Old 03-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #1
mizditz101
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhne
Carrier: AT&T
Default Looking for a job...

Please Login to Remove!

SUCKS!

That's all there is to it. And it pisses me off...bad.

I'm sick of putting in applications on line... Next step, go apply for all the waitressing positions available.. Yeah, THAT sounds like fun!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

cant be that many food joints where the cows fly I wish you luck though. what kinda jobs are you looking for?
Old 03-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
mizditz101

Anything that isn't fast food...
I worked at wendy's for a total of about 9months.. I'll never ever do that again...
I've applied at Best Buy, Fye, and Borders in the last two days..
In the last 6 months it's gone everywhere from Old Spaghetti Factory (local restaurant) to Albertsons... but no luck anywhere so far..
Barnes and Noble will probably see my face tomorrow, as will all those little "breakfast all day" diners...
Movie Theaters, Bowling allies... it's all on my list lol
My aunt is telling me to go over to the rec centers and apply there... I know the Taylorsville pool will need ticketing people and stuff soon :P
Old 03-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

RadioShack is usually pretty good at hiring, though the pay is decent, its mostly commissioned based.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
mizditz101

Lol... I failed at commission based pay... I worked at Lagoon up here for like 2 weeks..
they took too much out of my checks and paid minimum wage + commission..
I drive a bronco, and the place was about 45miles away... I couldn't do it haha!!

Sooner or later I'll find a job... no one here is EVER hiring though, so it's kind of tough... and if they are hiring it's either 18+ and a high school diploma...
1 - Not 18 till July
2 - Still working on the diploma lol
Old 03-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

yeah that can be rough
Old 03-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #7
mizditz101

What sucks is, I applied at FYE, and my friend decided to as well...
He got a call from them today... So I'm not expecting to get one anymore...
Old 03-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #8
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

well keep hope, you dont know how many slots they had. could be different shifts, never know
Old 03-24-2008, 10:35 PM   #9
mizditz101

Lol yeah, that's what I'm doing!
I'm just hoping I get one soon before I have to hear my dad complain one more time about his bills...
The only downside to getting a job, is when I was making $400 a week in montana (yay for working under the table) He had me paying his rent and utilities... (I was 14 at the time) The fact that he asks his daughter to pay all of his bills has kept me from getting a job until closer to the time I can move out...
Old 03-24-2008, 10:41 PM   #10
mizditz101

Even better... While I'm fighting off the ants in the house, my dad decides to leave a knife with peanut butter and jelly on it in the sink... oh, those ants smelled it! They're ALL over now..
Even better, I'm not going to care. I clean up after myself... Every dish I use ends up in the DISHWASHER... and clean... if he can't do that, why should I do it for him?!

Whats bad is it was his own mother (my grandma who gives me the fruit) who told me to do that... he never cleans up after himself... and if anything he should do at least that... so meh! They're his ants now!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:47 PM   #11
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

well, i can admit that at times i leave things in the sink. i get to it each day though. im also bad about using the same glass for water for day after day. (only for a week at a time though). ants can be a pain, though they are interesting with problems they can solve.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #12
mizditz101

It's not the leaving stuff in the sink that I have a problem with, not at all (i have a bowl in the sink right now.. and a pot that made spaghetti that I use like every other day... hence why it sits out) But when you have ants all over the place, you can't throw stuff in the sink for a week, and not even bother to rinse it off before plopping it there and forgetting about it...

Both my dad and I were raised by the SAME person (I lived with my grandma for 10 years) and we both learned either 1 - rinse off stuff thoroughly and put them in the sink, and remember to come back for them later and put them in the dishwasher... or 2 - put them straight in the dishwasher...
I was taught to always put stuff in the dishwasher, unless the dishwasher was full... Then of course it was always my job to empty the dishwasher except for the stuff that went above the sink (I'm short)

I don't mind stuff here and there sitting out... but within reason...
Coke cans in the sink (which he does) are NOT ok.. especially when you turn around and there's a garbage bag. Mail in the sink isn't ok either.
Grimey plates you've sat in your room for a month are ok, if they're soaking... But they shouldn't soak for a week either.

More or less he's living like he's a bachelor.. or in a frat house. He leaves it up to me to be sure to clean up after him, and with certain things I have no choice, because I don't want to get sick. But seeing as his ex wife has called child services on him for how he keeps his house... I don't see how he can just be ok with how it is..

He blames the ants on other people.. "They come from somewhere else"
Well no?!?!?!? But they smell YOUR food and coke, and come into OUR apartment to get to it... I don't care if they came from the ant hill down the street, it's not where they are right now... lol

I do agree though... ants being able to lift 10x their weight is amazing... and just, how they GET to the food they so disparately want... they impress me. When they aren't in my room =D
Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 PM   #13
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Should be rinsing those coke cans anyway recycling and all. You make good points, and i know ive heard most of them at some point (from my gf no less lol), but ive never let it get to ants/other pests. Ive learned to keep it to what i posted up above, but can definately see your frustration.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:09 PM   #14
mizditz101

Lol We should recycle them... I'd be freaking RICH!!
(he goes through a 12pack about every... 3-5 days? I go through one every 7-12)
I can't bring myself to clean his coke cans out though (I drink all my dew, that stuff is a precious resource) he'll leave even those sitting there long enough to grow mold.. I don't know how, but it happens!

I actually got him to one day clean out his room (I had to help.. how lame, I didn't even get anything out of the deal)
We had 2 full kitchen sized garbage bags full of just cans... and some more little grocery bags because I didn't have any more garbage bags...
I didn't think of recycling at the time though... I just wanted to get them out of the house lol

I've learned not to say anything to him, because he calls me manipulative and a few other things when I ask him to put stuff even in the dishwasher. So that's where my grandma and I came up with the I'll clean my stuff and do my dishes, his are up to him. If he puts them in the dishwasher his self, I'll do them, but that's the only time lol. It's a classic "can't teach an old dog new tricks" It makes no sense to me because I know my grandma, and I know his 2nd wife... there's no way he ever got away with it before the last 6 years.. and in the last 3-6 years is when it's all changed
Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 AM   #15
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (blackjack IV)

Have ya tried starbucks?

I will save my comments regarding the cleanliness or lack there of of the "parental" unit
Old 03-25-2008, 07:47 AM   #16
hnsimpson

Model: 8130
PIN: pm me for it
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (8703e)

Good luck with all that you have going on. Sounds like your grandmother raised you, and now you are raising your father!

-simpson

/real world sucks
//sometimes I admire 'kids today'

-Young MC
Old 03-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #17
option94
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Starbucks is everywhere. Even where the cows fly.

I used to think I was a slob. Thank you for showing me that I was wrong.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:40 AM   #18
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

PIN: ups! ;)

Do you have any Dry Cleaning businesses in town? Both of my sons worked for a time at one. You just need a little customer service and cash register experience. Pay is ok and they had lot's of time to study and do homework between customers in the afternoon. Might be great, earn some cash and get some school out of the way!

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 03-25-2008, 08:58 AM   #19
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

yep, Starbucks, 7-11, McDonalds, and RadioShack. each has over 7000 locations worldwide, starbucks being the largest last i heard, with 7-11 right on its heels.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:05 AM   #20
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Pre-schools and grade schools always seem to be looking for folks to organize supplies, set up arts and crafts projects, grade papers, etc.
Closed Thread