Old 12-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Desktop Manager will not connect/detect my BB

Please Login to Remove!

Here are a few tips that may help if your PC is unable to detect your BlackBerry smartphone.

1. Install the desktop manager software – when installing the Desktop Manage software that came with your device be sure to Not have the BlackBerry connected to the computer during this process.

2. Always use the USB ports from the back of the computer; never use a USB hub or a docking station USB port.

3. If you have another UBS cable you can try doing that to make sure it is not the cable causing the issue.

4. If you are using a laptop computer disable the power management settings.
a. For Windows-XP and Vista do the following to disable power management on the USB ports
i. On the computer, right-click My Computer and select Properties.
ii. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
iii. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
iv. Right-click the USB Root Hub and select Properties.
v. Click the Power Management tab, and clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
vi. Click OK.
vii. Repeat steps i. through vi. for each USB Root Hub listed in BlackBerry Device Manager.

5. If you have uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop Manager Software trying using the following knowledge base article to do a “clean uninstall” of the software, KB02206-How to perform a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Desktop Software

6. The existing USB driver installed is for an earlier model of the BlackBerry smartphone.
a. Manually upgrade the USB driver for the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:
i. Right-click My Computer and select Properties > Hardware > Device Manager.
ii. Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, verify that the BlackBerry smartphone is found.
iii. If an exclamation mark is displayed, right-click the BlackBerry smartphone and select Update Driver.
iv. If the Hardware Update Wizard prompts you to use Windows Update, select No not this time and click Next.
v. Choose Install from a list or specific location and click Next.
vi. Choose Don't search. I will choose the driver to install and click Next.
vii. Click Have Disk and then choose Browse.
viii. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\USB Drivers.
ix. Double-click on RimUsbNT.inf, click OK, and then click Next.

7. If you have another PC try using that PC to see if you able to get the device connected

8. If you do not have another PC then try creating a new user account on the PC and then install the Desktop Manager software on that new profile.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
director59

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Desktop Manager will not connect/detect my BB

I have tried everything you listed, but I still get Media Services Failed to Load
An Unexpected error occurred.

Evrything else works but the music
Old 12-18-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
fdormoy

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers

I still have a problem. I am using a virtual PC installed in a MacPro through Parallels. When I connect my BB using the USB cable, the virtual PC recognises it as an external device. It seems to react to my command for synchronisation between the PC contact list and the BB. But when it starts the process of connecting, it does not work.
Can you tell me what would be the problem?
I am using tne Parallel version 3.0 build 5608. Would a later version definitively solve the problem ? I would not like to go through the hassle of upgrading Parallels if I am not sure it would solve the problem.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:46 AM   #4
bindyx

Model: 9100
Carrier: o2

to director

hi try uninstalling and then installing the bb desktop manager then hard reseting the device then updating to the most recent firmware then try again if all else fails contact your carrier

Last edited by bindyx; 12-24-2010 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: didnt put who was to
Old 12-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
nabicha

Model: 7100T
Carrier: student

it's very helpful thank you for all this information !!
Old 01-10-2011, 05:48 AM   #6
Anurag Agrawal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: NA
Carrier: VODAFONE
Smile Re: Desktop Manager will not connect/detect my BB

with BIS paln we cant connect or use the bb as a modem..... for that it required a gprs plan like i have vodafone sim card so i have VMC(vodafone mobile connect)for airtel airtel live.......then u will able to connect the bb wiyh laptop or pc......
Old 01-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
scurry88

Model: 9630
Carrier: 02

hi, ive got a blackberry 9630 bold and im trying to get it to connect to desktop manager , my pc (windows7) recognises it as a storage device but my blackberry desktop software does not pick it up. when i go to device manager in the pc it has a driver called MT6225 with a exclamation mark next to it ... im guessing this means im missing the driver... ive tried to download from blackberry to no avail.. im wanting to update the phones software.. can someone pleeeeeez help me before i go crazy! x im lost
x :(
Old 01-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
scurry88

Model: 9630
Carrier: 02
Smile Re: Desktop Manager will not connect/detect my BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry88 View Post
hi, ive got a blackberry 9630 bold and im trying to get it to connect to desktop manager , my pc (windows7) recognises it as a storage device but my blackberry desktop software does not pick it up. when i go to device manager in the pc it has a driver called MT6225 with a exclamation mark next to it ... im guessing this means im missing the driver... ive tried to download from blackberry to no avail.. im wanting to update the phones software.. can someone pleeeeeez help me before i go crazy! x im lost
x :(
by the way ive ried evrything from above listed~! xx
Old 02-15-2011, 12:50 AM   #9
wesware
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry88 View Post
by the way ive ried evrything from above listed~! xx
Try opening DM before connecting your device.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 02-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
fabianf

Model: 9800
Carrier: trigcom norway

to fdormoy:

I have exactly the same problem while running Parallels 6. So it has nothing to do with your version of Parallels. If there's anyone with tips, please share...
If i find something I'll post it...
Old 02-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #11
sujayshah

Model: 9700
Carrier: Vodafone India

Hey.. I tried the methods... and I connected it to an another PC and it got connected on the deskop manager. However its not working on my PC ...what steps have to be taken in order to solve this problem ?....
Old 03-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #12
juliranto

Model: 9500
Carrier: telkomsel

I charger helow.blackberry probelm coneksi cannot solutions... Thank you
Old 03-12-2011, 06:02 AM   #13
Amaara

Model: Storm

ii. Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, verify that the BlackBerry smartphone is found.

