BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
robots_are_neon

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default BBM + call history ISSUES!!!!!

Please Login to Remove!

first of all, i searched for this and nothing really came up, I apologize in advance if this is a repost

let me say I have had the 8800 since the day before it came out. I have had zero problems with, absolutely flawless

all of the sudden, I noticed the OS being incredibly slow, it needed to use the hour glass for everything.

Then it got back to normal speed but issues with bbm began, it will tell me I have a new bbm, and show it in the inbox, but in the app: nothing, it doesnt show the actual message. That plus it erases the histories every hour or so.

on top of this it has the same issues that the 8100 have had is now happening to my 8800, it also erases my call history.

I have not installed any third party software or custom themes, my BB is the way it came out of the box, plus I have turned on mass media storage and I have a 512 micro sd in there.

Any help would be greatly appriciated. I use BBM so much to communicate with clients and my partners, so this needs to be resolved!!!

thank you
Old 03-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #2
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Did you use the switch device wizard when moving to the new handheld?

If so, and there was something corrupt on your Pearl, it apparently made it on to the backup that you restored to the 8800.

Advice? Wipe and reload, but don't restore your backup...start from scratch. It will be a pain for a while, but in the long run, your problem should be solved.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:46 AM   #3
robots_are_neon

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I appriciate that advice and am going to try it, but just for the record, I never owned a pearl, I was only referencing that common problem on them. My 8800 was fresh and new with no carry over luggage
Old 03-16-2007, 02:16 AM   #4
Rebel XT
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

[on the pearl currently ] I sometimes get the call history erased bug, and it annoys the hell out of me. Especially when I have to call customers back and the only number i have from them was from when they called earlier in the day.

My pearl is also all of a sudden VERY SLOW. I can especially notice it while in an app like Brickbreaker and it's not running smoothly....

Help!
Closed Thread