Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 04:36 AM   #1
cgreensas
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone
Unhappy BES 5.0 - wont accept new license CALs

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BES 5.0 server (upgraded last year from 4.0) we have 30 users in total and a selection of CAL's going back to version 3.6 when we first set it up, I did have some issues upgrading from 4.0 to 5.0 whereby the database got corrupted and I had to create a new one but I resolved that and its been working fine since.

Recently we needed to add a new user so I purchase a 5 CAL pack from Vodafone and tried to apply to my server but they have now sent 3 different CAL packs (all start with "BESCAL whereas the old ones BESX35) but every time I try and apply the new CALs it just says "invalid license keys" this has gone on for a while with vodafone now and they wont help any more as they didnt set the server up (dont have Tsupport as never needed it) has anyone else had this issue with BES 5.0 and new CALs?

The odd thing is I ended up adding the new user and it did let me but it complains every time you login to BES now saying its over license and contact my provider etc, however it does work and I even tried adding yet another user and that worked too (we have purchased a 5 CAL pack which wont apply so its not like we are breaking the license)

Any help gratefully received!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
freakinvibe
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Class
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Swisscom

There are SBE and Enterprise CALs. Have you ordered the right type? You can't mix the license types.

Also, in the Webconsole, does it say Enterprise or Small Business for the license type?
Old 01-18-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
cgreensas
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone

I definitely ordered enterprise and the license type does say enterprise in the web console (also currently says -1 in free licenses as I've gone over the limit of 30 users with the CALs which are on there)

Vodafone wont help me any more as they didnt install our BES (we are a systems integrator and have been implementing BES for years so didnt need them to) but they are adamant they have sent the correct license, they sent 2 subsequent licenses also which dont work but again they start "BESCAL" whereas all our existing start "BESX35" not sure if relevant but none of these new type work for me.