Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
sepandee

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Default Some phone #s not syncing

Please Login to Remove!

I'm pretty new to the BB world. I'm trying to transfer all my contacts from Address Book to my blackberry, but for some bizarre reason some of the phone numbers are not transfered. So while I see the contact Jane Smith on my blackberry, there's no phone number in that contact despite the fact that her phone number does appear in Address Book.

What gives? Thanks.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
sepandee

Default Re: Some phone #s not syncing

Hundreds of views and no one knows what's going on?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
sepandee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizworldusa9 View Post
I'm trying to transfer all my contacts from Address Book to my blackberry, but for some bizarre reason some of the phone numbers are not transfered. So while I see the contact Jane Smith on my blackberry, there's no phone number in that contact despite the fact that her phone number does appear in Address Book.

regards,
Bizworldusa.
Good luck getting an answer. I'm the OP. Tried several different forums, even sent a complaint to blackberry. In sum, a terrible company (and I say this as a Canadian) with sub-par . I really hope they figure their stuff out and come back strong, but that seems unlikely.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

What is the "Address Book" and what are you doing to "transfer" the data to the BlackBerry? For example, are you trying to sync Outlook address book with the BlackBerry using the BlackBerry Desktop Software (aka Desktop Manager)? Or are you tring to sync Google data with the BlackBerry? What?

The solution will likely depend on the specific details.

Until then, is there anything about the format of the phone numbers that don't transfer that is different? Anything that is different about the record for those contacts, such as the field in which the numbers are stored? Any error message? I'm wondering if there is something different about those numbers, or the record, that the protocol or the BlackBerry can't deal with. It would be nice if there is an error message.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
sepandee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
What is the "Address Book" and what are you doing to "transfer" the data to the BlackBerry? For example, are you trying to sync Outlook address book with the BlackBerry using the BlackBerry Desktop Software (aka Desktop Manager)? Or are you tring to sync Google data with the BlackBerry? What?

The solution will likely depend on the specific details.

Until then, is there anything about the format of the phone numbers that don't transfer that is different? Anything that is different about the record for those contacts, such as the field in which the numbers are stored? Any error message? I'm wondering if there is something different about those numbers, or the record, that the protocol or the BlackBerry can't deal with. It would be nice if there is an error message.
Address Book is the mac program for storing contacts. When I sync my blackberry with my macbook I do it through BlackBerry Desktop Software, and the contacts that I have on my computer are stored in and viewable through Address Book.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no pattern in the empty contacts, none that I can figure out at least. I went through a dozen of them and didn't see anything. At first I thought that phone numbers in the format of +1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx were the ones that would show up empty on my phone, but that wasn't true.

And no error messages.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Well, darn. Plus, I know zero about macs.

Only one other idea from me. Try deleting those contacts and creating them again. And if that doesn't work, clear the address book on the BlackBerry and then re-sync one way computer -> BlackBerry. Maybe you've tried these steps as well.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I have one other idea. If you are not using the latest version of Desktop Manager, upgrade and test. If you are using the latest version, drop back to version 6 and test.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
poolbizz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: q30
PIN: g
Carrier: metro pcs

My 9360 does the same . I added my contacts one at a time then installed vmware to run windows and did a backup or you can buy a windows laptop ... RIP Rim

Last edited by poolbizz; 12-25-2012 at 08:41 AM..
Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Address Book on the Mac and the BB contact list are not friendly sometimes. The best fix I have found is to sync your contacts on the Mac to Google/Gmail and then use gmail contacts on the BB. I did that with the calendar as well.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread