Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #21
berry9700
No longer Registered.

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T mobile

Please Login to Remove!

i need my money egomaniac, after he got the phone bold 9700 he open a dispute new i think he have more then 1 account
Old 09-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #22
berry9700
No longer Registered.

he have 2 paypal account because he sent payment from 2 account
Old 09-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #23
Picolo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokko74 View Post
Picolo tell as about what happen to paypal...
We agreed on a price... He sent me his paypal address

3 days prior to this deal I sent A PM to berry9700 Asking about the deal he had with Egomaniac.

Soon After I made the payment on Sunday Night 10:30pm Ego Accepts the payment and Then sends me a PM on here stating his account has been compromised and he can longer access the account and he wont be sending the Phone out. Moreover, A few mins later Conveniently Berry9700 Responds and says hes a good guy and No problems Later Sends me a PM saying EgoManiac has two paypal accounts and has open a dispute with him.

IMO, THEY BOTH ARE 1) Either the same person trying to play tricks
2) Two lovers trying to cover the others tracks

I have opened a dispute with Paypal... Called them yesterday and had them Escalate it to a Claim...I have informed My Local Bank here in Canada and They are aware of the problem. I hope to get my $$ back in FULL.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:59 PM   #24
mmagda
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Fido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picolo View Post
We agreed on a price... He sent me his paypal address

3 days prior to this deal I sent A PM to berry9700 Asking about the deal he had with Egomaniac.

Soon After I made the payment on Sunday Night 10:30pm Ego Accepts the payment and Then sends me a PM on here stating his account has been compromised and he can longer access the account and he wont be sending the Phone out. Moreover, A few mins later Conveniently Berry9700 Responds and says hes a good guy and No problems Later Sends me a PM saying EgoManiac has two paypal accounts and has open a dispute with him.

IMO, THEY BOTH ARE 1) Either the same person trying to play tricks
2) Two lovers trying to cover the others tracks

I have opened a dispute with Paypal... Called them yesterday and had them Escalate it to a Claim...I have informed My Local Bank here in Canada and They are aware of the problem. I hope to get my $$ back in FULL.
Sucks to hear man. Good that you acted swiftly in this matter. They should be refunding your money in the next few days, once they see where/who he sent money to.

Anyways, calling PayPal FTW, the rep figures things out ASAP vs. email correspondence.

And I totally guessed that these two are in on the deal, its too convenient.

BBeryy9700 PMd a bunch of us for a phone that he was selling from Jamaica, yet AT&T branded. No one bit the bait, so he pulled a nice move, sold the phones elsewhere and created his "egomaniac" acct. The new user jumped on the deal tryign to reassure forum members BBerry9700 [aka. same guy] is good to deal with.

I hate scammers.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #25
berry9700
No longer Registered.

thats all wrong, i dont know this guy
Old 09-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #26
Picolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmagda View Post
Sucks to hear man. Good that you acted swiftly in this matter. They should be refunding your money in the next few days, once they see where/who he sent money to.

Anyways, calling PayPal FTW, the rep figures things out ASAP vs. email correspondence.

And I totally guessed that these two are in on the deal, its too convenient.

BBeryy9700 PMd a bunch of us for a phone that he was selling from Jamaica, yet AT&T branded. No one bit the bait, so he pulled a nice move, sold the phones elsewhere and created his "egomaniac" acct. The new user jumped on the deal tryign to reassure forum members BBerry9700 [aka. same guy] is good to deal with.

I hate scammers.
Thats exactly what i think the plan was... I cant believe I fell for this idiot and his nonsense... The price he agreed on was $80 USD... I think That seemed fair Thats what probably fooled me.

I will keep you guys updated. So I am assuming paypal has a Lock on his account (From what they told me) and That He wont be able to withdraw/send/transfer money from here on out till the situation is resolved? Someone help me out?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #27
Picolo

And infact it was the REP who insisted I escalate it to a Claim... So I am glad I got some assistance from them... Meanwhile Egomaniac has been PM'ing me asking me if I got my money back?
Old 09-15-2010, 04:35 AM   #28
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Let's get this item settled very quickly. I suggest that the buyer and seller reconsider ever using this site feature.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #29
mmagda
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Fido

Quote:
And infact it was the REP who insisted I escalate it to a Claim... So I am glad I got some assistance from them... Meanwhile Egomaniac has been PM'ing me asking me if I got my money back?
Yeah, they froze his account(s). Now they will wait for the seller to respond as they sent him an email, he has ~3-5 days to respond to the claims, but since you did it over the phone it may be sooner.

