Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 07:49 AM   #1
Razsta

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Trackpad Malfunction!

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry this is a bit long but please read as this is extremely frustrating.
So I have had my 9700 since February and it has been working fine. Around the start of July my track pad started to become unresponsive and I would have to restart the phone to get it to work. I began noticing that my phone would also slow down until it froze and then restarted itself. Then my trackpad just stopped working all together. The phone would move at regular speed without the trackpad working. To get the track pad to work I would have to restart my phone about 7-10 times and randomly the track pad will work again, but if I do not actiely use the phone, and allow it to rest and the screen to black out, then the phone would have major slow down issues until it restarts itself and the trackpad would not work again.

I have tried wiping the phone which did not immediately fix the issue but after a week the trackpad came back and the phone was working good as new for the next 3 weeks. Now the issue is back and I have not added ANY new programs to the phone other than what was there already. I also constantly clear my event log. I have t-mobile and they say I can send my pphone in for a new one but I am currently doing work in another country and cannot return to send it in.. Sorry for the long post but this is extremely frustrating
Old 09-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I don't think it's an OS issue. I would contact the carrier and replace the phone.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #3
Razsta

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

Thank you for ur reply, however I am going to be outside of the US until December/January so I cannot deal with T-mobile till then.
Closed Thread