Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Web Desktop Manager Installation Problems

Please Login to Remove!

Domino 7.0.3
BES 4.1.6
BAS 1.0.1

I am in total confusion right now. I am trying to install this and following the instructions like a good little boy but I am unable to make heads or tails with trying to publish the web desktop manager files for the users.

Publish the BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager client file in a Microsoft Windows GPO
1. Navigate to <drive>:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Administration Service\JBoss\ejb\server\default
\tmp\deploy\tmp<number>basClientWebDesktop-exp.war.
2. Copy RIMWebComponents.msi from RIMWebComponents.cab to a shared network folder.

I am trying to follow this but there are many questions.

1. I try to navigate to that file but it doesn't exist in that directory. And what does it matter if it did. There are no instructions between step one and two. It only says navigate here...and on a different note..copy some other file.
2. And brings up another issue. where is this RIMWebComponents.cab file located? I have searched the entire server and this file is nowhere to be found.

I am very confused and frustrated with this right now. Can someone please steer me in the correct direction.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
NunyoBidnez

Anyone have any sort of similar experience or issue with setting up and using Web Desktop Manager?
Old 09-12-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
blenahan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

you might want to reinstall the Blackberry Administration Service. We set ours up without any problems that I remember (except for us not being able to change the company logo on the logon page), and the path that you reference above exists for me.

When you CAN finally get out to that path, there is a RIMWebComponents.cab file in there. When you double click on it, you will see a RIMWebComponents.msi file which you can then copy out to a network share that your users will have READ access to. They will then be able to get to that file to install the necessary components so they may use Web Desktop Manager.

If all else fails, search for the tmp59365basClientWebDesktop-exp.war folder in case it got installed to a different path. Your files should be there.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
NunyoBidnez

Has anyone installed the BAS 1.0.1 and seen this same issue or have it work correctly?
I am wondering if its related to that version
Old 09-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
NunyoBidnez

I have reinstalled BAS 1.0.1 and still nothing. I do not have the folder that is listed in the instructions and I do not have the .cab file anywhere on the server.

help
Old 09-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
Neo3000
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: TMO
Default Startup needed

The two services of WDM (BAS-AS and BAS-NCC) need to start at least once to process the war files. The war files are then decompressed to the mentioned tmp directory.
Check the event log if the services are started correctly and try to access the WDM web GUI.
In case of errors: WDM needs a quite specific JDK version and will not work without manual configuration if you have a newer JDK (1.6) installed.
There is a workaround in KB14697 ("Could not load the Java Virtual Machine. Load Library the specified module could not be found.") which works for me.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
NunyoBidnez

I checked the event log and found that the BAS-AS and BAS-NCC services were not starting correctly due to above mentioned JDK error.

I noticed I had a Java upgrade available on the server so I upgraded to 1.6.0_07
I then followed instructions in the workaround KB14697. The registry entries did not have a directory listed for the Java client. I added the correct directory in the registry and restarted the server.
Now the BAS-AS and BAS-NCC services show started but the tmp directory \tmp<number>basClientWebDesktop-exp.war\ still does not exist.

???

Is this directly related to the BAS 1.0.1? This is the newest BAS...has anyone else installed this version?

Last edited by NunyoBidnez; 09-17-2008 at 03:10 PM..
Old 09-22-2008, 11:44 AM   #8
NunyoBidnez

anyone?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #9
bakerfall
Thumbs Must Hurt

For me, RIMWebComponents.cab is located here: Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Administration Service\JBoss\ejb\server\default\tmp\deploy\tmp959 1basClientWebDesktop-exp.war

A cab file is an archive, you can open it in winzip. Inside the cab file are RIMWebComponents.inf and RIMWebComponents.msi. The msi can be distributed using GPO, SMS, or other means.

If the cab file is not present, you have a different issue. I would check your rights, make sure everything is installing correctly. If that still doesn't work, try it on another box just to see if it is successful.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #10
NunyoBidnez

As stated before...I do not have that directory.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software.
I can look into the Data.cab file and find the F391_basClientWebDesktop.war file still sitting there. It never gets decompressed.

In a previous post it was talked about that BAS-AS and BAS-NCC services need to be running for this file to be decompressed. I went through the steps suggested and resolved the issue with the services but still nothing.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:00 PM   #11
bakerfall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NunyoBidnez View Post
As stated before...I do not have that directory.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software.
I can look into the Data.cab file and find the F391_basClientWebDesktop.war file still sitting there. It never gets decompressed.

In a previous post it was talked about that BAS-AS and BAS-NCC services need to be running for this file to be decompressed. I went through the steps suggested and resolved the issue with the services but still nothing.
No one knows why you don't have that dir, but I'm pretty sure that's the problem.

like I said, install it on another box and see if it installs correctly.