Also, the 80$ for the 9000 isn't unreasonable. They are in that price range, well closer to 100$

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Let's get this item settled very quickly. I suggest that the buyer and seller reconsider ever using this site feature.
Why? Picolo, is on a few forums that I'm on, and he has feedback, so why shouldn't he be allowed to use it anymore?

I can vouch for him as a buyer, and that he has a LOT of feedback in many places.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #30
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

mmagda,
Use as you wish. I would not want the anyone to feel stressed over a rather simple transaction. The focus here is to facilitate a transaction and that's all.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #31
egomaniac
No longer Registered.

Carrier: at&t
Default re

Quote:
Yeah, they froze his account(s). Now they will wait for the seller to respond as they sent him an email, he has ~3-5 days to respond to the claims, but since you did it over the phone it may be sooner.

Also, the 80$ for the 9000 isn't unreasonable. They are in that price range, well closer to 100$
my account is not froze, i told paypal to hold all transaction thats going on in my account, i try to login in to my account but the password wont let me in. all of my info has change up except my name so i have call paypal to hold all transaction an they told to to fox my id to them so that they can arrange back every ting. they even told me that the account was last used in Germany. when Picolo sent the 80U.S to me i when an try to login but the site wont accept my info so i email Picolo to cancel the transfer he told me the transfer was accept so i told him to open a dispute an same time i call paypal to hold my transaction, 640u.s was used from my account an i am now waiting from paypal to reversed the cash that was took from my account. if i was a scammer i would never try to mess up my self on the first night
Old 09-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #32
Picolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmagda View Post

Why? Picolo, is on a few forums that I'm on, and he has feedback, so why shouldn't he be allowed to use it anymore?

I can vouch for him as a buyer, and that he has a LOT of feedback in many places.

Thank you mmagda! I appreciate you looking out for a fellow canuck! Yes I have alot of feedback on various BST forums (RFD.com/HOFO etc)
Old 09-15-2010, 03:08 PM   #33
Picolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by egomaniac View Post
my account is not froze, i told paypal to hold all transaction thats going on in my account, i try to login in to my account but the password wont let me in. all of my info has change up except my name so i have call paypal to hold all transaction an they told to to fox my id to them so that they can arrange back every ting. they even told me that the account was last used in Germany. when Picolo sent the 80U.S to me i when an try to login but the site wont accept my info so i email Picolo to cancel the transfer he told me the transfer was accept so i told him to open a dispute an same time i call paypal to hold my transaction, 640u.s was used from my account an i am now waiting from paypal to reversed the cash that was took from my account. if i was a scammer i would never try to mess up my self on the first night
Maybe you didnt plan well enough... Too late though.

Paypal has given you till the 20th of Sept to Have my funds... Either way I will make sure You dont pull this nonsense on anyone else... Its funny how you accepted the funds within a minute literally and then went on to say you cannot log in and that your password has been changed and all that jazz
Old 09-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #34
Picolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
mmagda,
Use as you wish. I would not want the anyone to feel stressed over a rather simple transaction. The focus here is to facilitate a transaction and that's all.
How is it simple if the Seller is a scammer? and despite another member pointing that out you refused to take action as a MODERATOR to ban him or atleast notify members who frequent the BST
Old 09-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #35
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Quote:
How is it simple if the Seller is a scammer? and despite another member pointing that out you refused to take action as a MODERATOR to ban him or atleast notify members who frequent the BST
Your point is well taken. Please understand that all we do is provide the medium for transactions. If you are going to depend on us "volunteer" mods to police certain items, then you should not use this forum for transactions. We are not PayPal or Ebay and attain no compensation from other's actions. Please understand that

http://www.blackberryforums.com/buy-...-own-risk.html

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #36
Picolo

BERRY9700 IS EGOMANIAC ========> CONFIRMED!!!!

BERRY9700 SENT ME A PM STATING

i just want you to member that i have your address, and money is power, remember that ok.

Threat probably of some sort?

I NEVER DID A DEAL WITH BERRY9700 therefore how would he have my address?
Old 09-17-2010, 02:47 AM   #37
rokko74
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Cosmote

Guys it was so obvious... I try to warning...
Old 09-17-2010, 08:32 AM   #38
Xion901
No longer Registered.

Model: XXXXi
Carrier: A Good One

Quote:
Woow forum threats haha, sweet. You shouldn't even bother with him, your going to get your money back.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #39
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

I have closed this thread. Please send me a PM if you can justify it being opened again.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 09-18-2010, 01:37 AM   #40
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Just one comment... I checked the IP addresses of egomaniac and berry9700 and they are the same. Another user account, cuyber500, with the same IP was previously banned on Aug. 27. Smells like a scam artist to me.
Closed Thread