Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
roveer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextel
Default Almost there. Bes 12 activation fails on password

Please Login to Remove!

I'm trying to activate a Q10 on my test server. I set the activation password and start the activation on the q10 it does all kinds of things and then says my email my not be trusted (cert?) then it asks for the email address and password. that's where it fails. It says "your account information for account (work - [email address] has changed or is incorrect. Update your login information and try again.

Where am I going wrong?

Close, so close...
Old 08-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #2
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors
Default Re: Almost there. Bes 12 activation fails on password

are you connected to license infrastructure?

is it a home grown cert or a real one?
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:12 PM   #3
roveer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post
are you connected to license infrastructure?

is it a home grown cert or a real one?
Self generated cert. not sure what connected to license infrastructure means.

In simplest terms. I set up a test server, installed all the updates, got a working user and mailbox, installed BES 12 and that's where I am.

Also just found this in the log: 2015-08-10T23:30:51.556-04:00 - BGS {15} - INFO There are no mailboxes provided by BES Core for EAS devices sync.

Do I have an access/rights problem?

Thinking about uninstalling BES12 and re-installing. Can't say that I followed exact instructions the first time around. That's why I'm in test. Working out all the bugs in my methods before I go to production.

Roveer
Old 08-11-2015, 03:44 PM   #4
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

you should create the BESAdmin account that the manual shows
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #5
roveer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post
you should create the BESAdmin account that the manual shows
I uninstalled the BES 12 server and tried (unsuccessfully) to reinstall per the instructions.

I am working with Small Business Server 2011 and installing BES 12 on same.

What I am seeing is that I can sucessfully install BES 12 using the admin account, but I know that is not the correct way.

If I try to install by first setting up the BES12Admin account I run into the following problems:

1. I create the BESAdmin12 account, assign it a pw, tell it to never expire, not to change at first login. That all works.

2. I do not have a local policy under computer management so I am forced to use GPEDIT.MSC in order to "run as service", I add the BES12Admin account and it throws an error saying it can't modify the local policy (or something similar). Going back into the list of objects to run as service it does show the BES12Admin account.

Trying to install BES 12 fails when it tries to set up the SQL database (connect to existing), but if I do the same with the Administrator Account it succeeds.

I think in the end my BES12Admin account is not connecting to the SQL instance. This may be related to the fact that I am using SBS?

Since I've been messing around pretty heavily I think I'm going to do a full server reinstall and try again. As much as I don't want to go through all the updates again, every time I do this I'm gaining experience so I will get it right for production.

Unless there are any ideas on this instance, I think a re-install might fair better now that I'm following exact BES instructions.

-----[edit]-----

I went into SQL MGMT Studio and added my BES12Admin account to the database and gave it all kinds of permissions. Now the BES installer is running. This is encouraging. Install completed. Let's see how far I get this time...

Roveer

Last edited by roveer; 08-11-2015 at 05:27 PM..
Old 08-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #6
roveer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roveer View Post
I went into SQL MGMT Studio and added my BES12Admin account to the database and gave it all kinds of permissions. Now the BES installer is running. This is encouraging. Install completed. Let's see how far I get this time...

Roveer
I thought I was getting somewhere. I was able to install sucessfully with the BES12Admin account but I'm still failing on the device with the same workplace password issue. Time to call BB.

-----EDIT-----

AAAHHHH!!!! I'm there. It activated... Now the big question. I started looking for the support number for BB and determined it might be harder to get them on the phone that it would be to just solve the problem... I went back into the email profile in BES Administration and started looking everything over carefully. In the second section of the config there is a field called "Account Name". I believe I had the word "work" in there. Looking at the bubble help it should have the user name %UserName% variable. I changed that, tried another activation and this time it worked.

Now, it was either that or I messed around with certificates for an house

or

I added the BES12Admin user to every group I possibly could.

I'd like opinions on what fixed my problem.

I'm probably going to tear it all down again and start over so I can really figure it out.

Roveer

Last edited by roveer; 08-11-2015 at 08:08 PM..
Closed Thread