BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
bdpayne

Model: n/a
Default sync 8800 with mac?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm looking at getting an 8800 soon and was curious if anyone out there has been able to get it to sync with their Mac. I'd appreciate any success or failure stories, to get a sense of the level of functionality available. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
nef
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: 240c22c
Carrier: AT&T

I have an 8800 and have synced it with my PPC Mac-Mini. Downloaded PocketMac 4.0 from the BB website, install reboot and sync. Very iSync looking and decent set of options. Many options. So far I'm a happy camper.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:22 AM   #3
bdpayne

Great to hear, thanks for the update!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:34 AM   #4
williamjsquier

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

"I have an 8800 and have synced it with my PPC Mac-Mini. Downloaded PocketMac 4.0 from the BB website, install reboot and sync. Very iSync looking and decent set of options. Many options. So far I'm a happy camper."

Hello. Do you know what to do if when I connect my blackberry to my mac it does not show up in the pocketmac sync manager? Pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. It says "Device: (blank)" and "Status: Available."

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:48 AM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

William,
Welcome to the forums. I am not a mac guy so can't help you with your problem. I just thought I'd point out what the small button with the exclamation point at the bottom left of all the posts does. It sends an email to all the moderators of the forum to report someones bad post. Since this is a Blackberry Forum, most of us get emails on our Blackberries, some at all hours of the night because we are on call for our jobs, etc. Please don't use it for sending requests for help with a Blackberry problem.

Welcome, enjoy the forums....and one of you mac users, give williamjsquier some help with his BB and his Mac!!

Thanks!

JC
Old 03-13-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
zentient

Model: 8800g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question Any issues with PocketMac or syncing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nef
I have an 8800 and have synced it with my PPC Mac-Mini. Downloaded PocketMac 4.0 from the BB website, install reboot and sync. Very iSync looking and decent set of options. Many options. So far I'm a happy camper.
I'm glad to hear it's going well for you. I've read that PocketMac doesn't sync tasks perfectly, something about missing dates. Is that true?
Is there anything else that's not working?
I've also read that Mac users are SOL because they can't upgrade the BB OS or use a Desktop manager without Windows; is this true?

I hope to soon be an 8800 owner who syncs with a Mac, so I want to know what I'm getting in to. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:18 PM   #7
ezratrice

Hi. I'm new to these forums.
Just bought an 8800 (my 1st bb) and I cannot get pocketmac to transfer my address book.

It transferred my calender ok.

The usb is connected directly to the G5 (no hub)

I plug it in and the bb says connected to the computer.

When I hit sync it runs for a minute and then tells ne there is no connection to the BB.

I have it connected via usb.
It is also paired via Bluetooth.

I was able to transfer an mp3 but cannot get the address book over.
I have not changed any system settinngs on the 8800 at all.
Have rebooted both and removed battery and sim card per instructions from cingular customer service.

Any suggestions would be great.

Love the phone, but hate this problem.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #8
williamjsquier

Unhappy No luck here syncing with 8800 and MAC

Couldn't get it to sync with PocketMac.
Was put through to RIM customer service through Cingular and after some work the tech got me syncing.
It is now 2 days later and I can't sync again.
Called RIM cs and was told that the 8800 is not supported with PocketMac.

Love my 8800. I only wish that when I told Cingular that I had a MAC they would have told me that there is no way to sync. Glad I spent $300 for a PDA that I can't get my data on and can't sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpayne
I'm looking at getting an 8800 soon and was curious if anyone out there has been able to get it to sync with their Mac. I'd appreciate any success or failure stories, to get a sense of the level of functionality available. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:30 AM   #9
bdpayne

I got my 8800 about one week ago, and this is my first bb. I had heard enough bad things about pocketmac that I decided to go with a different solution. I trying the missing sync for blackberry from Mark Space (which is currently available in beta). It seems to work great for me. You might want to give it a try.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:30 AM   #10
zentient

Model: 8800g
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjsquier
Love my 8800. I only wish that when I told Cingular that I had a MAC they would have told me that there is no way to sync. Glad I spent $300 for a PDA that I can't get my data on and can't sync.
From what I've read, Macs can sync. Both PocketMac and MissingSync are coming out with new versions soon, too. You should also take a glance at this other good forum, too: blackberryforums.pinstack.com.
As far as I can tell, other folks are getting this to work, and I'm betting on it as I'll be trying 8800-Mac syncing starting next week (I hope!).
Closed Thread