dmiller1856
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: ASK
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srotman View Post
The current version DOES display entire articles. There are some instances where it will only show an excerpt or summary and then you need to click Menu>Full Article to see it, but that has NOTHING to do with Viigo. It's the admin of that particular blog who has chosen to have a "<more>" tag in his RSS feed that tells the RSS reader to show an excerpt and then have to click further to read the entire article.

And yes, it is worth downloading if you want the latest version. But overall there are no improvements over the current as of yet.
I tried going to Menu>Full Article on several different feeds and it brought up a screen in plain text of just the titles of the last 10 or so entries... The actual full article doesn't come up. Oh well...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #42
Gkins3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 24B4032B
Carrier: T-Mobile
Cool Viigo

Great looking upgrade on an already great app! No stability or bugs to note as of yet for me. The weather is a great addition!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #43
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

I have found what I perceive to be a bug in the 'email this story' process. I have some entries in my address book that contain more than one email address... and no matter what you do, you cannot send the link to other than the first email address in the address book entry. Even if you select the secondary or tertiary email address, the note is still sent to the primary email address.

The only workaround is to manually enter the email address by hand - not selecting an entry from your address book.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:45 PM   #44
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Yes, I'm able to duplicate that. When I select the second email, it still fills in as the first. I never even noticed and I have sent articles via email this last week. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:51 PM   #45
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiller1856 View Post
Are the sports scores anywhere close to real-time?
Yes. The scores are as close if not closer to real time than ESPN from what I observed at least with the Boston-Cleveland Game 7.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:48 PM   #46
fonejunkie
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonbk View Post
Has anyone found problems with stability? crashes?
I usually avoid beta versions. When I was working for a software developer, it seemed that beta versions were really alphas. Rush to get out so you look good and let your customers do the testing for you. Since then, I tend to avoid betas, but if this one seems stable, I may take the plunge.
So far (5+ days) I have found it to be very stable. I have not encountered any issues except the one noted above about emailing an article...
Old 05-19-2008, 04:13 AM   #47
srotman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
I have found what I perceive to be a bug in the 'email this story' process. I have some entries in my address book that contain more than one email address... and no matter what you do, you cannot send the link to other than the first email address in the address book entry. Even if you select the secondary or tertiary email address, the note is still sent to the primary email address.

The only workaround is to manually enter the email address by hand - not selecting an entry from your address book.

This bug is NOT unique to this beta version and should not be reason to avoid using the beta. This bug is known by Viigo and is present on the standard release versions as well. I reported it to Viigo a number of months back and they responded saying they knew about it and that it's apparently a limitation of the BlackBerry OS and that they were working with RIM to figure something out.

I gather they haven't done so yet...

What I've been doing is just looking at the list of email addresses that come up for a stored contact and memorize the one I want because in the case that it's not the first email, I'll have to manually enter it in instead.

Sucks for now, but I'm sure they'll figure it out soon enough.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #48
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: ?

Is anyone having issues with the Update All Channels option? I will do this option, and once it is done updating all channels, I will notice that some feeds do not have any new articles, so I update just that feed, and then there are new articles.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #49
fonejunkie
Just me

This bug has definitely not stopped me from using the Viigo application. As I said above, aside from the email bug, I have found this to be pretty much rock solid.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #50
fonejunkie
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
Nice but I hate how Viigo wastes space on top with wide header!

Also, needs an option to mark ALL articles read within a category like Free news does.

Cheers
Found another way to mark ALL articles read:

With the category open, scroll to the date header (TODAY, specific date or OLDER) and press the context menu key.

Now simply select MARK PRIOR OPENED or DELETE PRIOR. If you are on the TODAY header the action will be applied to all articles in the category. If you are on a specific date or OLDER, the action will be applied to that point and all previous to that point.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #51
evilcaptain

Model: 9700

Nice find. This is a great app. I am loving it more. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #52
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Everything is working well for me, but that Audio & Podcast section is what I really want. Great App made even better.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #53
squeff

Model: 8830
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber9583 View Post
Is anyone having issues with the Update All Channels option? I will do this option, and once it is done updating all channels, I will notice that some feeds do not have any new articles, so I update just that feed, and then there are new articles.

Anyone else experience this?
I went back-and-forth with the Viigo CEO on this one. He considers it "feature" to save people money who aren't on unlimited data plans. At this time, it appears that they have no immediate plans to change this.

Basically, Viigo is not intended to have up-to-the-minute information. All but the most popular feeds don't get updated to their servers very often. It can be hours (or even a day) before a less popular feed gets sent to their server... and then to your device.

When you update a single feed, they go to the feed's source to force an update. They say that if they allowed this on the "Update All" (especially the automatic one), there would simply be too much data (for their server or for customers on non-unlimited plans).

This is the key reason that I'm not using Viigo.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #54
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

this seems a bit bloated for me - I hope they keep a basic version available
Old 05-19-2008, 11:11 AM   #55
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeff View Post
I went back-and-forth with the Viigo CEO on this one. He considers it "feature" to save people money who aren't on unlimited data plans. At this time, it appears that they have no immediate plans to change this.

Basically, Viigo is not intended to have up-to-the-minute information. All but the most popular feeds don't get updated to their servers very often. It can be hours (or even a day) before a less popular feed gets sent to their server... and then to your device.

When you update a single feed, they go to the feed's source to force an update. They say that if they allowed this on the "Update All" (especially the automatic one), there would simply be too much data (for their server or for customers on non-unlimited plans).

This is the key reason that I'm not using Viigo.

Wow...great information. I cant say that i'm happy about it though. For users that have a lot of feeds this can be a major pain! I need to go back and test Freerange and verify that it is updating all of my feeds correctly. What a shame...i love this program.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #56
Cilraaz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Another issue I found (on top of the email one mentioned above) was that when my connection type was set to "Auto", I would continually timeout. When I manually set it to "BIS-B", it worked fine.

Curve 8310
AT&T
OS 4.2.2.194

I'll also email it into the Viigo team, but just wanted to put a heads up here in case anyone else had the same issue.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:56 PM   #57
davidlleroy

PIN: 301880B6

I can't seem to find my user ID or password to log in. If I click on "forgot ID or password" it asks for my email address which it says they have no record of. Do I just have to start over!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #58
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

yeah, just start over. Unless you had a lot of custom added feeds it's no big deal.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #59
davidlleroy

PIN: 301880B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
yeah, just start over. Unless you had a lot of custom added feeds it's no big deal.
Thanks. Not a big deal I guess.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #60
gameboy213

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Anybody get this working on a 4.3 device yet? It crashes my Curve on install.
Closed Thread