Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 08:38 AM   #41
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I would think that the few phone they do have and will ship will be where they are activating new accounts. there is money to be made there. Others that are not activating would be of lower priority
Old 10-25-2007, 09:02 AM   #42
jcrewguy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A

Well that's the thing ...I am a NEW cstomer agreeing to a 2 year service agreement. I would hate to cancel now, pay $199.99 through AT&T corporate & then Letstalk magicaly gets the 8310's in. Good thing about getting them through corporate is the quick turn around if anything should go wrong with the phone.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #43
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
PIN: ?

that might be something. I'm sure letstalk makes more money from a new contract vs. someone strictly buying the phone. They may discriminate based off of that? which may explain why people who ordered later are getting their phones shipped first?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #44
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Update: My phone shipped, received tracking information from LetsTalk.

Correction to my earlier post...I made order on Tuesday. Shipped Thursday(today). *SHOULD* receive Friday.

Cant say my experience with LetsTalk has been as bad as yours.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #45
jcrewguy

My status has been updated to "Ready to Ship" A shipment confirmation email (if applicable) will be sent to you with your shipment tracking number. I tried making a call with my old phone and sure enough the call wouldn't go through because it's porting. Hopefully I will get the 8310 tomorrow. Where does Letstalk ship from?

gibber9583 -

What shipping method did you go with?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:07 AM   #46
jcrewguy

Does anyone know if I could use a prepaid phone card using my old cell until I get my new phone in?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:23 PM   #47
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

jcrewguy, I paid the $15 for overnight shipping.

I believe Letstalk ships from TX.

Also, i do not believe u can use a prepaid calling card on a phone u are no longer paying for service. you cannot make outbound calls from it(even to 800 #'s). I may be wrong, but i dont htink you can.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:33 PM   #48
holcombavt

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT

10/24, it said "picking" in the early afternoon, then changed to "Activating" a little later, and has been in that stage for almost 24 hours now. I haven't had any email updates since Monday. When it first showed that it was in "picking", shipping was scheduled for 10/25. Today, it has been pushed back until 10/26.

Usually, this type of thing doesn't bother me much, and I haven't "needed" the phone, but I haven't been impressed with the business practices so far.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:51 PM   #49
holcombavt

Order finally shows that it has shipped. They have a non-local number for me, but I yhink that can be remedied. Ship date 10/25, delivery date 10/30. Glad I didn't pay for the expedited shipping.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #50
archer6
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: at&t

The only purpose of my post is to share what I know. Not guesswork, not golly gee whiz, not speculation, but first hand experience & facts.

Besides the two times I "attempted" to do business with Let'sTalk (resulting in delays of over a month, still no phone), I have four friends that also made the same near fatal mistake. All in the interest of saving money. When indeed the cost of waiting, then having to go somewhere else was much greater.

Do yourselves a favor and get out of the Let'sTalk merry-go-round of false promises and buy your phones somewhere else.

OR you may be rewarded as one of my friends was that would not give up, but let them run the game on him. He did in fact get his phone in a mere 8 weeks, and it was a return, not a new phone. Nice huh?

And just how did he determine that? He could not help but notice the cosmetic scratches, the places where the paint was worn thin, and the chips along the edge of the battery door. And the fact that the phone smelled of cigarette smoke. Time to pay the restocking fee....

You what they say about assuming, denial (that won't happen to me) and blind faith......
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #51
Fkmegently
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
The only purpose of my post is to share what I know. Not guesswork, not golly gee whiz, not speculation, but first hand experience & facts.

Besides the two times I "attempted" to do business with Let'sTalk (resulting in delays of over a month, still no phone), I have four friends that also made the same near fatal mistake. All in the interest of saving money. When indeed the cost of waiting, then having to go somewhere else was much greater.

Do yourselves a favor and get out of the Let'sTalk merry-go-round of false promises and buy your phones somewhere else.

OR you may be rewarded as one of my friends was that would not give up, but let them run the game on him. He did in fact get his phone in a mere 8 weeks, and it was a return, not a new phone. Nice huh?

And just how did he determine that? He could not help but notice the cosmetic scratches, the places where the paint was worn thin, and the chips along the edge of the battery door. And the fact that the phone smelled of cigarette smoke. Time to pay the restocking fee....

