Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 03:09 AM   #21
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT
Default Re: Finally onto Q10 but couple of learning troughs

Please Login to Remove!

Well, finally i ended up going back to my beloved 9900 . Tried Q10 for full 40 days and the device is best in the class but being a shortcut fan, i really missed those shortcuts and t-pad on the old device.

biggest frustration was the browsing.. every time I open the website i will either keep zooming in or pressing 'I-key" until i get to the readability
and then the same story will repeat if i need to open the link.
Hub is nice to see everything in one spot but having shortcuts could have been the real use of the keyboard. and that was the one best reason why people stayed between keyless or keyfull devices.
I wish RIM will do something more to retain and be creative with the following
--Bring back the shortcuts
-- bring back the t-pad
-- change the UI a little. loggin into my yahoo IM and everytime the sign in button was on the next screen thats painful
-- those fancy soft keys on the bottom under hub are nice but since there is no ESC key its so easy to press the reply key (which looks like a back button or backspace key) and then if you want to cancel then you have to go all the to the top to can cancel or send
-- wake up the device with press of the key and not just from the top power button. make sense when the device is locked or screen is locked and just like the old devices it can go back because you can not type because keypad is locked or you can start entering the password if you have one.
-- May be use the ALT key to mimic the t-pad cursor behavior, like in old devices there used to he H, K,L keys to move the cursor around.. i wish we can do something about this.
--hot keys for changing the profile. its NOT easy to go between vibrate and normal when you have to use the index tip so many times every day. we can press and hold the power button and it can give the option to change the profiles (sorry Nokia already might have patented it )
-- Hub can be optional ? - HAAHHA.. Wonder if some of oldies will be happy without a HUB, Mouse was invented so that those high power computers can get some relax from the supersmart operators and programers so there is lag between the commands -
Not every new thing is better than last one

-- For the first time in my BB life I ran over the 300 mb data plan.. I browse and send and receive emails a lot and a lot but hardly any videos. with the same behavior i jumped the data limit within first 22 days.. IS BB downloading all the times?

--Bring wireless charging on the device.
--Make the fonts little more smaller
--Bring in ringtones from old devices. why only 4 ring tones on this new BB.
-- Wiping a device still takes 22+ mins.. did it wipe or it really wiped it NSA style?
-- any one else wants to add some more here..?
I love the BB and will still be on them , I have stocked some of the old ones in case i need to stay on it for longer -;)
Closed Thread