with a choice -- I think the default is "do nothing", or something similar. However, I know I want to replace it, so I select that option. Then I encounter the next instance, and I am once again prompted, with the same "do nothing" default option.

Suggestions: Remember my last choice. If I chose "replace", replace should be the new default option until I restart the app. Also, a checkbox that states "do this for all future items in this stack", or something (I actually like how Vista worded this option...I forget the exact text).

2. While organizing images, I had to keep switching back to the Media app to see which image was what, and trying to remember those filenames. Can any sort of a thumbnail view option be implemented? I'm not sure how easy it is to use what BB has in place for their thumbnail displays...
Old 04-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #188
emacf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezDigital View Post
1. Let's say I'm moving 10 files from root directory the subdirectory A. 9 of the 10 files exist in the subdirectory, but I already know ahead of time that I want to replace all duplicates. When I encounter the first duplicate, I am prompted with a choice -- I think the default is "do nothing", or something similar. However, I know I want to replace it, so I select that option. Then I encounter the next instance, and I am once again prompted, with the same "do nothing" default option.

Suggestions: Remember my last choice. If I chose "replace", replace should be the new default option until I restart the app. Also, a checkbox that states "do this for all future items in this stack", or something (I actually like how Vista worded this option...I forget the exact text).
actually what you can already do is, to specify the default option... so you will not be prompted... -> details can be found in the new ManualPages of BBFileScout...

Quote:
2. While organizing images, I had to keep switching back to the Media app to see which image was what, and trying to remember those filenames. Can any sort of a thumbnail view option be implemented? I'm not sure how easy it is to use what BB has in place for their thumbnail displays...
reading the BBthumbs.dat file will be quite hard job - since there is no documentation at all - but I assume you will be quite happy with the next version of BBFileScout

Matthias
Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #189
ChezDigital
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
actually what you can already do is, to specify the default option... so you will not be prompted... -> details can be found in the new ManualPages of BBFileScout...
Thanks for the swift response, and again for your hard work on this masterpiece of yours. I'll definitely donate when another contract digs me out of the doldrums.

Regarding your suggestion, I wouldn't want replace as a static option, and I'm sure you could see why. And not choosing that leaves this issue as a nuisance when I'm moving and replacing 25 images, as I was doing on this occasion.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #190
emacf1

Quote:
Thanks for the swift response, and again for your hard work on this masterpiece of yours. I'll definitely donate when another contract digs me out of the doldrums.

Regarding your suggestion, I wouldn't want replace as a static option, and I'm sure you could see why. And not choosing that leaves this issue as a nuisance when I'm moving and replacing 25 images, as I was doing on this occasion.
what I can do for sure is, to focus/select already the last choice... does this sounds like a compromise? [I am aware, that a checkbox: "do it for all" would be even more user friendly...]
Old 04-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #191
ChezDigital
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
what I can do for sure is, to focus/select already the last choice... does this sounds like a compromise? [I am aware, that a checkbox: "do it for all" would be even more user friendly...]
It sure does! I'm also aware that I'm not entirely privy to the tasks required to implement my suggestions, so your idea will definitely suffice.

Thanks again!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #192
emacf1

Quote:
It sure does! I'm also aware that I'm not entirely privy to the tasks required to implement my suggestions, so your idea will definitely suffice
So what I did now is: Option is configured to "ask each time"... then the dialog appears - then you make your first choice... then the next time the dialog appears the last selected choice is already selected and the 'OK'-Button is focused... so you simple then hit "enter" and you go to the next... -> I just tested it and it works great - really nice improvement

Matthias
Old 04-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #193
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.6.5

What's new?
* Thumbnail support for images (if enabled in BBFileScout options)
* BBFileScout will display a 128px preview of image files in the details dialog
* Select your favorite folder icons [grey/white]
* improved handling of: 'Ask each time' for the 'When destination exist' option

more details @ the BBFileScout Changelog
and/or
read the complete "BBFileScout Option" Manual

Installation & Update
You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout.

Matthias
Old 04-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #194
raja_3012
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

This app gets better everyday.

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Old 04-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #195
DougMcCready
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT
Thumbs up

Quote:
BBFileScout update to 0.6.5

What's new?
* Thumbnail support for images (if enabled in BBFileScout options)
* BBFileScout will display a 128px preview of image files in the details dialog
* Select your favorite folder icons [grey/white]
* improved handling of: 'Ask each time' for the 'When destination exist' option
Absolutely awesome app!!!!! Thank you!
Old 04-22-2009, 01:18 AM   #196
emacf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_3012 View Post
thanks - actually it's getting harder to find reasonable improvements...

There is still a "cleaning" task ahead (less technical error messages & cleanup work when something failed)... but except of that I personally do not "miss" much... [beside the already discussed remote file system support]
Old 04-22-2009, 02:18 AM   #197
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Indeed. I love this program.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #198
ChezDigital
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_3012 View Post
+1!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #199
ChezDigital
Thumbs Must Hurt

I like the updates! A couple questions...

The thumbnails display...they're very tiny. Is there a method in place to switch to a grid view that would display larger, more identifiable thumbnails?

Also, the folder icons, if the custom icons are chosen, is that a way to choose from a set of icons, as shown by those in the attached jpg a page or two ago in this thread?
Old 04-23-2009, 01:53 AM   #200
emacf1

Quote:
The thumbnails display...they're very tiny. Is there a method in place to switch to a grid view that would display larger, more identifiable thumbnails?
Yes there is - adjust the font size of the app - this will have instance influence on the thumbnail size - I know that it might be not that what you wanted - but currently I found no other way, that the same code works correct on all supported devices.

Quote:
Also, the folder icons, if the custom icons are chosen, is that a way to choose from a set of icons, as shown by those in the attached jpg a page or two ago in this thread?
The Icon selection is "just" changing the folder icons - the rest of the symbols (as shown e.g. on the manual pages) are in both cases identical.

Matthias
Closed Thread