Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:24 AM   #41
kaos
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100v

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyxlc
Regarding the speed dial. When I choose a name and select Email..." my only choices are email addresses, not phone numbers.
That seems to happen when the contact I want to assign a speed dial to have more than one email address. If a contact only has one email address, PD correctly prompts for the phone#.

This new version looks very good so far...

"Act only according to that maxim by which you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law." - Immanuel Kant
Old 04-29-2005, 11:31 AM   #42
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyxlc
Regarding the speed dial. When I choose a name and select Email..." my only choices are email addresses, not phone numbers.

The other new features are great!
Just go ahead a select one of the email addresses and then the associated phone number(s) will be there for selection.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:41 PM   #43
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

All -

The release of PocketDay 2.03 has arrived! Use the following link for OTA downloads:

http://www.crossriversystems.com/files/v2/pd.jad

I have already downloaded and am in the process of working through the new features. Things look really good, I'm just working to figure out how the PocketDay speed dial function works, so if someone figures it out before me, please let us ALL know.

DKMadrid
Old 04-29-2005, 01:46 PM   #44
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Interesting.... It appears on first try that the only phone numbers that can be associated to the PocketDay speed dial function are those whose address entries have an e-mail address associated to them. When you go into the SpeedDial and choose to Set SpeedDial, it takes you to the Select Address function, where the only way it allows you to select a number is if the Email ___________ option is available on the menu. Any ideas...??
Old 04-29-2005, 01:46 PM   #45
auser
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: verizon

version 2 is great.. just some minor annoyances.

If possible, the ability to delete emails from the PD screen without the pesky "confirm" screen. Also, the ability to select a group of email messages to delete all at once-- these two features would make this new feature better.

I'm still toyinh with it..but so far I really like it!

auser
Old 04-29-2005, 01:49 PM   #46
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Man I love anything that I install and it automatically starts working Changed zip code and bam it was up and running so far so good if it continues to work for me for the full 30 day trial I am going to deff purchase. I am on a 7520 nextel BWC
Old 04-29-2005, 02:04 PM   #47
PhilMax
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100g

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmadrid
Interesting.... It appears on first try that the only phone numbers that can be associated to the PocketDay speed dial function are those whose address entries have an e-mail address associated to them. When you go into the SpeedDial and choose to Set SpeedDial, it takes you to the Select Address function, where the only way it allows you to select a number is if the Email ___________ option is available on the menu. Any ideas...??
The manual indicates this is a BB quirk. Once you pick the contact to associate (one with an email address), you are given the option to associate any listed phone number for that speed dial (7100 users can only use speed dial letters that are the first to appear on any key - for example, 7100 user can use Q as a speed dial, but not W, while full keyboard BBs can use all 26 letters). Then, if you hold the speed dial key for a 1/2 second while in PocketDay, you get a message that needs you to 'OK' PocketDay using the phone app before the numebr dials automatically.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:11 PM   #48
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

So as it stands right now, no email address in the contact information, no addition of speed dial functions to PocketDay? That somewhat sucks...!!
Old 04-29-2005, 02:12 PM   #49
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMax
The manual indicates this is a BB quirk. Once you pick the contact to associate (one with an email address), you are given the option to associate any listed phone number for that speed dial (7100 users can only use speed dial letters that are the first to appear on any key - for example, 7100 user can use Q as a speed dial, but not W, while full keyboard BBs can use all 26 letters). Then, if you hold the speed dial key for a 1/2 second while in PocketDay, you get a message that needs you to 'OK' PocketDay using the phone app before the numebr dials automatically.

Where did you get the manual you speak of, the PocketDay website?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:15 PM   #50
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

Guys,

Due to a quick in the BB OS, that's the only way to select a contact. Just add a dummy email address to those that don't have one and you'll be able to select them.

Also, you can select multiple emails now and delete them. Just hold the Left Shift key down and scroll. You'll see an an Arrow on each one. Then press the delete key.

I'll make the delete confirmation optional in the next release.

Mark
Old 04-29-2005, 02:17 PM   #51
PhilMax
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100g

http://www.crossriversystems.com/PocketDayBB.htm

Right next to 'download' are links to the full manual and to a quick start-up guide.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:23 PM   #52
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c

Thought of changing from BBtoday (free program) to Pocketday, what additional features does Pocketday have that bbtoday doesnt?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:27 PM   #53
runner2625

Model: 7290
Default Djia

Stock quotes are working great. Any way to get the Dow Jones Average. I tried using DJIA as a stock, but it just shows 0.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:29 PM   #54
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Moving this thread so there's at least one good PocketDay thread in the "Aftermarket Software" area.

I'll keep the PocketDay 1.7 thread grandfathered in the General forum though, it's been there for so darn long
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 04-29-2005, 02:34 PM   #55
mboltcocacola

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner2625
Stock quotes are working great. Any way to get the Dow Jones Average. I tried using DJIA as a stock, but it just shows 0.
Use ^DJI for the Dow, and ^IXIC for Nasdaq (^ = sym "o"). Also I have had no problems setting up the speed dial.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:18 PM   #56
runner2625

Model: 7290

Thanks, that worked great. Are these tips somewhere? I did not see them in the manual.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:20 PM   #57
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMax
http://www.crossriversystems.com/PocketDayBB.htm

Right next to 'download' are links to the full manual and to a quick start-up guide.

Thank you, PhilMax! Good lookin' out!!
Old 04-29-2005, 04:25 PM   #58
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboltcocacola
Use ^DJI for the Dow, and ^IXIC for Nasdaq (^ = sym "o"). Also I have had no problems setting up the speed dial.
Take a look back in this thread. The preferred syntex is to use "%5E" then the index i.e. %5EDJI for the Dow. This prevents some display problems. Be sure to notice that that is a five and not an S before the E
Old 04-29-2005, 04:26 PM   #59
mboltcocacola

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner2625
Thanks, that worked great. Are these tips somewhere? I did not see them in the manual.
As far as the stock market symbols, I had the same problem originally that you did, but I noticed the symbols from Yahoo and tried them, and they worked fine.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:54 PM   #60
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Man I love anything that I install and it automatically starts working Changed zip code and bam it was up and running so far so good if it continues to work for me for the full 30 day trial I am going to deff purchase. I am on a 7520 nextel BWC
absolutely..

anyone know how to possibly get FOREX symbol prices in the stocks listing? possible?
Closed Thread