Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
brain
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Class
Carrier: Verizon
Default Default to USB drive

Please Login to Remove!

How do I get my Verizon Curve 9330 to automatically use "USB drive" mode when connected to my computer instead of popping up the option list so that I have to choose that option on each connection?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Default to USB drive

Try options > memory, and look for auto enable setting, and change it from prompt to yes.

Depending on your OS version the layout may be different. If so, look around. The concept will be the same.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvictor View Post
Make sure, the correct USB drivers should be installed well. Install the blackberry Media Sync software, when the blackberry curve 8530 desktop & Media Sync re-install, connect the device and then clicked on the device and went out and updated the drivers again. It will work..
The software is all installed and working. The problem is not that it does not work; the problem is that it asks me which mode I want to use every time I connect it to my computer.

USB Drive
Sync Media
Charge only

I want it to automatically choose USB mode instead of offereing me the option. If I choose nothing, it defaults to Charge only, and then when I try to manually copy my voice notes or a picture, the drive letter is unavailable.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Try options > memory, and look for auto enable setting, and change it from prompt to yes.

Depending on your OS version the layout may be different. If so, look around. The concept will be the same.
That is what I thought, and on my Curve 8330, all I had to do was Enable Mass Storage Mode; however, the place where I found the storage options on the 9330 does not contain a default mode option. That is, I can enable or disable storage, but not choose the default mode.

Options -> Device -> Storage has only these options:

Compression
Media Card support

Both are checked, the rest of the screen there is purely informational (card capacity, etc), and the BB button does not give me additional configuration options
Closed Thread