Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
jwchuah

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Blackberry Facebook SDK throwing exception: NoClassDefFoundError

Please Login to Remove!

I'm coding for a Blackberry app using the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse v1.5.2 with JRE 7.1.0. I'm currently trying to integrate Facebook Connect into my app so that the users can log into our app through Facebook. The Blackberry Facebook SDK that I'm using is version 0.8.25 downloaded from here: sourceforge.net/projects/facebook-bb-sdk/ After getting the two jar files, FacebookBlackberrySDK-v0.8.25.jar and Log4B-v0.9.4.jar I first preverified them with eclipse successfully and included them into my project as libraries. The project compiled successfully but then I got a run time error: NoClassDefFoundError. After debugging, I found out that the exception was thrown at this line: fb = Facebook.getInstance(new ApplicationSettings(NEXT_URL, APPLICATION_ID, APPLICATION_SECRET, Facebook.Permissions.ALL_PERMISSIONS)); and I suspect that the program couldn't find the file Facebook.class below is my source code:

package com.nextmobile.ecourage.net;

import com.blackberry.facebook.ApplicationSettings; import com.blackberry.facebook.Facebook;

public class FacebookLogin
{
private final String NEXT_URL = "[the facebook url]"; private final String APPLICATION_ID = "153555168010272"; private final String APPLICATION_SECRET = "354f91a79c8fe5a8de9d65b55ef9aa1b"; private Facebook fb; private Facebook fb4u;

public FacebookLogin()
{
fb = Facebook.getInstance(new ApplicationSettings(NEXT_URL, APPLICATION_ID, APPLICATION_SECRET, Facebook.Permissions.ALL_PERMISSIONS));
fb4u = Facebook.getInstance(new ApplicationSettings(NEXT_URL, APPLICATION_ID, APPLICATION_SECRET, Facebook.Permissions.USER_DATA_PERMISSIONS));
fb4u.addPermission(Facebook.Permissions.OFFLINE_AC CESS);
}
}

p/s: the forum does not allow me to post any url

So I replaced those lines with only this line of code: new ApplicationSettings(NEXT_URL, APPLICATION_ID, APPLICATION_SECRET, Facebook.Permissions.ALL_PERMISSIONS); and it worked without giving any error. It's weird cause both Facebook.class and ApplicationSettings.class were in the same directory and the program could find ApplicationSettings.class but not Facebook.class.

both classes are under the package: com.blackberry.facebook

Does anyone have any idea on this? Thank you!
Closed Thread