What do you do if the BB is not found here?
Old 03-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #14
Amaara

Model: Storm

I have tried to connect my new storm on 2 machines now. One is a older machine with an earlier version of DM. The other computer is a brand new install. On both machines, the DM software cannot recognize the Storm. The software runs fine until I try to close the application, and then it hangs and I have to kill it via Task Manager.

The cable is brand news out of the box. it charges the device.

On both machines, every time I plug the device in, the computer goes through the "found new hardware" wizard and tries to install new drivers.

I have gone through RIM's page on trouble-shooting. I have manually installed the drivers. The only thing I can see that is obvious is the fact that the BB is not listed under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers in Device Manager.

I would appreciate any help, because I have spent hours trying to fix this on my own now. My phone is useless if I cannot sync it. I traded in an Android Global 2 for this phone b/c I need my contacts and calendar above all. Now I wish I had just kept my 3 year old Curve with all the hassle...
Old 04-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #15
TamSh

Model: 9300
Carrier: Bell

I got a huge problem as in my PC will not even open the Black Berry Desktop interface software. This is what I get.....

602_b043_multilanguage.exe is not a valid Win32 application

The whole Black Berry Apps and so on is a royal pain in the rear end!!! I am so frustrated!
Would be nice if someone here could help solve this problem. I am adding stuff to my Black Berry by email it to myself but it would be nice if I could use the desk top interface.

Thanks for any assistance... Tam
Old 04-26-2011, 01:30 AM   #16
TamSh

Model: 9300
Carrier: Bell

Disregard my previous post asking for help, I have mangaged to solved my own problem...... Thank you anyways

Last edited by TamSh; 04-26-2011 at 01:31 AM..
Old 05-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #17
JJBauman

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Everyone who's tried to help on this problem has been great, but I can't seem to get any of the advice to take with my phone. So am giving up. I finally sent the following letter to the RIM brass, though it didn't make it. RIM just sent it back undelivered. Trying to get through to anyone in the company via email is just about impossible, it seems. I don't like being defeated, but this problem threatens to ruin my life.
Apologies for the length...
--------------------------------------
To whoever reads this (and I hope that includes Mr. Yach and Mr. Heins),

I updated the OS on my BB Bold 9700 on receipt of a broadcast email from RIM. The update caused me to lose connectivity with the Desktop Manager and I have spent no less than 15 hours trying to chase down a solution. I have read all available help files from RIM and from countless other users who've had the same problem and the same frustrations. I have done uninstalls and reinstalls of the software and the drivers, pulled batteries, rebooted dozens and dozens of times, and keep getting the message from Vista that it cannot recognize the USB drivers you make available.

It appears from the record that these problems with your USB drivers go back all the way to 2007 in one form or another. My particular problem has not only defeated me, but it appears to have also defeated many experts on the user's forum. You've had systems knowledgeable people saying that your programmers have turned out a junk product and don't know how to correct it.

The issue of buggy software aside, the larger issue to me is that you seem to let this problem persist and are doing nothing but relying on your user base to trial-and-error its way to a solution. Except the solution is not there; there are only reasonable guesses to what might work, and none of the guesses do work. I cannot see from any of the email trails any helpful information from your support staff. Indeed, it's not even evident from your web site that you have a support staff at all. There is no contact information, other than an unhelpful form to email to some unspecified staff with a 24 hour turnaround. And there is no phone support. This is not a service. It is a disservice.

I can face the consequences for breaking hardware and software when I do it myself, but I find it highly objectionable to be punished for the damaged goods that a technology company foists off on me. As much as I've liked the BB when it worked, my eroded confidence says it would not be a good idea to stick with your product line any longer.

Last edited by JJBauman; 05-25-2011 at 07:08 PM..
Old 05-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #18
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930

How could an issue with your cell phone "threaten to ruin your life"?? That's beyond bizarre and seemingly ludicrous. I get the point that you are frustrated with the device operation currently, but "ruining your life"? Please.

Spending "15 hours trying to chase down a solution" doesn't seem a very long time. You are giving up and saying that you are "defeated" after working on it for a such a short time. If that's the case, it must not really be that important after all.

And I'm pretty sure that no one "foisted" anything on you. The device was a choice. Updating the software was a choice.

Have you tried other computers? Have you tried wiping with JL_Cmdr? BBSAK?

And lastly, of course, this site isn't connected with RIM, so posting your rant here isn't likely to reach "RIM brass".

But good luck.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:37 AM   #19
Blackberrydoc

Model: 8300
Carrier: verizon

I tried all the above,
install/unistall.
Reboot, new cables.
Nothing worked.

Until I noted that where the usb cable, short end entered the blackberry, that the connection seemed loose.
I took some pliers and gently squeezed the connector end on the usb cable that inserts into the blackberry to creat a more snug fit (so the "female end on the cable was pressed in slightly to make a better attachment with the male end found within the blackberry) and finally resolved the issue.

The device was finally recognized and syncs were successful.

It appeared the problem was that the part within the blackberry somehow did not seem to get a snug fit. Rather than manipulate the blackberry, I found that gently creating a tighter fit on the usb cable at the small end that attaches to the blackberry (not the larger one to the computer) that the problem of not recognizing the device was resolved.
Hope this helps you.
blackberrydoc
Old 06-09-2011, 01:21 AM   #20
softy
No longer Registered.

Model: 2450
Carrier: ghhf

I have tried everything you listed, but I still get Media Services Failed to Load
An Unexpected error occurred.

Evrything else works but the mus