Old 05-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
saints81

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Not sure if this can be done. WebDesktop Bes 5 log in

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

So I'm a little desperate here. This is what I need to do. I need to give about 1000 clients the ability to log into Web desktop. The issue is they are on another domain.

Work for the Government so right away you know this should be fun. Set-up.
Look after 5 ministries and their email. 2 are on our network domain of LAN and 3 are on another network domain of SNE. All clients have a LAN account, those that are in the SNE domain have their LAN accounts disabled and their SNE accounts have pass through authentication to access their LAN account email.

BES 5 server is located in the LAN domain along with all of the Exchange servers.

I need a way for them to be able to log into WebDesktop manager with their SNE credentials as their LAN credentials are disabled, NO WAY around the disabled LAN account.

So... Is there a way I can have their SNE credentials verified by the LAN BES server? Is there a way I can enable all their BES User Accounts to use the Blackberry Administration Service log in, as in can I assign all the accounts a password for just logging into the Web Desktop Manager? Is there anything anyone can think of?

Any suggestions would be nice... Any solution would be amazing.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
BBExpert
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Can you attempt to explain the problem again.

Also what is the unique need to access web desktop.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
besadmin23
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Dont think you will be able to get the SNE user logged into WebDesktop manager with SNE creds.

You would have to add BAS authentication to each user individually. Resource Kit may help you do that in a scripted automated way but... you still would need to create a unique password for each and from the sounds of it, that probably wouldn't meet your organizations password rules...
Closed Thread