Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
Kul
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
Carrier: Vodafone (UK)
Default Enterprise Activation Question

Please Login to Remove!

I currently doing a migration from BES 3.6 to BES 4.0, normally I delete the user from 3.6 and add them to 4.0 and goto properties and enter their password for activation.

I then enter the SMTP of the user and the activation password on the device to start the activation process. Which works fine. But I have noticed sometimes that once I activate the user on the BES server and dont do anything on the device the activation process infact starts automatically.

Is this normal ?, what causing this to activate ? whats is the difference between when I enter the email address and when it automatically starts.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:59 AM   #2
exiled
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kul
I currently doing a migration from BES 3.6 to BES 4.0, normally I delete the user from 3.6 and add them to 4.0 and goto properties and enter their password for activation.

I then enter the SMTP of the user and the activation password on the device to start the activation process. Which works fine. But I have noticed sometimes that once I activate the user on the BES server and dont do anything on the device the activation process infact starts automatically.

Is this normal ?, what causing this to activate ? whats is the difference between when I enter the email address and when it automatically starts.
I've never seen that happen, i've activated about 280 devices and i've never seen one start automatically..
Old 11-17-2005, 11:03 AM   #3
Kul

This has happened to me about 3 times, on 7100 and 7790 (I think) and 7230
Old 11-20-2005, 05:05 AM   #4
Natrone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: AT&T

I have seen this a few times when you don't delete the subfolders from their exchange mailbox and keep their statistics when adding them to the new 4.0 server. I call it a fluke and dismiss it. I've never found a pattern.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:03 PM   #5
MobileRC

Model: 8300
Carrier: Rogers

ive seen that happen if they plug in to their pc .. the trust is established so even when they unplug and walk away it activates
Old 11-27-2005, 09:33 AM   #6
rajkan_!9
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290

We had upgraded from bes 3.6 to bes 4 withoug having to delete and add the users as we did not wanna down time as we have 1000 users altogether....

I run 4 BES Servers and consolidated their DB in to a single remote DB ... upgraded the DB for BES 4 installation and then ran besmigration.exe... and then upgraded the latest version of software....

Upon reboot i found the device started the EA automatically...... even now when i do a wipe of handheld or reflash of the device once the device comes up EA starts automatically and finishes.... this is by default i think....... i have also been told that it is.... its a surprise to me that it has never happened for u... but i would want this to be manual and not automatic.... i would love to know what to do for manual...

Raj
Old 11-30-2005, 04:30 AM   #7
Kul

All I do is add the user to BES, get the properties of this user and click on set activation password. enter a password and click ok.

then on the device, goto setting and scroll to Enterprise activation. enter the users email address and the password you entered above. press teh wheel and click activate.

this should start the activation process.
Closed Thread