Old 12-18-2006, 07:30 PM   #1
jhzafrani
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Default 8703e and MercedesBenz CLS550

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,

I just got a Mercedes Benz CLS550 and was wondering if anyone was using the 8703e with the MB Bluetooth connection kit?

MB does not list the 8703e as being compatible with their kit, but does list other blackberrys (mostly 7200 series).

Thanks in advanced,

Jim Z.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
mark0341
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
PIN: E Tree's
Carrier: Verizon

If you can't use the MB Bluetooth connection kit. Sell the Mercedes Benz CLS550, but keep the BlackBerry 8703e. HeHe

Sweet ride just joking around.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
neal Shields

Model: 8700

My 8700 works but my wife's does not. Hers has the firewall settings locked by the company she works for. To get mine to work I just turned the firewall off.

On hers things work fine with incomming calls but it drops the hands free connection after about 5 seconds on outgoing calls. (This is all using bluetooth not a cradle)

The system is really neat when it works but I ended up haveing to get a second phone for her car so she now has a blackberry with one number that she carries and a second phone that I have just hidden in the car. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of bluetooth.

I strongly suggest that you take the car and try it first.

I spent about a week figuring out why my wife's wouldn't work and got no useful help from Mercedes, the dealership or Cingular.

Once you try to use a phone that they don't list and their list is several years behind the times, they don't feel any obligation to offer any help other than to buy a phone that you don't want and in my case wouldn't sinc up to her company's computer.

I strongly suspect that even buying an approved Blackberry wouldn't help in my suitation because the problem seems to be the Blackberry Enterprise settings not the hardware. I fully understand the IT peoples position and I wouldn't even ask them to turn the firewall off on her phone even if they were dumb enough to entertain the idea.

Sinse it works for a short period of time I suspect that the Mercedes Puck could be reprogramed to not require a periodic "handshake" with the phone but given my experience with Mercedes I don't think getting phones that they don't sell to work with their cars, is ever going to be a high priority for them so don't hold your breath.
Closed Thread