You what they say about assuming, denial (that won't happen to me) and blind faith......
Just as an add on to what you said....
I was considering them or Amazon (but read somewhere on here about someone's carrier price matching) so I went to my (new) carrier and asked. I'm with T-Mobile so it was the 8320 but T-Mobile matched Letstalk's price (minus some special $50. rebate only available through Letstalk) so overall cost after TMo's MI rebate was $50. I didn't get the feeling from the ATT guy that they'd match if I'd gone with them instead.

Last edited by Fkmegently; 10-25-2007 at 08:35 PM..
Old 10-26-2007, 01:13 AM   #52
MadDog_
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: Hang on. I'm looking for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
All in the interest of saving money. When indeed the cost of waiting, then having to go somewhere else was much greater.

Ditto for my Amazon experience so far. They received their shipment yesterday and still didn't manage to get it shipped out today.

Lesson learned: Online is OK only if you don't really care when you get your phone.

I would NEVER recommend Amazon for any kind of purchase if delivery matters.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #53
holcombavt

Update: Phone did actually ship on 10/25. Delivery estimate, through UPS, says 10/29, so that isn't too bad.

- The number they gave me was not a local number.
- Called Letstalk today: Said to call ATT to get it changed.
- ATT said it would cost $36 to assign me a new number-said it was Letstalk's problem. If a SIM card is sent with the phone, then Letstalk assigned the original number, and they will need to be the ones to change it.
- Called Letstalk again: The C.S. agent said he would send a request to Letstalk's activation dept to change it. I asked if they can give me any more discounts for the time I've used calling them to get things straightened out. NO discounts, but they could offer me a free case or something. Not really a whole lot I can do about that at this point, so I accepted the free case, and asked to have an email assuring me of the free case.

Disclaimer for myself: I didn't read anything about Letstalk before I ordered the phone. I purchased my 8100 through Wirefly, and got excellent service, so i figured the same for Letstalk. After a couple days, I did a google search, and saw several bad reviews, basically stating the same things we have complained about here. Then this thread was started, and just reaffirmed everything I read. And since my local store never got them in while I was waiting, there wasn't a need to cancel my order.

Side Note(possible positive): When I purchased the phone($99.00), there were 2 mail-in rebates-(1) for $50 after 120 of service, and (1) for $50 through ATT for activating a new line with $29.99 rate plan.
Today, I pring off the rebates, since the phone actually shipped. The rebate for I printed off, the ATT one, says $75 MIR for the Curve 8310. That means, if I remember to send in the delayed rebate(and they actually give it to me), I will make $25 off the phone. The ATT rebate says it is good from 9/16-11/3/07, and my purchase was well within those dates. I didn't look at the rebate before, but I think it was $50.

I would write a conclusion to all of this, but there won't be one until I have the phone in my hand, with a correct phone number, and a free case protecting my phone.

Last edited by holcombavt; 10-26-2007 at 10:18 AM..
Old 10-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #54
CHT

Carrier: Cingular

They also gave me a wrong number. I would try calling AT&T again. I called while the phone was still being delivered, and because the phone had 0 minutes they changed the number to a local number free of charge. When the phone arrived today the local number worked fine. It probably depends on what CS rep you get...hit or miss but worth trying again and leave Let'sTalk out of it for your own sanity.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #55
holcombavt

I'll wait to see if Letstalk gets it done. They said it would take 24 hours to show up. If it doesn't change by Monday morning, I'll call ATT again.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:34 PM   #56
gibber9583
CrackBerry Addict

Phone ordered on tuesday. My fedex tracking number says phone is out for delivery currently. Cant wait to get home and give it a whirl.

I must be lucky. Overall my experience w/LetsTalk has been solid. They even sent an email to let me know that the free Kingston microSD card was out of stock and had no estimated date on when they'd get it back in stock. Giving me a sandisk microsd instead....

good luck to everyone else
Old 10-26-2007, 09:13 PM   #57
holcombavt

Letstalk called me this afternoon, around 5:30 central, and gave me my new phone number. I also checked ATT, and it shows up as changed there too.
Closed Thread