BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:16 PM   #1
jimkuhr

Model: 7290
Default Flamingo and 7290; brief comments

Please Login to Remove!

Just received the new EarClick Flamingo Bluetooh Headset today and started using it with my BB 7290. No problems at all pairing it, the both incoming and outgoing voice quality seem to be good although there is not much range to the headset. I'd actually say anytime it's no more than 6 feet or so from the BB and the quality starts to fade pretty rapidly. I do like the way the headset sits in my ear, very secure (unlike my MH820) and pretty comfortable. I appreciated the different size pads used to secure the headset in your ear and think I'll need to spend a little time playing to pick exactly the right one.

Now the big question, would I recommend spending the bucks for this unit since it's quite a bit more expensive then a number of other headsets. The sound quality doesn't seem significantly better than my MH but I haven't had much time to get feedback from folks on the other end of the call yet. I do like the design of the unit a lot, no problems with glasses, a good weight, and secure in the ear, still I'm not sure that's worth the extra dollars either.

Bottom line is that this one would be a tough call to repeat, I think it's a very good headset but I wonder if some of the less expensive units would be just as good. In my case I couldn't stand the flopping around of the MH820 and wanted a unit that wouldn't interfer with my reading and sun glasses so that motivated my purchase but I'd recommend making sure you know why you are buying the Flamingo instead of a competing unit.

Feel free to let me know if there are any questions, I'll try to give an answers quickly. Hope this was of value and I'll post any updates as I continue to use the headset.

Jim
Old 05-24-2005, 11:26 PM   #2
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

Jim, I expect that range will depend on the handset. I tested beyond 30 ft with the 7100t though sound did deteriorate at about 15 ft. I think I posted a recording at various distances. Also, in my test environment I have a WiFi network and a server and two other computers running. I am not operating in a line of site either as I have to leave the room to get the distance. I will be interested to see how others using different handsets faired.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 05-25-2005, 08:27 AM   #3
jlopatin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I just ordered a flamingo to go with my verizon 7250. I am running the newer firmware from Earthlink. I will post my results as soon as I get the device.

I have tested the 7250 with a Motorola 820, and a Sony/ericcson h660?

Both worked quite well. I experienced no issues with the bluetooth at all.

I hope the Flamingo will work as well!
Old 05-26-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Zoinks
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

I recieved my FlaminGO last week. I've been very happy with it. I'll go as far as to say it is the best headset I've tried thus far.

I have found the range to be about 15-17 feet which is about average from what I've seen. The audio quality and volume are also reasonable.

I really like the earclick design. I wear glasses and since the headset goes inside the ear, I've had zero problems. Infact, I forget I'm wearing it sometimes. I scared the crap out of myself the first time I recieved a call and had it in my ear

Only problem; it looks like a black schlong hanging out of your ear.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:33 PM   #5
jlopatin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

my flamingo arrived today. It paired quickly and easily with my verizon 7250. I made and recieved some calls, and have been VERY impressed so far. It gets VERY loud, and it is easy to wear. It will be easy to forget it is hanging out of my ear!!

Anyway, I will post more as I use it.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:46 AM   #6
Minister Stanley
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 305C7DB6
Carrier: T-Mobile

For those of you who have had this for some time, how is the comfort for long-term where? I currently own both the Jabra BT250 and Logitech Cordless Freedom. The Logitech has better voice quality and noise cancelling, but the Jabra (although staticy) is very comfortable. Long term wearability is so important to me that I have to put up with the Jabra's shortcomings. I wear my Jabra for up to 10 hours at a time with not discomfort. Can the flamingo stand up to that kind of wear?
Closed Thread