Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
qxl

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Question How to wipe EVERYTHING???

Please Login to Remove!

Im completely new to the blackberrys, i looked round everywere and found all sorts of help and tips, what happened was Ive only just got my bb and have been downloading all sorts of rubbish from appworld but all of a sudden, everything was running slower, even chanaging menus was slow.

i had around 100mb free space on the phone so it wasnt to do with that

I deleted some of the apps i didnt want, but when the handheld reset, they were still there but saying archived with the green arrow. First i just deleted them from the handheld, next time i went into appworld/myworld and deleted them from there, they said uninstalled on the list but were still showing on the phone..............

next my emails were taking between 15 and 30mins to come through, i read that hotmail accounts take that long anyway but the first few days of having the phone they were coming through within 5 - 10 seconds

so i looked round about how to do a factory reset........i done it with BBSAK but when the handheld restarted the archive things were still there!!!!!!!!! everything else was cleared but the archive icons were still there!!!!!!

so next i done a wipe and put the latest os i could get from my provider on, this time everything was gone, i went to the email setup and deleted my account, then set it up again, now im getting everything within seconds again (hotmail and facebook)

IS there any other way of deleteing apps and not leaving a trace of them on the phone?????? i thought delete was delete, lol but obviously not.

so im just into my 2nd week of blackberry experience and need to know if there is any way of getting rid of apps properly!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

1. On the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > Security Options > General Settings.
2. Open the menu and select Wipe Handheld.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
qxl

yea i know thats what i did to wipe the whole phone and install the new OS. They were gone after i went through all that but thats a bit extreme if you mess round installing things to see what they are like.

Isnt there a way to just delete apps and leave no trace of them, i.e. not leaving an icon from them saying archived????

thanks for the reply by the way
Old 11-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Your archived apps in App World have nothing to do with your hotmail BIS accounts taking 15 minutes to push to your device. The two issues are not related.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #5
qxl

wasnt sure if it was just some big conjoined problem lol just wasnt sure with the phone slowing down, emails taking forever etc

well its all back and running perfectly now anyway :D hopefully it stays like that
Closed Thread