BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
MasterMerlin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 24A826A3
Carrier: AT&T
Unhappy How to NOT display multiple calendars???

Please Login to Remove!

I'm a little stumped. I recently switched from a Curve to a Bold and did not have this problem with the Curve. I'm using AT&T on BIS and I have installed the latest OS.

Herein lies my problem. When I go to my calendar I show three events, two entries from the default and one from Gmail. I originally had four, one for each email address but I deleted the service books for the others. I can pick the Gmail calendar from the "display calendars" but once I close it, it defaults back to "display all". I have set the calendar to Gmail in the default services and looked at every option I can think of. I use the Google Sync to keep my Google Calendars up to date and not the sync option in the DM.

For the life of me I can seem to find what I have done wrong with the switch from the Curve to the Bold. I did use the DM switch device option when I made the change.

This is very annoying and I would love to find a way to change it back to only one calendar. Please help and guide me in the correct direction. The search did not prove to be helpful in this issue.

Thanks,

John
Old 03-31-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

From what I am aware, it will show all calendars when opening, and you cannot set it to show just one, if you have multiple calendars.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 03-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
MasterMerlin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightdraven View Post
From what I am aware, it will show all calendars when opening, and you cannot set it to show just one, if you have multiple calendars.
Thanks for the reply! This is not what I really wanted to hear. I guess somehow I have managed to get my calendar listings linked to the default from Gmail.

Oh well I guess I'll learn to live with it.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

If you wanted all appointments (regardless of the calendar they are on) to only be on the one calendar, just open easch appointment and change the "send using" option to the one calendar you want to see.
But I don't think this is what you meant.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 03-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
MasterMerlin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well you are correct in the fact that I only want to see one calendar. I use the Google Calendar and Google Sync to keep my desktop / laptop and BB up to date. Currently somehow I have managed to get the Google appointments showing up in the default calendar twice. So when I open the calendar I see for example: EVOC 8-5 (default color), EVOC 8-5 (default color), EVOC 8-5 (Gmail color).

Does this make more sense?
Old 03-31-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

yes, it does.
you should be able to merely delete the appointments that are replicated.
Look in the google sync options, near the bottom it mentions which calendars to sync, click and it should bring up a new screen and mention about where to put them, make sure this is the calendar associated with your email address and it should therefore sync only once with email calendar, and not add to the device default.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
MasterMerlin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Midnight we were on the same page!!! I went back in to the options and did exactly that. I decided to bring in the "Medieval Barber" and cut and hack the calendar and then try a re-sync. That worked. I did have to manually delete quite a few of the "default" entries, but when I re-synced everything worked out wonderfully.

Thanks for your help and replies!!!

Cheers
Old 03-31-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
Schu
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Wirelessly posted

I too had this same problem. For me what worked well was using the blackberry desktop manager to delete all the calendars and then using google sync on the blackberry now everything works great.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:17 PM   #9
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Not a problem.
=]

Old 03-31-2009, 05:58 PM   #10
Nikon1

Carrier: ATT [UL]

I, too, have this problem - but I don't use Google to sync my calendars. I currently have 4 email accounts on my Bold - but don't want any of them to have anything to do with my calendar. Any advice as to how to clear all 4 of the e-mail calendars out?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:41 PM   #11
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

go to options-advanced-service book and find any entries like: email address1 [CICAL]. These are the service books for the calendars.
Delete these and you'll be fine.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #12
Nikon1

Carrier: ATT [UL]

Thank you, Midnightdraven! Followed your suggestion - Problem solved!
Closed Thread