Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
CanadianThomas

Model: 9810
PIN: PM me
Carrier: Bell
Default I'm an Apple tech/user switching to BlackBerry

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone, CanadianThomas is me and I am him. I've been an Apple user since forever, When I found out Lisa was coming home to stay I was very excited, If you know what I mean you understand how long it has been. I was a BlackBerry user a long time ago but when the first iPhone was released I had one and have had one ever since, until now that is.

It was purchasing the PlyBook on sale (my son always has our iPad) and then learning about Bridge, SMS Bridge and then all about OS 2 that made me think of switching. I got a 9300 Curve 3G and liked it enough to sell the iPhone and make the switch. I wanted an OS 7 phone so I got rid of the Curve and tried a Torch 9860, wow in my view that phone should never have been made (I know 7.1 as made a big difference in the software and in particular the keyboard) but for me it was missing out on most of the BlackBerry strengths, the keyboard for the best messaging experience there is and the nice one handed use the traditional BlackBerry form factor is amazing for.

So I now have a Torch 9810 and I love it. What a great phone. I am tempted to switch to a 9900 as I am now writing my blog on the phone exclusively and that keyboard would be soooo nice.

Anyway, thats me and my journey back to RIM. if you feel like reading about my switch to BB and I hope you do, check out my blog (I can't post links until I have made 15 posts here so to find the blog please click my name, the address is in my profile) its very pro BlackBerry as am I.

Chat soon.

Thomas.

Last edited by CanadianThomas; 01-26-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Old 01-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint
Default Re: I'm an Apple tech/user switching to BlackBerry

Ummmm... welcome.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 01-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Welcome to BBF and to the BB world (again).

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Welcome to the forums. I think
Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
johnherdman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9360
PIN: 28D9B16C
Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianThomas View Post
Hi everyone, CanadianThomas is me and I am him. I've been an Apple user since forever, When I found out Lisa was coming home to stay I was very excited, If you know what I mean you understand how long it has been. I was a BlackBerry user a long time ago but when the first iPhone was released I had one and have had one ever since, until now that is.

It was purchasing the PlyBook on sale (my son always has our iPad) and then learning about Bridge, SMS Bridge and then all about OS 2 that made me think of switching. I got a 9300 Curve 3G and liked it enough to sell the iPhone and make the switch. I wanted an OS 7 phone so I got rid of the Curve and tried a Torch 9860, wow in my view that phone should never have been made (I know 7.1 as made a big difference in the software and in particular the keyboard) but for me it was missing out on most of the BlackBerry strengths, the keyboard for the best messaging experience there is and the nice one handed use the traditional BlackBerry form factor is amazing for.

So I now have a Torch 9810 and I love it. What a great phone. I am tempted to switch to a 9900 as I am now writing my blog on the phone exclusively and that keyboard would be soooo nice.

Anyway, thats me and my journey back to RIM. if you feel like reading about my switch to BB and I hope you do, check out my blog (I can't post links until I have made 15 posts here so to find the blog please click my name, the address is in my profile) its very pro BlackBerry as am I.

Chat soon.

Thomas.
LOL thats 2 apple techs that have switched ....... Maybe RIM is doing something right ! !
Closed Thread