BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Default Anyone order from TMobile Customer Care?

Please Login to Remove!

sigh.....I ordered my 8100 on Tuesday morning at 10am from Customer Care over the phone. I paid for express (3 day shipping). They still haven't even shipped it out yet--it hasn't even left the warehouse yet. So, as you all are playing with your new toys I only get to dream of scrolling that pearl. I've ordered BB's from them before and it's always been quick until now. Has anyone else ordered one from Customer care over the phone? It's a drag living in a small town!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
AlwaysOn607
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

John, same thing here. Didn't want to drive 50 miles to the T-mo store and Retentions promised a better deal. I paid for express too, but when I called this afternoon I was told the phone had not shipped yet, but still would ship today. But after reading your post, I am not so sure it did. sigh......
Old 09-14-2006, 08:32 PM   #3
tprime
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: Tmobile

My wife is waiting also. It's funny when i ordered my 8700 the first week it came out, I choose regular ups ground and it came in two days. No such fortune with pearl. Still waiting....................................
Old 09-14-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
John Clark
BBF Moderator

They told me go to ups.com, click on tracking, then click on track by reference number. Use your 10 digit phone number with dashes. Mine still says unable to find that shipment in the system. I called a little while ago and they said that the shipping says "pending." I leave for Europe on Sunday, for a week, and was hoping it would be here tomorrow. They did say it "could" still ship out and be here tomorrow but that seems like it would be a miracle at best....guess I'll wait and see...Big sigh........
Old 09-14-2006, 09:20 PM   #5
AlwaysOn607
Thumbs Must Hurt

John, I just called and was told the same thing - "pending". They couldn't confirm if it had shipped or not. Seems highly unlikely to me if it hasn't shipped yet, that I will have it by tomorrow....maybe Saturday. Frustrations.....I should have driven to that T-mo store!!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #6
ollywompus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

I know two people that this has happened too as well,

-olly
YIM: seattleolly
Old 09-14-2006, 09:26 PM   #7
somarpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

I ordered mine this afternoon from the site but tried to go back and change the shipping for a faster delivery when the site went back to the beginning and I couldn't get back to where I was. I called Customer Care and they said my order went through I wanted to change the shipping but she said it would be a waste because UPS won't pickup on the weekend and I should get it by Tuesday with regualr ground. I'm really doubting it after reading this post.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:34 PM   #8
ceebz

Model: 8800
PIN: 23F2E165

I'm thinking about cancelling. It's just ridiculous that it would take them this long to ship.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:41 PM   #9
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

When the online division of a company like T-Mobile drops the ball so badly it really leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. It's completely stupid and very short sighted. I dare say some of the customers getting hosed here will take the first opportunity to jump to another carrier. TMO is shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:42 PM   #10
AlwaysOn607
Thumbs Must Hurt

They offered to refund my $15 for express shipping if I don't have the phone tomorrow. I told them great, but I wanted the phone more than the money. If I don't have the phone Saturday (they may not ship on Sat, but UPS delivers her on Sat), I will cancel and drive in the Grand Rapids and buy there.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:42 PM   #11
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Wirelessly posted (7100t: BlackBerry7100/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I didn't think they would deliver on Saturday as that is usually an extra charge. And mine is going to the office...guess another week with my 7100t isn't the end of the world.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:46 PM   #12
somarpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

If I don't see any indication that it's on it's way by Monday I will cancel and go to the store and get it, I just didn't have time this week to do so.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:59 PM   #13
jattila4
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Yikes I was gonna order online, but I'll just drive 2 hours to get one!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:25 PM   #14
dtjay7

Carrier: t-mobile

Add me to the list of people who ordered early Tuesday morning and it still has not shipped yet. I did pay extra for the express shipping, which they say they will refund. That is not helpful, I don't care about the 15 just want to get the phone. I have had good luck with fast shipping from them in the past, this is very disappointing. Good luck to everyone,

Diane
Old 09-15-2006, 12:22 AM   #15
John Clark
BBF Moderator

I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one! I even asked them if it was on backorder already and they said no. So, I don't know what the deal is but I'm not impressed. I don't care about $15 either, just wanted to get a new phone. Oh well....maybe it'll show up after all....
Old 09-15-2006, 12:37 AM   #16
ceebz

Model: 8800
PIN: 23F2E165

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one! I even asked them if it was on backorder already and they said no. So, I don't know what the deal is but I'm not impressed. I don't care about $15 either, just wanted to get a new phone. Oh well....maybe it'll show up after all....
Yeah, poor job on T-Mobile's part.

I get unlimited upgrades with my cingy FAN and I don't think they've ever failed to ship the same day.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:32 AM   #17
beverageninja

I also ordered from TMO customer care on 9/12 @ 7:30 in the morning while driving to work. Paid for the rush shipping and fully expected it to be on my doorstep today, boy was I disappointed when I got home. Called TMO, asked when I should expect my 8100 and the Rep said it should be here tomorrow, but she couldn't find any updated shipping info on file. She blamed UPS for not updating their tracking info. It better be here tomorrow or I'm heading to a TMO store to pick one up.

Also, to add insult to injury, I was at a local pool hall in Bellevue, WA tonight, and some TMO employees rented out part of the hall for a Blackberry Pearl launch party. Everyone one of them had a Pearl. Should have ran up and snatched one
Old 09-15-2006, 07:20 AM   #18
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on
Angry

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Ordered from CC bright and early on Tuesday, got express shipping, and have been told the same thing every day. This was yesterday afternoon's conversation:

Them: "Looks like it hasn't shipped out yet... but don't worry! You should have it by Friday evening!"

Me: "How can that be, when it hasn't shipped out yet?"

Them: "Well, if they have to, they'll overnight it to you to get it there by Friday. And if it isn't there, just give us a call back."

EDIT: I just gave them a call this morning, and they (a) refunded my shipping charge, and (b) started some sort of individual handset tracking process, the results of which are supposed to appear in my email "sometime in the next 72 hours." The rep with whom I spoke said based on what she was seeing/hearing on her end that there was no way it would arrive today (Friday), and that it appeared to her that the devices may indeed be backordered, and that just hasn't been noted in their computer system yet. Hooray.

Last edited by kathrynhr; 09-15-2006 at 07:50 AM..
Old 09-15-2006, 08:20 AM   #19
somarpro
Thumbs Must Hurt

That's bad! When I was on the phone with the rep I asked if they had it in stock and she said "yes!, it's a new item and we have plenty to serve our customers." I might not wait until Monday to call I just might call and cancel today.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:14 AM   #20
dtjay7

Carrier: t-mobile

I just spoke with customer service and they confirmed my fears, it hasn't shipped yet. So, I won't be getting it today. I was in the store yesterday and looked at it, but since I had ordered online I decided to wait and be patient. Now, I get to go back to the store which is 40 miles away. I even called yesterday while I was at the store to check and make sure it had shipped and they assured me that it would be here today. Very dissapointing!!! Good luck to everyone else.ssssssssssss
Closed Thread